Page 187 of 194 FirstFirst ... 87137177183184185186187188189190191 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,870 of 1935

Thread: Dreaming of the Eagles

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Default Re: Dreaming of the Eagles

Soda - that last part is somewhat deja vu. I hope I get an EAGLES dream after the Linden trip. Mine are always months apart!

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

I had the most bizarre dream last night! I've forgotten parts of it, of course, but here's what I remember...

The dream took place in the late 60's or early 70's, but I wasn't in fifth grade, I had already graduated (I assume) from high school. Glenn was in the dream, but he wasn't part of the Eagles, nor was he a successful musician.

I'm not sure where I was, but I lived in a rather run-down part of some city. A somewhat safe neighborhood, but the kind of place where the quarters are cramped and the rent is cheap. I had a small apartment in a weird kind of duplex. Two rooms plus the bathroom, it was a bedroom and a living area/kitchen area, except the 'kitchen' was only a refrigerator and a small table and chairs. There were two units in the duplex, of course, and they shared a common front door. There was a hallway inside that went left and right. My unit was on the left. The unit on the right was rented by a couple with two young boys. The couple had their bed in the living room with a couch and a couple chairs. The boys had two cots against walls in the bedroom, so they had no place for their toys except on their beds. They didn't sleep well at night because when they rolled over, their toys would make noise and wake them up.

At some point, I met Glenn, and if I dreamt that part, I don't remember it. He looked a little older than he would have been in 1970, more like he looked in 1974 or 1975. He had a moustache and long hair, and he could never be anything but hot. Even though he wasn't a successful musician, he still had a way with women, and he intended to stay footloose and fancy free in order to enjoy that success with as many women as possible. However, he needed a place to stay.

We were friends, and apparently we'd slept together, although I didn't dream that part, more's the pity. We'd been together often enough that he'd stayed at my tiny apartment several times. In my dream, I 'remembered' the past where we'd stopped seeing each other, but I'd gone to see him play at a club (a dive) and afterwards, he asked if he could crash at my place. I said it was fine.

So, we seemed to share a tiny apartment and share a large bed, but we never had sex. In my dream I wasn't all that happy about that, but many times I'd be in bed, asleep, and would wake up when he came in, and it was always obvious to me that he'd been with other women. So I accepted that we were roommates and that was it, because I wasn't about to share him.

He didn't pay me rent, but he helped out with things. Due to the lack of kitchen facilities, we had to eat out a lot, and he often paid for my food, or found a way to get it for free. There was a bar/restaurant nearby that we ate at nearly all the time, and to get to it, it was a long walk around a hill. A shortcut was to walk up the very steep grade of about 20 ft, and it wasn't something I could or would do on my own, but every evening, he managed to help me up and down that hill so we wouldn't have to walk the long way around.

He was also very protective of me. If I wanted to go home, he'd take a break from whatever gig he had, or whatever conversation he was in, and walk me home, even on the nights we weren't at the restaurant on the the steep grade. It was more like he wanted to make sure I got home OK. He'd walk me in, and then usually leave again and not return until much later.

Rather than work very hard at his own career, he seemed to spend a lot of time helping other musicians. He was waiting for his one big break, but he seemed to assume it would come to him rather than him go find it. So, that was very un-Glenn-like. I never dreamed about my job, but I had one, and it was steady, and in his mind, it made me a target for those who might want to rob me or sweet talk me into giving them any money I might have.

At some point, Glenn disappeared. He'd not come to the apartment in what seemed like a long time. He'd left a few things, but not important things, and I wondered if he even remembered them. I met another guy and went out with him a few times. He had a bit of a aura like a salesman, and he talked a good line. I remember always questioning his motives with everything he said. After waking up and thinking about it, he looked like Billy Idol (he played on the Winter Classic yesterday, so perhaps that's why he was on my mind).

My relationship with this guy was evolving and it was time, in his mind, to sleep together. I didn't know if that was the right thing to do, but he could talk a good line. One night we were out at a restaurant, and he mentioned going back to my place with me. I didn't say yes and I didn't say no, I was tempted, but still felt like once I let that happen I'd lose control of something important, I'm not sure what. I had to meet a friend for a few minutes and I told him I'd be right back. I went and met her, gave her $5, I have no idea why. On my way back to the restaurant, I saw Glenn. He smiled at me, gave me a friendly hug, and wanted mentioned he was 'bringing the band' back to the apartment and was buying a bunch of pizzas if I wanted any.

I remember being so relieved that he was back. To me it was a sign that I wasn't to move forward with this guy. I went back to the restaurant and decided that I wasn't going to tell him, I was just going to disappear and go home. I didn't trust this guy to not force the issue.

I went back to the apartment, and I could hear Glenn and the others. I wasn't hungry, so I didn't hurry, and the neighbor kids came out and were so disappointed I wasn't one of their parents. I got the impression their parents were often taking drugs or trying to score drugs, and it seemed these kids hadn't been fed in a while. I was thinking of leaving again and going and getting them some food, but I didn't want to go by myself. Glenn came out and at first, I thought he was going to offer them pizza, but instead, he went out to a nearby market and got them something healthier (I think it was soup).

Glenn returned and it was like he'd never left. He never said where he'd gone, but he had cash for a change, and he talked like his worries about money were over. I wondered if our relationship would change, but I smelled perfume on him, and it wasn't mine. So, I woke up.

It was a very bizarre dream, and when I woke up, all I could really think about at first was those poor neighbor kids.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Very interesting dream VA and a lot going on there! Amazing how Glenn just manages to keep you hanging on for him the whole duration!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

I dreamed about a softball game and John Madden last night, so as weird as this dream was, it was preferable to last night's! Though in last night's dream, it was a much younger John Madden. I have to wonder why I'm dreaming about people as they were in the past?
    VK

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Its not much but one night last week I was dreaming that Joe was playing a concert in Dublin and I also dreamed another night that I was at a joint Glenn Don concert. I don't know where it was, just that I was at it and they were taking turns singing. I was happy!

I don't tend to have detailed leads up to dreams, Maybe I am shallow!!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Very interesting Glenn dream, VA. You could spend lots of time analyzing that one!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I so seldom remember my dreams and when I do, they're stupid things, like work related. This one was definitely odd... The detail around the neighbor kids with their toys on their beds is very weird.
    VK

Border Desperado SoaringRockyMountainWay's Avatar

Last night I dreamed that I was walking down a side walk with my dad and he waved to someone. I realized the person he waved to was Eric Clapton. My dad said I could go talk to him so I ran up to him and said, "Mr. Clapton, I'm your friend's daughter. I need to ask you something." He laughed and said, "I know you want to meet Joe Walsh. I'll show you where he is. Follow me." I followed Eric Clapton until I saw Joe. I had a panic attack inside and I was thinking Oh my gosh I'm going to meet Joe Walsh!!!! Joe saw that I was freaking out so he walked over to me and gave me a hug. Then I woke up.

I wish the dream didn't end there. I didn't even get to talk to Joe. That would happen to me in real life if I ever met one of the Eagles, I would get so excited that I wouldn't be able to talk. Just the thought of ever meeting them is making me excited right now.
    People talking about us they got nothing else to do. When it all comes down we will still come through in the long run.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Love that SRMW - particularly the part where Eric knew you wanted to meet Joe. And shoot - you think, at least you'd get a break in your dreams and could have struck up a cool conversation Joe that lasted late into the evening.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

VA, what an interesting dream! Might be worth looking up some dream interp sites for that.

SRMW - sounds like you woke up too soon!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten