Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: If You Met One of the Eagles What Would You Ask/Say/Do?

Default Re: If You Met One of the Eagles What Would You Ask/Say/Do?

Hey! (If I'd known she was going to speak to the man I'd have had her back, looking as non-scary as possible.)
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default Re: If You Met One of the Eagles What Would You Ask/Say/Do?

Sorry guys--I didn't have time to think, I just went with it!! It was now or never! In hindsight, I wish I would of turned around and screamed, "GUYS, I'M GOING TO SPEAK TO HIM!". That wouldn't have scared him at all!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Default What would you do if you spotted an Eagle walking by?

This came up in another thread and it made me wonder...

Say you are hanging out near a venue or whatever, and you saw one of the Eagles getting some coffee... or you were staying at the same hotel and saw one of them walking though the lobby... what would you do?

I've been in this situation before with non-Eagles. I saw Stevie Nicks walking through the lobby in the Four Seasons in Atlanta and I was too frightened to approach her. I was afraid she would think I was lame and/or be annoyed, and I couldn't bear the thought of such rejection from my idol. Indeed, I didn't even want her to see me - I was that desperate to avoid risking her displeasure. Still, I longed to speak to her!

On the other hand, in Chicago at the Ritz, Lindsey Buckingham came down to the hotel bar where some of my friends and I were hanging out post-show. After we made eye contact and he recognized us from the audience, he came over and talked to us. We even got hugs. Oh my gosh, I about died.

I've never seen an Eagle just walking by in a hotel or restaurant, though, and I think if it were to happen, I would probably do like I did with Stevie and just stare longingly without approaching. The exception would be Glenn. If it were Glenn, I would wave and try to make eye contact, but not approach unless he saw me and gave some kind of a signal like nodding, so I knew he wasn't in a hurry or busy and it would be OK.

What would you do?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Default Re: What would you do if you spotted an Eagle walking by?

I would like to tell Joe the joy his music brings to me, and how fabulous he looks since he got married. He seems to be in such a great place now and I think he is very approachable. I would die for a cuddle !

xLx

I would like to think that I would be brave enough to approach them. It might make a difference depending on what they were doing. If they were just walking through or right in the middle of doing something, I would probably leave them alone. Maybe sneak a picture But if they were waiting around for something or just at a store or in a lobby, I might approach them.

And Soda, I know what you mean when you say you were too scared to talk to Stevie. My favorite vocalist ever is Trisha Yearwood. I saw her when I lived in Minneapolis. She played a smaller venue ( a theater ) and when we were leaving we noticed a bus in the alley behind the theater. My husband at the time said-let's go see if she's there. By the time she came out there were about 20 of us standing there. She was so gracious, and I got her autograph, but I could hardly speak to her. Her music has meant so much to me over the years that I almost got choked up just saying a few words to her. It was surreal!

Call a wildlife rehabilitator, of course.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

I would have no issue with going up to them to say hello. I'm sure I would be nervous at first, but they know if they go out in public these things are going to happen. I certainly would not bother them if they were eating or with their families.

I'm sure Stevie would have been receptive to you, Soda. If she didn't have a bunch of handlers or security around her she wasn't trying to hide from anyone. I hope you get the chance to meet her again.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I guess this may be a little different, but the first time I saw Glenn at Pebble Beach, I wasn't quite as tongue-tied as I thought I may be. Of course, he introduced himself first, so that may have been an icebreaker. So, like Soda, I wouldn't be as uncomfortable approaching him as I would the others. However, even at Pebble Beach, we would almost always let Glenn approach us first and I believe he appreciated that. I would like to think if I saw one of the other Eagles that I would have enough nerve to approach them and introduce myself as a huge fan. However, like others have said here, it would certainly depend on the circumstances. I would not want to irritate them by doing anything that they may perceive as an invasion of their privacy.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Border Troubadour

I probably wouldn't approach them per se, I'd take the less direct route of just saying 'Thanks for the music' if I passed them.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Yes, I agree about the invasion! For me, it would depend on which Eagle and what the circumstances were. I've heard from others that when on tour, some of them, anyway, have security following them around, so whatever I did, I'd be careful!

I think regardless of who or where, at a high level, I'd work to catch their eye without going overboard. If I did catch their eye, I'd gauge their receptiveness. If they looked annoyed at being recognized, or were bracing themselves in some way, I'd likely just smile and leave it at that. If they looked at all welcoming, then I'd approach them. At that point, all thought would leave my head and I'd be a blathering idiot.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.