Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Greetings From Oklahoma!

Out on the Border

Smile Greetings From Oklahoma!

Hello! I've been an Eagles fan since I first heard "Take It Easy" back in '72. I saw them in concert in St. Louis in '95 and Tulsa in '09. I enjoyed all of the lineups and each former member brought their own style. They have been consistently at the top of their game regardless of who was in the group.

However, personally I miss Felder's contributions. I know some people are glad he's gone and probably with some justification, but I think something is missing without him. I think the same is true with Fleetwood Mac sans Christine McVie and The Rolling Stones sans Bill Wyman. Still great, but the chemistry is just not quite right. Just my opinion. When you watch HFO, you can just see how great these guys are together musically. It's a shame the egos got in the way.

Although it's highly improbable, I wish he would return to the group. But, hell will probably really have frozen over by the time that ever happens.

I'll sum this up by saying I don't know if I have a "favorite" member because they are all so gifted and have their unique styles. But, if I had to call it, I'd probably go with Glenn. He is the foundation.

In any event, I'm glad to be a member and look forward to learning more about this incredibly talented group of guys known as The Eagles.

Scott

Default Re: Greetings From Oklahoma!

Welcome to The Border, Scott. Always glad to have one more among the ranks.

Let me be the first to say that all opinions are welcome, although you may get a few arguments here and there. HOWEVER, everyone here has their own ideas so feel free to express yourself.

Hope you'll take time to browse thru the various threads...there is a wealth of information here. Any questions. Just ask and I promise you'll get more answers than you imagined.

Again, welcome aboard. Look forward to your posts!
    I just need a little downtime.........

Welcome, Scott! Glad to have you on board.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Welcome to the board!
    Oh they tell me there is a place over younder cool water running through the burning sand until we learn to love one another we will never reach the promised land. Hole In The World 2001

Welcome Scott! Yes, that Hell Freezes Over combination was something else - but I agree, each line-up has its virtues. I'm also a big Fleetwood Mac fan so I know what you mean about Christine. I never got a chance to see them live when she was still in the group, just like I never got to see the Eagles live with Felder. DVDs just aren't the same (although I'm glad to have 'em).

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Welcome at The Border, Scott, have fun here!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Hey Scott....as Walsh would say "Welcome To The Club" though this isn't really a "club" with official membership cards and such truck. Hmmm, Soda, maybe that's something we need <LOL> Maybe a tee-shirt too....

Anyway Scott, welcome from a neighbor (sort of). I'm up in Wichita or therebouts. You got another frequent poster here as a neighbor too. Pretty wide spread and close nit group here.

MikeA

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Welcome Scott! Yes, that Hell Freezes Over combination was something else - but I agree, each line-up has its virtues. I'm also a big Fleetwood Mac fan so I know what you mean about Christine. I never got a chance to see them live when she was still in the group, just like I never got to see the Eagles live with Felder. DVDs just aren't the same (although I'm glad to have 'em).

I was fortunate enough to see Fleetwood Mac (The Dance Tour) at Kiel Center in St. Louis in Nov. 1997. The show was spectacular. In my opinion, it was as good, if not better, than The Dance DVD. The crowd was enthusiastic and it was worth every penny. If I remember correctly, I had 11th row seats and the tickets were fairly expensive, but what a great concert it was. I like Fleetwood Mac quite a bit and have collected a lot of audio "rarities" over the years dating back to 1968. What a great group.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Welcome Scott---always great to see a new member join in! Enjoy yourselves here and I certainly hope you don't mind all the "freckle counting" that us ladies do here. Mike has learned to ignore it and hopefully you will be able to also.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Welcome to The Border from me, too, Scott! This is a really fun place to discuss our favorite group. Glad you found us!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten