Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: If You Met One of the Eagles What Would You Ask/Say/Do?

Default Re: What would you do if you spotted an Eagle walking by?

Flojo-

Wow, what an incredible story! I'm glad Glenn was so lovely to you, and how incredible that he remembers faces from show to show. Amazing that he would take the time to do something like that.

Talk about a treasured memory for you. Thanks for sharing with us!

Where are you from in Scotland? I went on vacation to the Highlands a few years ago, and it was spectacular. Such a beautiful place.

Wow Flojo your are so lucky to one have seen so many shows in so many places around the world AND for an Eagle to acknowledge you and take a little time to give you some one on one time. That was very nice of him!! Pictures or no pictures you'll always have that.

Wow!!! Thank you Flojo for sharing this AWESOME experience

"Come on baby, don't say maybe ... I gotta know if your sweet love is gonna save me ..." (Take it easy)

Floyo, I am lost for words...
    What an amazing experience. Glenn is fabulous.

"I gotta get up, get out, get on that road and go one more mile "

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by NYC Fan View Post
    Flojo-

Wow, what an incredible story! I'm glad Glenn was so lovely to you, and how incredible that he remembers faces from show to show. Amazing that he would take the time to do something like that.

Talk about a treasured memory for you. Thanks for sharing with us!

Where are you from in Scotland? I went on vacation to the Highlands a few years ago, and it was spectacular. Such a beautiful place.
    Hi NYC Fan, I'm from Glasgow, I spend most of my time getting out of the place due to the constant rain
    I'm still on a high, it's funny what a profound effect something like that can have on you. Are you going to any of the shows later in the year?

Welcome, Flojo! How fantastic for you that Glenn invited you to meet him & spent some time with you! If that happened to me I don't think I would be able to utter a word!

Enjoy your time on The Border!

Border Troubadour

Quote Originally Posted by flojo View Post
    Hi NYC Fan, I'm from Glasgow, I spend most of my time getting out of the place due to the constant rain
    I can't remember if I've said, so if not, welcome! That's a shame, in all seriousness Glasgow is one of my favourite cities and I never pass the opportunity to go there. Bit rough around the edges and not as glamorous as Edinburgh, but a fine place with a fine history.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I told him 5 in Europe on that part of the tour, he said he hadn't seen us in Amsterdam or Antwerp but noticed us in Glasgow. We told him we'd been to other shows in the states (Mohegan Sun, St Louis, Vegas) and he had a laugh that we'd spent part of a vacation in St Louis - if you've ever been there you'll understand! He asked if we were going on Friday night in Dublin and we said sadly we had to go home to go back to work, then he asked about our work and how we managed to get so many vacations. He asked when my first Eagles concert was and I told him 2006 at Hampden in Glasgow.
    What an incredible story flojo! Just read this again and forgot this part! But, I've been to St. Louis many, many times and I guess I don't get what you mean here?

I love St. Louis!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    What an incredible story flojo! Just read this again and forgot this part! But, I've been to St. Louis many, many times and I guess I don't get what you mean here?

I love St. Louis!
    Hi Brooke,
    What I meant was it's hardly a popular holiday destination for Brits. When I think holiday I usually go for a beach or lots of snow!
    We did choose the wrong side of town to stay in, we stayed in the Hilton at the train station that's closed down. It was a bit creepy, like something from a movie The riverfront area was nice and we went shopping just out of town but I don't know that I could have lasted more than a few days there!
    I'm not a city person, I'm also probably the only person in the world that didn't like Vegas!

I'm still on a high, it's funny what a profound effect something like that can have on you. Are you going to any of the shows later in the year?
    We were really lucky with the weather when I visited. I think it only really rained one day. But rain all the time would get to me too. We flew into Inverness, but I'd like to see Glasgow and Edinburgh some day.

I'm hoping to get to both September MSG shows. I get back from a vacation the afternoon of the first one, but am going to try to get there! Like you, I'm trying to get to as many as I can, because I feel like this is so fleeting.

I'm sure you will be on a high for weeks after that experience! I can't even imagine. Congrats again.

And before I get too far off the topic, I guess Glenn is in NYC this week? I need to keep my eyes open in my travels . If I ever saw him on the street, I'd probably just wave and say hi in passing, unless he was with his family. Then I wouldn't bother him.