• Governor Gary Johnson/ Governor William Weld

0 0%
  • Dr. Jill Stein/Unknown VP canidate

0 0%
Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: US Election 2016 Poll and Disscusion

Default Re: US Election 2016 Poll and Disscusion

Just going to post this here. Warning it is very long

Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton are in a bar. Donald leans over, and With A smile on his face, says, "The media is really tearing you apart for That Scandal."
    Hillary: "You mean my lying about Benghazi?"
    Trump: "No, the other one."
    Hillary: "You mean the massive voter fraud?"
    Hillary: "You mean the military not getting their votes counted?"
    Hillary: "Using my secret private server with classified material to Hide my Activities?"
    Hillary: "The NSA monitoring our phone calls, emails and everything Else?"
    Hillary: "Using the Clinton Foundation as a cover for tax evasion, Hiring Cronies, And taking bribes from foreign countries?
    Hillary: "You mean the drones being operated in our own country without The Benefit of the law?"
    Hillary: "Giving 123 Technologies $300 Million, and right afterward it Declared Bankruptcy and was sold to the Chinese?"
    Hillary: "You mean arming the Muslim Brotherhood and hiring them in the White House?"
    Hillary: "Whitewater, Watergate committee, Vince Foster, commodity Deals?"
    Trump: "No the other one:"
    Hillary: "The funding of neoNazis in the Ukraine that led to the toppling of the democratically elected president and to the biggest crisis that country has had since WWII ?"
    Hillary: "Turning Libya into chaos?"
    Hillary: "Being the mastermind of the so-called “Arab Spring” that only brought chaos, death and destruction to the Middle East and North Africa ?
    Hillary: "Leaving four Americans to die in Benghazi and go to sleep?
    Hillary: "Trashing Mubarak, one of our few Muslim friends?"
    Hillary: "Encouraging and supporting the murders of Palestinians and the destruction of their homes, towns and villages by Israel ?"
    Hillary: "The funding and arming of terrorists in Syria, the destruction and destabilization of that nation, giving the order to our lapdogs in Turkey and Saudi Arabia to give sarin gas to the "moderate" terrorists in Syria that they eventually used on civilians, and framed Assad, and had it not been for the Russians and Putin, we would have used that as a pretext to invade Syria, put a puppet in power, steal their natural resources, and leave that country in total chaos, just like we did with Libya?
    Hillary: "The creation of the biggest refugees crisis since WWII
    Hillary: "Leaving Iraq in chaos? "
    Hillary: "The DOJ spying on the press?"
    Hillary: "You mean HHS Secretary Sibelius shaking down health insurance Executives?"
    Hillary: "Giving our cronies in SOLYNDRA $500 MILLION DOLLARS and 3 Months Later they declared bankruptcy and then the Chinese bought it?"
    Hillary: "The NSA monitoring citizens' ?"
    Hillary: "The State Department interfering with an Inspector General Investigation on departmental sexual misconduct?"
    Hillary: "Me, The IRS, Clapper and Holder all lying to Congress?"
    Hillary: "Threats to all of Bill's former mistresses to keep them quiet"
    Hillary: "I give up! ... Oh wait, I think I've got it! When I stole the White House furniture, silverware, when Bill left Office?"
    Trump: "THAT'S IT! I almost forgot about that one".

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    To me, travlnman2 - this goes beyond "hurting your feelings". Not only is he rude and very un-presidential, he really is scary with some of his viewpoints and IMO, is unstable. I fear a lot more for America's future with him at the helm, than her. Again, she's not perfect but she has the experience and when it comes right down to it, I feel more comfortable with her having the nuclear codes than him. He truly is not only appalling, but he also really shows more and more every day why I think he's unfit to run this country (USA).

Obviously, we are polar opposites on this, which is fine. That's why we all can vote the way we want and support who we want. It's a beautiful thing.
    So you are okay witth someone who can't even handle classified information and caused the death of FOUR Americans got ya. But at leat we are able to have elections

Quote Originally Posted by travlnman2 View Post
    So you are okay witth someone who can't even handle classified information and caused the death of FOUR Americans got ya. But at leat we are able to have elections
    Ok, I'm going to bow out now but I'm going to say something:

We can disagree on this but please don't make it sound like I'm ok with what happened in Benghazi or with people dying. I obviously am not.

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Ok, I'm going to bow out now but I'm going to say something:

We can disagree on this but please don't make it sound like I'm ok with what happened in Benghazi or with people dying. I obviously am not.
    My apologies. I sounded way to harsh and condescending I will try to find a more healthy way of making opinons. At leadt one thing we can all agree on is that we are Eagles fans and that is our main purpose here. Cheers mate

I think it'd be much more productive to discuss their policies/whatever the heck they want to do to this country rather than their characters. Both of them are despicable, IMO. One's a loud-mouth jerk and the other is a shifty liar who has changed her stances a lot over the years. Trump has shifted a lot too. He's no true Republican Conservative at all.

Trump in summary: build the wall, monitor Muslims more closely/establish a registration, being a little more liberal on social issues, tackle ISIS by putting boots on the ground or something like that, the tax plan that I haven't read into yet. ignore the benefits of free trade by evoking "China, China, CHINA!" and bringing jobs back to America. There may be a few other things that I missed. EDIT: Free trade is what makes things affordable here. If manufacturing in another country is more cost efficient, then that's a step forward, not backward. Yeah sure, American jobs are lost, but who likes to pay more for stuff? I'm just saying, New Balance is one of the few shoe makers who manufactures in the US, but I think Nike has a bigger market share. Nike does its stuff overseas, so its stuff would be cheaper but tariffs are evoked. I don't think it's as bad to evoke tariffs to make US manufacturing competitive with foreigners, but it depends case by case. Economics is a tricky duck and there's always an "on one hand... but on the other hand..." Trump is just appealing to American factory workers, and if we constantly try to save them, then we're taking a step backward. It's regressive, instead of going forward.

Hillary in summary: free, free, free stuff for everyone! Ranging from: college education, paid leave for parents, expanding Social Security, and etc. But what she doesn't tell you is that this expands gov't and increases the Nat'l Debt. She then mentions equal pay for equal work, ignoring whether or not the same amount of output is achieved. Being for climate change laws that help stop it without being clear if pollution permits would be the way to go. Economically, using permits is more efficient b/c the firms get to distribute the permits efficiently based on how expensive it is to reduce pollution. Taxation and strong-arm tactics backfire/they come at a steep cost. Tax and strong arm the rich to redistribute the wealth.

Yeah, I know that I'm being unfair to both candidates by putting a spin on what I think, especially for Hillary. I added things to Hillary b/c she doesn't tell you the negative effects of what she wants. What the Democratic Party tends to push sounds great, but in the long run, it expands the power of the Federal Gov't, the Executive Branch, and increases the Nat'l Debt. Who cares about the debt if we're all going to be dead before we see it go down? It ain't my problem!

Heck, I'm not too hot on Trump either b/c he's just a motor mouth of seemingly conservative policies. His stance on immigration and nat'l security is conservative, but the execution is terrible. He's full of hot air and fluff without any real solutions. I could say the same for Hillary on some things.

Gosh, why didn't Ted Cruz win? He would have wiped the floor with Hillary and I would've loved it. Donald is probably going to look like a total buffoon in comparison during the debates, but the Trumpers are going to eat it up. I'll give him the benefit of a doubt though b/c I just vehemently disagree with Clinton but I dislike Trump heavily as the GOP nomination.

Plus, if you want to hear a conservative voice that criticizes both Trump and Hillary, I recommend Ben Shapiro's Twitter and Podcast. I'm just putting it out there, so I don't care if you look at it or not.
    Last edited by RudieCantFail; 07-31-2016 at 12:35 AM.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

For me personally, I feel l have to exercise my right to vote for love of country. Whether I like it or not, the fact is that either Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump is going to be the next President of the United States, so those are my choices. I’m simply choosing the candidate who I believe has the more positive vision and plan for our country and who is better prepared to run and represent America both at home and abroad for the next 4 years.

Since I’ve already discussed my feelings about Donald Trump, I’ll now share some of my thoughts about Hillary Clinton. It seems from reading this thread that two of the major concerns about her are Benghazi and her email server, so that is what I am going to focus on.

With regard to the Benghazi tragedy, there have been investigations by ten (10) different Congressional Committees over a period of about 3½ years costing the American taxpayers hundreds of millions of dollars. And they all resulted in the conclusion that there was no wrong-doing on the part of Hillary Clinton. So, the fact that she wasn’t found culpable wasn’t for lack of trying, that’s for sure. Am I the only one that thinks this is extreme – I absolutely believe that this horrible incident should have been investigated, but I do not believe it really takes this kind of excessive inquiry to get to the truth. Just for a comparison, there was one (1) Congressional Committee investigation on the Iran Contra affair, which lasted about 4 months.

As far as the issue of Hillary’s emails, it is a definite concern that this happened. Unfortunately, she did what many others before her did, including Colin Powell. In spite of that, it was still a careless error on her part for sure, but it was based mainly on ignorance of technology rather than malice. It makes absolutely no sense that she would have operated this way intentionally to compromise our national security. This is not my account, but rather what the Republican FBI Director has testified under oath. He also said that no responsible prosecutor would bring charges in this case. But, was her error in judgment worse than her predecessors? Well, that’s something we will never know because none of them were ever investigated. So, I wonder how many more times and how much of our money Congress will spend investigating her over this? As far as I’m concerned, this has been thoroughly investigated and rightfully so. But, I think I know all I’ll ever need to know, so now I’m ready to move on. I’m going to trust that lessons have been learned and that this kind of thing would never happen again under her watch.

