Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles Tribute Bands

Out on the Border

Default Eaglemania in Virginia this weekend

Awesome Eagles tribute in Leesburg, VA this Saturday March 29th at the Tally Ho Theater....

Who's going????

Out on the Border

Default Re: Eagles Tribute Bands

EAGLEMANIA today in Secaucus, NJ....

http://eaglemaniaband.wordpress.com/.../?event_id=951

Tribute band called 'Hotel California' is playing from 6-9 p.m. at Main Street Square tonight. Weataher is iffy. To go or not to go?
    You were just too busy being FABULOUS....

Victim of Love

I think it would be fun to go if you're not going to see the real deal anytime soon.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Me too. I've been too busy lately to check and see if any of the tribute bands are playing anywhere close to me this summer. I've need to check on this.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Out on the Border

Eaglemania at South Orange Performing Arts Center, Saturday, September 20, 8PM. South Orange, NJ. This tribute is not to be missed...

http://www.sopacnow.org/454/EagleMania

Stuck on the Border

Last year, I celebrated Glenn's birthday with him in Toronto - along with about 14,000 other people. This year the celebration was a couple of days late and in South Wales with just 200 people and Eagles tribute band, Talon. I'm gathering my thoughts.

They sounded great but there's something odd about sitting with a small crowd of grey-haired people listening to a group of musicians reproduce the music of my youth. There wasn't the buzz of knowing I was watching the real Glenn Frey, Don Henley and Bernie Leadon and they still have it. The best part was watching how it was all put together - being so close meant I could see fingers on the frets, who was singing harmony and so on and that's something I missed when sitting so far back in an arena. I was looking to see if anyone played a "B-bender" but instead they had someone on pedal steel.

The star of the show is their "Joe Walsh lookey-likey" who goes by the name of Tony Vegas. Great guitar playing and vocals that capture an essence of Joe. He also sang an impressive version of "Take it to the Limit" that was more Randy than Glenn.

Interesting setlist but with only one song from Desperado and none (or maybe one) from On the Border. Given my preference for early Eagles, that was a bit disappointing. Still, their LROOE was impressive.

Afterwards, my friends and I were trying to understand how they are able to make a living as a tribute band. A couple of years ago a local promoter had told my friend that Talon were one of the most expensive tribute bands that he'd booked - about £2,000 for a show. But they're a touring band with all the expenses that incurs. Instead of playing to 14,000 people with average ticket prices of close to £100, it's 200 people with tickets at £18.50. And they've been doing it for 17 years.

Border Troubadour

Coincidentally one of the Eagles tributes I follow on Facebook posted a picture of their B-bender today, however I can't recall if it was Talon or the Illegal Eagles. Both bands are equally impressive however. When I saw Talon up in Bilston last Christmas they only played Desperado and nowt from On the Border IIRC.

I went to see Take It To The Limit The Eagles tribute band last week while in Branson on vacation. It was a great show. Interesting this year. If you remember what I wrote last year about the guy who sings all of Don's song played guitar than going on drums. While this year, he played Gibson EDS-1275 guitar(double guitar) on HC and played guitar solos throughout the show. He was good. I was shocked. LOL

The setlist was the same from last year.

Stuck on the Border

Default An Eagles tribute!!

On the 13th of February there will be an Eagles tribute show here in Finland - in a city called Hämeenlinna. (http://www.verkatehdas.fi/tapahtumat/135) I don't know the group that will be playing, but the idea sounds fantastic, because first they will play the whole Desperado album (!!) and then the hits. It's great to be a Finn at the moment.