Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite and prized vinyl collections!

Default Re: Favorite and prized vinyl collections!

Quote Originally Posted by ticky View Post
    OHhh It went on your HAIR... duh.. of course *G*
    "Brail-Cream" uh, no, ain't going there! <LOL>

MikeA

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

My husband usually gets off work by noon on Friday's and always stops at yard sales on the way home. He just came in the door with a new album for me. Portrait of Bobby by Bobby Sherman. I'm not a fan but he thought it was pretty cool because attached to the normal album cover is a "framed picture" of Bobby that you can detach and has a pop out easel on the back to make it look like a picture in a frame. We love these silly novelty albums and add as many of these as we can to our collection.

Do any of you remember this album? Quite a few on ebay but doesn't look like it's a big seller.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I remember BS, but never had an album of his.

I LOVE your new av TBF.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Do any of you remember this album? Quite a few on ebay but doesn't look like it's a big seller.
    Cool TBF. I am a bit embarrassed to admit it but, I was a big BS fan (back in my much younger days).I thought that I had all his albums & I think that I know the one you mean. When the album opens up does it have a full length picture of him on the back? Can you name a couple of songs that are on it? I looked through my old, make that ancient, vinyl collection, but I must have gotten rid of it. Anyway, thanks for posting that. It brings back pleasant childhood memories .

Out on the Border

last weekend my aunt lent me a handful of her albums to copy for "her", and i just started them, the first being a led zeppelin album and i am sad to say she didn't take very good care of them, there are scratches and fingerprints all over them. they seem to be salvageable but it kinda breaks my heart a little to see vinyl that's been so mistreated.

Quote Originally Posted by skibum1606 View Post
    last weekend my aunt lent me a handful of her albums to copy for "her", and i just started them, the first being a led zeppelin album and i am sad to say she didn't take very good care of them, there are scratches and fingerprints all over them. they seem to be salvageable but it kinda breaks my heart a little to see vinyl that's been so mistreated.
    I feel your pain...really! Even back in the 60's and 70's I was anal about vinyl care. You'd have thought I was performing surgery in a "clean room" when I played them...which was rarely. I never played an album other than to record it to reel-to-reel or cassette except for one "play" to clean the grooves.

Most of the others who I observed would rather listen to the scratches until the music was unrecognizable and then go buy another copy. I'd walk into the room where their stereo was located and see piles of vinyl NOT IN COVERS even!

MikeA

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Guilty, your honor!!!

I'm afraid I didn't take very good care of my vinyl's either back in the day. I did keep them in their covers, but I played them to death and only cleaned them when they started skipping. I figured I could just go out and buy another one if I really needed to. I know - appalling, isn't it!!!

I am technically better with my CDs but the only difference is that I don't play the originals. I only take them out to burn myself copies. Unfortunately, the burned copies get the same harsh treatment as my vinyls did. The good news is that now when I mess one up, I can just burn myself another copy, and the original stays preserved.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Thumbs up Re: Favorite and prized vinyl collections!

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Guilty, your honor!!!

I'm afraid I didn't take very good care of my vinyl's either back in the day. I did keep them in their covers, but I played them to death and only cleaned them when they started skipping. I figured I could just go out and buy another one if I really needed to. I know - appalling, isn't it!!!

I am technically better with my CDs but the only difference is that I don't play the originals. I only take them out to burn myself copies. Unfortunately, the burned copies get the same harsh treatment as my vinyls did. The good news is that now when I mess one up, I can just burn myself another copy, and the original stays preserved.
    And that's exactly what you should be doing! It took a few CDs damaged in the car CD player to convince those who drive my car (not mentioning any names!) to play ONLY copies in the player in the car. If I had a vault, I'd keep ALL of my original Vinyl and CDs safely guarded against accidental destruction <LOL>

MikeA

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
    And that's exactly what you should be doing! It took a few CDs damaged in the car CD player to convince those who drive my car (not mentioning any names!) to play ONLY copies in the player in the car. If I had a vault, I'd keep ALL of my original Vinyl and CDs safely guarded against accidental destruction <LOL>
    So - do I get time off for good behavior???

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Out on the Border

up until a few years ago i didn't know how to copy/backup vinyl. but i always made sure to take good care of it, i would check it for dust before i played it an clean it if it needed it, i would take extra care not to put fingerprints on it and to make sure it didn't scratch and i would never let my friends touch them. i am now still in the process of backing it all up cause it takes quite a bit of time, i have always only played copies of cd's and kept the originals in the cases, and i have recently started doing the same thing with dvd's since my Queen live at Wembley DVD got scratched, and it was right in the middle of the acoustic set too , my computer did manage to spit out a usable copy of it though but i still need to buy a new copy one of these days

right now i am working on copying Genesis Nursery Cryme