Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Like Chris Mosterd; from Holland

Welcome, Farewell
    Remember when the days were long ...

MARCO

Welcome farewell!! Glad to have you! Don't worry at ALL about your english. It's my native language and I can't even speak it well at times

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Hi Farewell, welcome from another European. I'm from Dublin in Ireland and I've got two kids as well, a girl aged 6 and a boy aged 3. I saw the Eagles live in Dublin last year, an unforgettable night in so many ways Hope you have great fun on the board. I love it. Your English sounds fine to me. Glad you like the Eagles so much. Who is your favourite? Mine is Glenn (understatement of the year) Enjoy! Love Lisa
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Hey Farewell, welcome from me too, the only Randy fan here. I have two kids too (both girls 7 and 9) who also love the Eagles. I'm sure you'll have lots of fun with us.
    You can spend all your time making money
    You can spend all your love making time
    If it all fell to pieces tomorrow
    Could you still be mine

the only Randy fan here
    I have to tell You farewell that I`m the only Don fan here
    Remember when the days were long ...

MARCO

Aw, we have other fans of Randy too, even if he's not their all-time fave Eagle! I count myself among them.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Hi farewell!
    Always glad to welcome another Don fan! I hope you enjoy it here!

Now, about your quote: it is from Don's Inside Job DVD, which I love, and you almost have it right. He was talking about "being famous" and he said:

You haven't lived until you have stood in the refrigerated section of the grocery store staring at the frozen peas listening to the Muzak version of Desperado coming over the speakers. That's when you know you've made it.

Welcome to the Board, Farewell! It's great to have you join us. As I'm from South Africa, and my second language is Afrikaans, I have a special affection for Dutch people - you are all like our brothers and sisters, since Dutch seaman Jan van Riebeeck, who dropped anchor here in 1652, put Cape Town on the map. Afrikaans has evolved a lot from Dutch, but we'll still be able to understand each other to a degree!

By the way, your English is more than good enough for all of us to understand, so no apologies necessary!

"Hell Freezes Over" is the show that got me obsessed about the Eagles on 11 February this year, after being a fan of their music for three years before that. I fell in love with Glenn that day, too , and at 30 years of age, I'm floating around like a lovesick teenager! And I'm enjoying every minute of it, along with great people like yourself. The Board is a lot of fun, as I'm sure you will discover. I see your favourite is Don - well, I think he's marvellous, too. I haven't had the privilege of seeing the Eagles live in concert, but maybe my dream will come true one day .

You mentioned Chris Mostert - he appears to have been part of Glenn's brass section before he started playing for the Eagles (I stand to be corrected on this, but I know he appears in Glenn's solo concert, "Live in Dublin").

One last thing: I made two appearances at the V&A Waterfront, Cape Town, in the previous band I performed in, in January 2005, and on the first day, I met a Dutch couple who were on holiday here for a few days. The gentleman turned out to be a percussionist, and he ended up performing with us on the second day! His wife took plenty of photos of us, and she gave me nearly the whole set, just after she had them developed! I'm only sorry that I didn't get their contact details, just to stay in touch after their kindness towards us.

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Quote Originally Posted by SodaScouts
    Aw, we have other fans of Randy too, even if he's not their all-time fave Eagle! I count myself among them.
    I'm pretty sure he's badkitty's fav. too

Welcome to The Border, farewell
    Another fellow European, we seem to be a pretty mixed bunch here which is great!!

Don't ever worry about your English - I think we all understand well what you're writing
    We'll have stars to wish on every single night
    We'll build a fire and make love by candlelight