Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: How Long

Stuck on the Border

It's also available on the band's official site.

They sound great! New vintage Eagles -I love it!!

Stuck on the Border

I don't want to be a downer but this is precisely what I hoped would not happen. A remake. Is it the Ace song or the J.D. Souther song? This is hardly a progression for them.

Stuck on the Border

It's the JD Souther song, I believe.

Well, I guess to each his own-coz that's the Eagle's sound I was hoping for.

Stuck on the Border

I haven't heard it yet so I can't comment. I rather hoped they would give us something that is not over 30 years old, that's all.

Border Desperado

love this Song, is 100% pure J.D. Souther and a dream come true for me they have recorded it, I always love that one wich certainly is also 100% Eagles Classic sound, regardless is J.D.'s

Anyways.... Xtmas time for us
    Be part of something good,
    Leave something good behind.

Stuck on the Border

OK.... while I still think that recording something so old is not a positive move, now that I have heard it I certainly agree it's vintage Eagles. I like the edge Glenn's voice has and that the lead is shared with Don. To me the guitar sounds more like Steuart than Joe. I hope it's Don playing drums.

I can't download it though, either at eaglesband.com or at myspace.com, but I read that when you ORDER THE ALBUM NEXT WEEK you get it as a free download. So....

I have to thank eaglesband.com for taking their overseas fans into consideration.

I'm still coming to grips with this, OK!??

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the new song! The harmony........wow.........perfection! Don and Glenn..........perfection LOVE the shared vocals! It does sound very vintage Eagles and it's great! I think it sounds like Joe's guitar playing, but it's not as "rock" because, imo, it's more of a country sounding song. It sounds great and if this is what the entire album sounds like..........I'm in heaven

Mentions the new single! Has a pic I haven't seen either!

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/..._id=1003627098

"The Eagles have unveiled "How Long," the first single from "Long Road Out of Eden," their first new studio album in 28 years.

The cut was delivered today (Aug. 16) to U.S. radio outlets and will be available exclusively via walmart.com, samsclub.com and eaglesband.com starting Monday. A video for the track, shot recently in Los Angeles, premieres the same day on CMT.

"Long Road Out of Eden," which will also only be available at Wal-Mart, Sam's Club and via the band's Web site, is due in October. Guitarist Joe Walsh recently told Billboard.com the Eagles will tour extensively next year in support of the project.

"I didn't want us to be too ballad-y" on the album, Walsh said. "We need some stuff we can play live, so I made sure there was that element in the record."

The Eagles will be back on stage in October during a six-night stand with the Dixie Chicks as part of the opening of the new Nokia Theatre L.A. Live in downtown Los Angeles."

I've listened to it like 5 times in a row!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

OMG! I'm gone all day and look what happens! Just listened, hollered at hubby to come listen and we both LOVE it!

I guess it is the JD song? I'm surprised they would release a remake as the first song off the new album, but I have to say it sounds fantastic! Finally!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten