Thread: RIP Dave Schwartz

Default RIP Dave Schwartz

I don't know how many people watched the Weather Channel, but veteran meteorologist Dave Schwartz died today from cancer. This was his third time battling cancer. He had pancreatic cancer 10 years ago. It went into remission than came back months later. Then he was in remission for 10 years before it came back last year when he was diagnosed with stomach cancer.

He was one of my favorite meteorologist. His prime was in the 90s when The Weather Channel was The Weather Channel. He made weather fun. He could be serious and funny at the same time. He was one of my weather heroes growing up and I pursue my degree in meteorologist because of him.

I've never met him, but I met a lot of meteorologists from the Weather Channel at weather conferences.

RIP Dave Schwartz.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 07-30-2016 at 11:19 PM.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Default Re: RIP Dave Schwartz

RIP Dave Schwartz. That's so sad. I do remember him as we always used to watch the Weather Channel whenever we were getting any bad weather coming back in the 90s before my local news stations got better coverage in the 2000s. He was one of the many I remembered from back then on the channel as I was always fascinated with weather too as well as other sciences like astronomy, regular and marine biology, and geology.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

On my leatherette looking through pictures...

Default Re: RIP Dave Schwartz

Used to watch the Weather Channel with great frequency many years ago. Vaguely remember him from TWC, but remember him a lot better from his weather gig on the Atlanta, GA, CBS News affiliate.

Quite sad. May he Rest in Peace.
    Last edited by WS82Classics; 07-30-2016 at 09:25 PM.
    All carrot, no stick.

"He's just another power junkie, just another silk scarf monkey. You'd know it if you saw his stuff. The man just isn't big enough."--Glenn Frey/Don Henley

"You think you know me, but you haven't got a clue."--John Lennon/Paul McCartney