Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Celebration of "Hell Freezes Over"!

Default Re: Celebration of "Hell Freezes Over"!

Had they been doing Get Over It?
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

I haven't read all of the posts here, but I just had to say that Love Will Keep Us Alive is one of my all time favorites. I tend to like songs more for their lyrics than the music. These words are so romantic. I would love for someone to say them to me. And Timothy's voice is just so incredible. The combination of the words and Timothy just make me melt.

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    Had they been doing Get Over It?
    I wish. Not since 1994!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by SallyGee View Post
    I haven't read all of the posts here, but I just had to say that Love Will Keep Us Alive is one of my all time favorites. I tend to like songs more for their lyrics than the music. These words are so romantic. I would love for someone to say them to me. And Timothy's voice is just so incredible. The combination of the words and Timothy just make me melt.
    Oh I so agree with everything you just said!...of course you probably knew I would...lol

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    I have to correct my previous DUMB statement, because on my way home from work I realized that TIE is on both of these albums, so my reasons for the defining album of the Eagles doesn't hold up. but I still think the early Eagles album is the album that most people remember the Eagles by. The HFO album is kind of a greatest hits with a few new songs on it.
    I guess HFO brought in a new set of younger fans who weren't around in the 70's & it was the reuniting of the band, so it does serve a huge spot in Eagles history.

As for "Get Over It"....well I'm over it, the song I mean. I can't stand that song & I wish they would drop it from the setlist. Many other songs I would rather hear!
    What about Hotel California?

Where did you get the idea that they have been playing Get Over It?

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well since others are repeating there favorites for this album, I guess I will also. Here is a post that I wrote earlier ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    I like them a lot too - My favorite is Get Over It, followed closely by Love Will Keep Us Alive. Next would be Learn To Be Still, which I love and think is a very under-rated song. I also like The Girl From Yesterday a lot, but it is a little too country for my taste, even with Glenn's superb vocals.
    I go back and forth and keep changing my opinion about which of these songs is my favorite. At times, I think Learn To Be Still may actually be my favorite on this album. But, I do love Get Over It and Love Will Keep Us Alive a lot too, so it's very hard to decide. Heck - maybe I should just declare it a 3-way tie. Even if LWKUA doesn't have the most prolific lyrics, they are so heartfelt and romantic, and Tim's vocals are swoon-worthy. I also love the melody and music.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

I'm about to get blasted here. I've told a few. I've only ever listened to this CD maybe twice. I do own it and it sits on the shelf with all the other Eagles' CDs. I've never watched the DVD. The CD and tour are forever associated with a fairly traumatic event in my life. One that involved a man, of course. I will never learn. Still, I guess I need to Get Over It. Maybe next year.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Girl, do NOT let that man deprive you of ONE MINUTE of pleasure. Do not give him that kind of power over you. It's been almost 20 years. It's past time to draw upon your strength and claim your victory. If not now, when? If you can't do it in 2012, two decades after the fact, what makes you think next year will be any different? It's not going to happen unless you make it happen, and the sooner the better. What are you waiting for?

Go listen to / watch HELL FREEZES OVER and celebrate your empowerment, thanking God that you are out of that situation!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    How ironic - this is actually my least favorite lyric! I don't like it because in regular usage of the phrase, when you know something "deep in [your] heart" then it's supposed to be something you instinctively know is true on a subconscious level. For instance, "Although she said he was coming back someday, she knew deep in her heart he wasn't." In this case, he WON'T be back someday - it's not true at all. I guess it's just supposed to reinforce that she's completely delusional to the point where even her subconscious instincts are disconnected from reality, but it's a jarring use of the phrase IMHO.

Isn't it funny how people can see the same lyrics so totally differently? It's all subjective!
    Touche. It's been a long time since I last heard "The girl from yesterday", and I didn't remember the lyrics that well. Now that I checked the lyrics, what Glenn sings after that seems to contradict the line about knowing he will come back ("She'll always be the girl from yesterday"). The Madam Butterfly thing was a good point, and those comments about being delusional. On the other hand the melody and the way Glenn sings it (very calm and optimistic) makes it sound like he really is coming back.
    I have this vague feeling that that line did seem odd to me in the context of the whole lyric when I kept hearding the song. I listened to the album many times when it had come out, but I haven't really listened to it since. So I admit that it may be a puzzling lyric in the context. It's a beautiful moment, however, so I choose to love it out of context. Anyway, the melody and the bassline descening underneath is just beautiful, so that really gets me.

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    Soda, I've wondered before, have you ever started a thread for analizing lyrics? I mean, deciding on a song and talking about what we think the lyrics mean, verse by verse. I think it would be very interesting.
    Just bringing this question forward from the previos page because chaim is bringing another lyric into question. Personally I love it, and would love to pick a song, perhaps as a group, and talk about it, maybe both musically and lyrically, but mostly lyrically. I'm afraid I am one who listens to the music and often ignores the lyric - or at least the meaning of the lyric. This would benefit me a great deal.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.