Page 209 of 301 FirstFirst ... 109159199205206207208209210211212213219259 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,090 of 3010

Thread: Eagles Mentions in the Press (2006 - 2017)

Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

I never cease to be amazed at the media's 'selective exclusion' of coverage for certain shows. This tour is unique because of the format and the sad truth is it may be the end of the touring road for this great band (I pray I ain't so) - two excellent reasons for the press to be all over the arenas for every single show.

Dolan has pull in NYC by virtue of his wealth and status so he probably paid for his publicity. And we all know the Eagles are above that sort of thing. Thro in 9/11, Fashion Week and The Great White Way and our guys didn't rank too high on the list apparently. And yet Cher's illness/cancellations/reschedules and Stevie Wonder's upcoming concert dates have been all over the A&E section of various NYC papers. IMO it's shameful that a band of the fame of the Eagles didn't warrant so much as a single picture or honorable mention! (Omaha was the same way. The publicized in advance but I have yet to see a single word about the actual event!)
    I just need a little downtime.........

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Do you think members of the NYC media are attempting to continue the "feud" between the Eagles and NYC from the '70s? Whether the writer/publication was around during that time or not? You guys would know if prior tours got a reasonable amount of press...maybe the Eagles are overexposed due to their prior shows on this tour and the upcoming show. And, it can't help that they're aligned with James Dolan!

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Everyone should keep in mind that the Eagles played NYC three times last November and the newspapers were all over it. It's the same show.

Conversely, while JD opens for the Eagles often, he didn't when they played 'his' arena, MSG. Also, folks in NYC love to hate JD because the Knicks suck and the Rangers went to the finals last year and then got blown out by the Kings. So of course the press would take the golden opportunity handed to them by reviewing JD's show and finding it less than stellar. If that's the press's mindset, it's just as well they didn't review our guys.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Excellent point, VA. I'd rather have nothing than have than have them write a mediocre or bad review.

Save travels and have fun at Thursday's show.
    I just need a little downtime.........

Stuck on the Border

It's a quiet day, so here's an interview with the long-time bartender at Dan Tanas - he's the one seen in the documentary.
    http://www.lamag.com/liquidlablog/be...vac-dan-tanas/
    The Eagles part:
    Speaking of the Eagles, did they write their song “Lying Eyes” here at the restaurant?
    Yes, Glenn Frey and Don Henley would sit at Table 4. One night they witnessed a young woman hitting on a much older man. So they immediately grabbed a cocktail napkin and jotted down the lyrics, “Look at her, she can’t even hide those “Lyin’ Eyes,” which became one of their signature songs. She obviously had another agenda while warming up to him. And they wrote that song here that night.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Love those stories! Thanks UtW!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Next time I go to Dan Tana's (whenever that may be), I'm asking to sit at Table 4!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks for posting that interview, UTW - I also love reading this kind of stuff. And Soda, it's definitely Table 4 on my next visit to Dan Tana's as well.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

Here's an interview with Bill Symszyck. I'm guessing from around 2008/2009 but it could be later.
    http://www.classicrockrevisited.com/...iew.php?id=916

Amongst the Eagles stuff, he says:
    - at first he didn't want "to do some country band."
    - he originally was against the idea of Joe Walsh joining the Eagles.
    - Bernie left of his own volition.
    - Felder's book - "was pretty true, concerning the stories and the animosities – he did not exaggerate all that much."
    -
    "Face Dances was the roughest album I have ever made. It was worse than The Long Run."

He also talks in more detail about how they wrote the songs on the later albums.

I'll let him off the comment about Randy pouring a beer over Glenn because he says he wasn't there and heard about it later.

It's also nice to read my old crush, Jay Ferguson, is a wonderful dude (even if he gets called Joe in that sentence).
    Last edited by UndertheWire; 09-29-2014 at 06:27 AM.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Very interesting read, UTW. If it's been posted before here, I don't remember it. And yep - he definitely got confused about the beer story.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016