Page 114 of 136 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1351

Thread: Sporting Sensations

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Default Re: Sporting Sensations

Yeah, there's definitely no good "baseball" reason for doing the hacking.

I reckon that the FBI is afraid that if they don't take this case seriously, that other teams might try it. Can you imagine if my Braves (god forbid) were able to access the Nationals' database or the Mets'?
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    The little hill/incline in center field of Minute Maid Park was trouble! (Probably still is).
    They are going to remove the hill after this season is over and update the ballpark AG. I'm sure the players are NOT going to miss it!

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Baby View Post
    They are going to remove the hill after this season is over and update the ballpark AG. I'm sure the players are NOT going to miss it!

Lol, HB, true. I always thought of it as like a different kind of "Green Monster".
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Congrats to USA women's soccer team for the big win!

Sad to say, this weekend, Thu through Sun, Brooke and I are 'frenemies' (friendly enemies). Her Cards are coming to the Burgh, and it will be knock-down, drag out fight! In the National League, my Buccos have the second best record. Sounds pretty good, right? Except we're still 6 games behind her Cards in the Central Division, who've been walking on water all season so far.

I will say, for the All Star game coming up next week, of the 13 pitchers selected for the National League, 8 are from the Central Division, and 6 of them play for the Cards or Pirates (3 each). No wonder we have the two best teams in the league...

Lastly, I just saw the worst call I've ever seen. We're playing the Padres and AJ picked off a runner, then struck out the batter on the next pitch. It was fantastic, except the ump said the batter foul-tipped the ball. He missed it by a foot, and that's no exaggeration.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

VA, it should be interesting this weekend! I just wish my Holliday would come back soon. We need a power hitter! I hope he at least gets to be in the All Star game and I can't believe my Molina didn't make the starting catcher position. He is such a hard worker.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I have a horrible feeling there might be a lot of rain in the forecast, so it'll take 6 hours to get one game in. I hope I'm wrong. Last time we played, all three games went to extra innings. If that happens again and add in rain delays, there could be 24 hour baseball!!

I saw an article today that said HB's Astro's were claiming they were second best in baseball. I laugh at that.
    VK

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Well, after two losses to the Cubs yesterday, I'm in terrible pain! Ugh! We are struggling with all of our injured players out.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post

Lastly, I just saw the worst call I've ever seen. We're playing the Padres and AJ picked off a runner, then struck out the batter on the next pitch. It was fantastic, except the ump said the batter foul-tipped the ball. He missed it by a foot, and that's no exaggeration.
    This just happened AGAIN! I'm so angry I can't keep still. This is so ridiculous. It even happened to the same pitcher, AJ Burnett. Of course, when our catcher and manager point out the obvious, what's evident on any replay, including the ones on the jumbotron at the stadium, they get ejected.
    VK

Border Desperado

It's frustrating that there is no "review" of calls in Major League Baseball especially when the replays and jumbotron clearly showed him swinging through!!

Yes, I don't get why someone getting hit by a pitch is reviewable, but this isn't. I mean, if the camera doesn't catch it, then it can just be inconclusive. These were so far away from the bat there's no doubt.
    VK