But, despite my distaste for these endless, futile, and costly investigations, they do seem to have been successful in painting the Clintons as unethical, corrupt liars who can’t be trusted. I guess the strategy was to repeatedly tell us how awful they are so that eventually it would permeate the American psyche. Usually, we say just because you keep saying something doesn’t make it true, but that doesn’t seem to be the case here for many Americans. Now, I’m not saying that the Clinton’s aren’t partly responsible for this perception because they have indeed provided some ammunition over the years. But, the intense scrutiny that Hillary Clinton has been under since she entered public life is unprecedented, and, yet, she has never been found guilty of breaking the law. She’s still standing and fighting instead to break the glass ceilings that still exist. To me, her perseverance has to say something about her as a person and her fitness to be president, and this is one character trait that I personally admire. I firmly believe that if she were as corrupt as her detractors believe, then they could have come up with something after all these years and years of ‘searching for the truth’. But NADA!

I hear time and time again, people say they would vote for Bill Clinton in a New York minute, yet they cannot bring themselves to vote for Hillary. Really? Now, I agree that she doesn’t have her husband’s charisma, but that aside, I just don’t get this. To me, the only reasonable explanation I can think of for this is called gender bias. This is a woman who is admired and respected all around the globe, yet, she is being vilified here in her own country. And finally, I’d like to throw in a good word for Senator Tim Kaine from my home state who I have had the pleasure of meeting on a few occasions. He is widely considered a man of high integrity, and I take him at his word. He knows Hillary and if he feels she is trustworthy and morally fit, then I am placing my faith in his judgment.

** My apologies for the length of this post. I tried shorten it, but it didn't work out too well.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by travlnman2 View Post
    My apologies. I sounded way to harsh and condescending I will try to find a more healthy way of making opinons. At leadt one thing we can all agree on is that we are Eagles fans and that is our main purpose here. Cheers mate
    Absolutely!

Border Rebel

I hear time and time again, people say they would vote for Bill Clinton in a New York minute, yet they cannot bring themselves to vote for Hillary. Really?

Hillary's politics are NOTHING like Bill's were. He ran as a moderate Democrat and was able to work with Republicans fairly well in the 90s. Hillary is way left of him and as a conservative, I find most of her positions offensive. She will get nothing done as President if the house and senate remain Republican.

Out on the Border

"Hillary is way left of him and as a conservative, I find most of her positions offensive. She will get nothing done as President if the house and senate remain Republican."

Sadly, I think this thread was not a good idea for the Eagles Board, but I have to respond to above.

As a proud liberal/progressive, it's ridiculous when a conservative opines on how "left" a candidate is---Hillary is not "left" of Bill--- you have no clue & let's leave it at that...

I find comments like yours offensive, as I find the Republican Congress offensive. Its only mission has been to obstruct & work against the President & this country for years. Lastly the kindest thing I can say about Trump & republican positions is that they're offensive, I pray to God that Republicans lose the stranglehold over this country.
    Last edited by mimi g; 07-31-2016 at 06:18 PM.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by scottside View Post
    Hillary's politics are NOTHING like Bill's were. He ran as a moderate Democrat and was able to work with Republicans fairly well in the 90s. Hillary is way left of him and as a conservative, I find most of her positions offensive. She will get nothing done as President if the house and senate remain Republican.
    I think your point is a fair one, ss. And I agree with you and RCF that it would be better to have a discussion of the issues in this thread. Regarding your comments, I think you are correct that the Democratic Party platform has moved more toward the left since Bill Clinton ran for president. However, the Republican Party has also moved more toward the right since the days of Ronald Reagan. In the eyes of many, Hillary Clinton is viewed as way too moderate, which is a big part of the reason that Bernie Sanders was so successful in the Democratic primaries. (Personally, I find Bernie very likeable, but I can’t support a lot of his views). I think your concern that Hillary will be unable to work effectively with a Republican Congress is a valid one. However, to me, Trump’s divisive politics and extreme proposals means he would be even less effective. I fear either candidate may lead to more of the same regarding getting anything done in Washington, which is why I wish we had better choices. But, while both candidates are divisive, I would submit that Hillary has a better chance of working with Congress because she is viewed as more of a centrist by Washington insiders – and after all, she can always leverage Bill to help out. In any event, it is what it is and I’m just hoping that whoever wins will find a way to get on with the business of running our country.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016