Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Classic West Los Angeles - July 15-16 & Classic East New York - July 29-30, 2017

Border Desperado longtimeeaglesfan's Avatar

Default Re: Classic West Los Angeles - July 15-16 & Classic East New York - July 29-30, 2017

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    Sirius Radio channel 26 Classic Vinyl will broadcast special programming starting this Wednesday, April 5 dedicated to these shows.

"Six legendary bands, two historic weekends. Hear music from bands playing The Classic East and The Classic West with special insight into their careers hosted by SiriusXM's Dusty Street" and other DJs. - It is 24-hour a day programming.

http://www.siriusxm.com/classicvinyl
    I listen to that channel all the time...along with "70s on 70" and "The Bridge."

Decided I would regret not getting tickets to this if I was going to be listening to them continuously....so tickets bought....LA July 15 &16!

Default Re: Classic West Los Angeles - July 15-16 & Classic East New York - July 29-30, 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    I believe Joe, Don and Tim had a discussion and decided on presenting themselves as "Eagles, Friends And Family". After managing the band for 40 years, I reckon Irving could have shot that down in under 30 seconds flat.

I just hope that they walk out on stage with an act that's worthy of topping that impressive bill and I do think they're a lead vocalist light with just the three of them.

You know Delilah I added "I expect" just before pressing 'submit reply' just in case somebody came up with this sort of suggestion

Pleased and relieved that Felder doesn't appear to be on the guest list. I expect that goes for all the acts on the bill.
    ?? Did something happen between Don and the Doobies when they toured together? Why would Steely Dan have anything against him?

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

It's good to hear that Randy is doing well, but when is the last time he performed in public - playing bass or singing?
    Randy's last public performance was in 2008. IF he really is well enough to play in front of a large audience, I imagine he can get up to speed over the next couple of months on a couple of songs. He did play bass for more than 45 years with a break in the late 70s/early 80s. But I don't know that he would actually play bass or something else.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

It's good to hear that Randy is doing well, but when is the last time he performed in public - playing bass or singing?
    2008. I know, I know... I dream too much.

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    It's okay to "dream too much" NMB!

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    NMB, I am with you, I am going to continue to dream and hope that he could make some time of appearance. Even if it is to just sit on stage.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    ?? Did something happen between Don and the Doobies when they toured together? Why would Steely Dan have anything against him?
    The whole show is Irving's baby isn't it?

It maybe a little embarrassing for the main act if Felder turns up among on the under card.

It'd be great to see Meisner on stage, even if he's just strumming along and miming. He could do the birdie tweets if they do Earlybird. I bet he's still got that tweeter

He'd be an odd presence if he just sat on the stage.

Pre-sale yesterday had lots of good seats and the cheapest seat on the field is a wee-bit over $1,000. Seat right in front of TimmieB was almost $2,800.

I can get stage access at a Leap solo show for $60. I'm waiting to see if they do this or that, later on down the road as we get closer to July. In any event, I started entering local contests. Don't expect to win but you gotta try.

Good Luck on Friday.

Stay Tuned!
    CarolC

Border Desperado longtimeeaglesfan's Avatar

Usually with the pre-sales I try to be quick on the draw to get the best seats I can but with this one I really just wanted to get the $150 seats since we've got front row for Timothy in Cincinnati, decent seats for Joe and Tom Petty in Memphis and then the Runaway Tour package with Don in Dallas. (The concert budget is taking a hit this year!!!)

I had the clock synchronized on my computer/ had checked out the Classic East presale which was available 3 hours before to gauge how quickly the seats would sell and was all set to buy. I have a detailed mapping of seats at Dodger Stadium to see where the "best" of the top deck seats would be located.

When 12:00 hit here and went on sale I immediately selected the $150 range and got the seats I wanted. Went to check out and it said there was a problem with my card! Tried again- same thing; tried a third time and Ticketmaster shut me out! It turns out that Amex flagged my attempted purchase as a possible fraudulent use of my card and sent me a text and email to verify that it was indeed me making the purchase. Of course by the time I got it cleared, the $150 seats were gone.

I ended up getting $250 seats in the front row of the top reserved seating section a little to the right of center.

I contacted Amex customer service and explained what happened and after going up a couple of levels to get a manager on the phone, they agreed to credit my account with the difference in ticket price.

Frustrating experience but turned out to be good in the end. We reserved hotel in the Chinatown area of LA back when the concert was announced so we would be close to the stadium.

Usually before concerts I check out the setlists, etc. so pretty much know what to expect...with this one it will be more of a surprise..who, if anyone, will join them on stage, what songs they will do or possibly not do and how they will generally handle Glenn's absence.

That ticket hassle is a bummer, longtimeeaglesfan, but at least you got tix (and the credit).

Quote Originally Posted by longtimeeaglesfan View Post
    Usually before concerts I check out the setlists, etc. so pretty much know what to expect...with this one it will be more of a surprise..who, if anyone, will join them on stage, what songs they will do or possibly not do and how they will generally handle Glenn's absence.
    If I'm not mistaken, Glenn was primarily responsible for making the set list. I guess Henley will be doing it now. It'll be interesting to see if it stays the same or not and could reflect the difference between Don and Glenn in their approach to song arrangement/order. Maybe a few deep tracks added or more solo stuff? Throwing in a surprise like "Waiting in the Weeds" would be awesome.