Thread: Father's Day 2015

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Father's Day 2015

To all of my fellow Borderers who are celebrating ...

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY

I hope all of you have had a wonderful day and also a special wish for all of our Eagles.

And if you are fortunate enough to still have your dad here, don't forget to let him know how much you appreciate him. For those of us who have lost our fathers, this day is always bittersweet, but I try to focus on remembering all of the wonderful times when my dad was here. So I want to say Happy Fatherr's Day to my Pop. I love you and miss you every day,

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Default Re: Father's Day 2015

I lost my dad at a very young age (11). I try to spend today remembering the good memories I do have, but it's very hard. I hate feeling like such a downer on what is supposed to be a day celebration or remembrance. I've gotten through other Father's day, and I'm almost through with this year's. I listened to Stairway to Heaven for him earlier (his favorite song). I'll listen to some others he loved in a bit.

In my dad's favorite color:
    Happy Father's day, Dad, I miss you. Life's been super hard since I lost you over 8 years ago, but I know that you're still with me even if I can't physical see or feel you.

Happy Father's day to every father out there.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Default Re: Father's Day 2015

Thats a lovely tribute to your Father AG! I know he appreciates it and loves you for it. You and dreamer hold on to the memories that you have with your Dads and cherish them

We normally go out with Dad for Fathers Day and also Mum and Dad have their birthdays in June and July. But this year with Mum in hospital we have postponed everything until later in the summer when everyone is feeling a bit fitter! But obviously we still made a fuss of Dad and gave him cards and gifts from us and the grandchildren.

I hope everybody here managed to celebrate with their dads or remember the good times happily this year. I always remember my dear godfather Christy at this time of the year too, who passed away in 1985
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP