Page 43 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite TV Shows

Default Re: Favorite TV Shows

Has anybody watched "Bloodline" on Netflix?....great show..

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Nope GH, but I've heard some really good things about the show.

The only ysitcom I currently watch on TV is The Big Bang Theory. The only drama I watch regularly is Nashville and occasionally Law & Order SVU. And the only reality show I watch is The Voice. That's pretty much it for me and TV except I will probably watch some of the NFL playoffs and, definitely, The Super Bowl.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Gotta love Big Bang Theory, the older ones are the best.

I'm currently watching the new season of Shameless on Showtime.
    Gotta love those ruthless Gallager's.

So Put Me On A Highway And Show Me A Sign
    And Take It To The Limit One More Time..............

Stuck on the Border

This doesn't fit under the title "favourite" but I wondered if anyone had watched Vinyl? It's the Scorses/Jagger series set in the 70s New York record industry. I made it through the pilot - just - but I'm not sure I want to continue. Almost the only bright spot was hearing a relatively obscure Wishbone Ash song (on the radio when the protagonist is in his car just before he "discovers" disco). It's dingy and dark with everyone swearing, lots of drugs, business meetings in the middle of an orgy. What's missing is any sense of joy. If Almost Famous is too feel-good, this is the opposite.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I love "Bloodline"!!! One of my favorites from Netflix and have became such a huge fan of Ben Mendelson from it, and already was a fan of the rest of the cast especially Kyle Chandler (Friday Night Lights) and Linda Cardellini (Freaks and Geeks).

I love TV and I used to actually be a spoiler mod on a forum similar to this for the show LOST (had the same username). LOST was such a huge experience for me and the first time I got involved heavily with the online fandom. Also love "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" (again my username), Once Upon a Time, The Flash, Seinfeld, The Mindy Project, The Office, Boardwalk Empire, Orphan Black, Outlander, Crime Story, Downton Abbey, Gotham, all the Sherlock Holmes shows, 24, Prison Break, Peaky Blinders, Master of None, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt and the Marvel/Netflix shows (Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Agent Carter, soon Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and The Punisher). Plus, so many other classic sitcoms, soaps, and shows over the years.

About "Vinyl", I haven't seen it yet but I have the first two eps on my DVR. My Dad really likes it as he loves Martin Scorsese's films, especially "Goodfellas", though my Mom was hoping more for an "Almost Famous" kind of story. I however also love Marty's movies/shows, especially "Boardwalk Empire" where he mixed fictional and real life characters, so I'm interested to see how this show goes. It already got renewed for a 2nd season as well.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    This doesn't fit under the title "favourite" but I wondered if anyone had watched Vinyl? It's the Scorses/Jagger series set in the 70s New York record industry. I made it through the pilot - just - but I'm not sure I want to continue. Almost the only bright spot was hearing a relatively obscure Wishbone Ash song (on the radio when the protagonist is in his car just before he "discovers" disco). It's dingy and dark with everyone swearing, lots of drugs, business meetings in the middle of an orgy. What's missing is any sense of joy. If Almost Famous is too feel-good, this is the opposite.
    I started watching UW just to hear some old tunes. Bobby Cannavale is better playing a gangster such as the one he played on Boardwalk Empire. I don't know, it kinda sucks you in, but not sure I'll continue...I do love Olivia Wilde as his wife character. I was looking at all the album covers on the wall which was cool. And they said the line Just flew to LA to deliver a check to Geffen. So maybe it'll get better.

Right now I'm fascinated with Lucifer. The guy who plays him Tom Ellis is gorgeous and is from Britain with a smooth voice.....Plus it's dark,mysterious, sexy and funny.

So Put Me On A Highway And Show Me A Sign
    And Take It To The Limit One More Time..............

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by DJ View Post
    I started watching UW just to hear some old tunes. Bobby Cannavale is better playing a gangster such as the one he played on Boardwalk Empire. I don't know, it kinda sucks you in, but not sure I'll continue...I do love Olivia Wilde as his wife character. I was looking at all the album covers on the wall which was cool. And they said the line Just flew to LA to deliver a check to Geffen. So maybe it'll get better.

Right now I'm fascinated with Lucifer. The guy who plays him Tom Ellis is gorgeous and is from Britain with a smooth voice.....Plus it's dark,mysterious, sexy and funny.
    My husband got me onto Lucifer. It's weird. I hope Americans are getting some of the very British expressions he uses.

Border Desperado The Disco Strangler's Avatar

I'm really into Jekyll and Hyde on CBC. Unfortunately, I heard they cancelled it

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by DJ View Post
    I followed your lead and I'm enjoying Lucifier. I've not come across Tom Ellis before but I love his delivery.

I'm also watching Bosch. I've read most of the books but I can never remember the plots. It's a good adaptation. Apart from the police procedural aspect, there are plots about politics, both within the office and in local government. Also - rare for a US cop show - the characters look like real people. Their clothes are crumpled, they don't run around in high heels without a hair out of place and very few are drop-dead gorgeous.

I'm still slogging through Vinyl.

No TV shows have been interesting to me lately. All of the CSIs are over, and now everyone is all about The Walking Dead but I'm not a fan of it, nor was I a fan of Breaking Bad.

I've always been more of a movie guy. If I turn on the TV, I'm watching a movie or something special.

But, I have Hulu Plus, Amazon Prime, HBO GO, and Netflix, so I can always go back in time.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."