Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Longbransch Pennywhistle

Out on the Border

Default Longbransch Pennywhistle

Hi fellow eagles fans

im a swedish fan who wonder if there are any here that has a good version oc the longbranch pennywhistle vinyl record or in digital format without any clocks and pops and crackles on it

and im also looking for collectors of the eagles concerts + solo concerts of the band members, to maybe do trades with, and i mean in digital format such as Flac (not cdr)

Default Re: Longbransch Pennywhistle

I wish I had a clean version of it, but I ripped my digital copy from a vinyl - hence, the snap, crackle, pop.

Sorry vinyl enthusiasts, but I long for a re-release of Longbranch Pennywhistle on a format that doesn't degrade so horribly.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I wish I had a clean version of it, but I ripped my digital copy from a vinyl - hence, the snap, crackle, pop.

Sorry vinyl enthusiasts, but I long for a re-release of Longbranch Pennywhistle on a format that doesn't degrade so horribly.
    What an odd thing to say. Vinyl doesn't degrade if you take care of it

You mean like not play it? Because even people who treat their records really well - store them at good temperatures, handle them carefully (and boy do you have to be careful; they're like freaking eggshells they get damaged so easily) - will find that after time passes, there will be at least a couple crackles. Show me a pristine record and I'll show you a record that never gets played... which kind of defeats the purpose.

You mean like not play it? Because even people who treat their records really well - store them at good temperatures, handle them carefully (and boy do you have to be careful; they're like freaking eggshells they get damaged so easily) - will find that after time passes, there will be at least a couple crackles. Show me a pristine record and I'll show you a record that never gets played... which kind of defeats the purpose.
    A couple crackles?

Sadly, I was looking at Longbranch Pennywhistle on Amazon a few days ago and all I saw was two copies on vinyl for $250 each!
    I just need a little downtime.........

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by cynd1231 View Post
    Sadly, I was looking at Longbranch Pennywhistle on Amazon a few days ago and all I saw was two copies on vinyl for $250 each!
    yes i saw that too and on some other sites as well at same silly prices

I got mine for $50, but it's not in pristine condition. However, I was eventually able to get it signed by both Glenn and JD, so to me it's priceless!

Agreed Soda, I have some pristine albums and they still crackle and pop, so....

Me too, several times in the past I've bought one brand new and on the first play right out of the wrapper the thing skips and you hear crackling, thank God we have better mediums than vinyl now.
    ~Sara