Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Livin' Right

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Default Re: Livin' Right

Quote Originally Posted by Troubadour View Post
    We can be virtual buddies! I'll still update here with my progress anyway, more to keep me on track and accountable than anything else.
    I'm in!! I walk or ride a bike everyday but can always use a challenge to keep me motivated -- and someone to bit#h to if I get shin splints!!

I'll start tomorrow. Really. I swear.

Good Luck!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

I tried the C25K plan last year and failed. I had the worst shin splits I could hardly walk! Then earlier this year I started running on the treadmill and it helped so much. (a lot less impact than running on concrete!)

I have't run in about 3 wks and I need to get back into it! Thanks for the reminder, I may have to start the program again, but on the threadmill instead.

Good luck, I hope you have much success with the program. I know many who have thrived on it!

Thanks, guys. Koala, love the running emoticon!

I've just completed my first official workout. It was actually a little harder than my "test run" on Friday - my legs felt stiffer and like they weighed an extra 10lbs each - but I pushed through it. I think it was down to a few factors, namely a lack of sleep (as I did a night shift last night) and the heat. It's really, really warm here today.

Still, I did it, and my last jogging interval was actually the best - I felt really strong and my legs seemed to move a lot easier than they had done for the previous 20 minutes! I guess that's the key. Pushing through and being diligent with it. It will be a good exercise for me, not just physically, but also in terms of perseverance and organisation. I am determined to follow this plan EXACTLY - no excuses!

HH - thrilled to hear you're on board, too! As I said, I'm doing it Monday, Wednesday and Friday, but as long as you do it on non-consecutive days, three times a week, you can do it anytime! I'll update this thread after each workout to give a little account of how it went and how I'm feeling... I know the support will help a lot. I'll be looking out for your updates, too. Good luck!

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Good luck, guys!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I wish you all much success in your C2K. I know someone who is getting great results on her quest. Keep us posted on how you are doing.
    I possess the silver bullets to slay the demons from my past. How do I know? Because I survived them-and I am already stronger than I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Troubadour View Post
    Thanks, guys. Koala, love the running emoticon!

I've just completed my first official workout. It was actually a little harder than my "test run" on Friday - my legs felt stiffer and like they weighed an extra 10lbs each - but I pushed through it. I think it was down to a few factors, namely a lack of sleep (as I did a night shift last night) and the heat. It's really, really warm here today.

Still, I did it, and my last jogging interval was actually the best - I felt really strong and my legs seemed to move a lot easier than they had done for the previous 20 minutes! I guess that's the key. Pushing through and being diligent with it. It will be a good exercise for me, not just physically, but also in terms of perseverance and organisation. I am determined to follow this plan EXACTLY - no excuses!

HH - thrilled to hear you're on board, too! As I said, I'm doing it Monday, Wednesday and Friday, but as long as you do it on non-consecutive days, three times a week, you can do it anytime! I'll update this thread after each workout to give a little account of how it went and how I'm feeling... I know the support will help a lot. I'll be looking out for your updates, too. Good luck!
    I'm starting tomorrow morning. I try & get my workout done before work -- so usually around 7 AM -- so if I'm still alive at 9 AM I'll check in. I'll give updates on how I'm doing as well but I'll be on opposite days -- which is fine. Remember -- Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate -- especially since its so warm there today. Drink lots of water -- even if you don't feel thirsty.

Here are some of my fav exercise songs -- they really keep me moving.
    Jackson Browne -- Running on Empty
    Bryan Adams -- gonna run to you
    Eagles -- How Long, LIFTFL, Out of control, Already Gone, James Dean, Get Over it.
    Bob Seger -- Her Strut, Katmandu, Rock & Roll Never Forgets.
    Glenn Frey -- Love in 21st Century, Smugglers Blues, Heat is on
    Eric Clapton -- After Midnight, Forever man, Bad Love

Good luck to you too!!!

Anybody else jumping in??

Great list of running songs, HH! Led Zeppelin II always gets me going.

I drink a lot of water every day, so thankfully it's not such a big struggle for me to make myself drink more. I can't understand how some people barely drink water - I feel awful if I don't!

Looking forward to hearing how Workout One goes... And yes, if anyone else is interested, please join us! Or if anyone, like ltl, has experience of the Couch to 5K plan (or running in general) and wants to offer hints, tips and moral support, it would be much appreciated.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

I made it!! About halfway through I was thinking . . . . How could 60 seconds seem so short and 90 seconds seem SOOOO Long?

I did well, though. No side stiches, no shortness of breath. My legs did feel tired and heavy around 17 minutes in but I knew I was in the home stretch so I pushed through. Music made ALL the difference.

I wasn't going for speed, just time -- so that probably helped.
    I felt like I could have done more, but didn't want to screw up the formula, so I stuck to the Couch to 5K Plan.

Day one. Done.