Page 182 of 213 FirstFirst ... 82132172178179180181182183184185186192 ... LastLast
Results 1,811 to 1,820 of 2130

Thread: Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly!

Default Re: Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly!

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    Watching the telly, I hear a familiar intro. It's an advert for a budget hotel chain as a buddy cop movie
    And here it is. (I'm not sure if it's available outside the UK).
    It works here in the states. Too funny!!

Banned

More from the UK;

The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy is set to return for a brand new series to mark its 40th anniversary.

The radio comedy debuted in 1978 and went on to spawn a range of novels, comic books, TV series and the 2005 feature film, which starred Martin Freeman and Zooey Deschanel.

http://www.nme.com/news/tv/the-hitch...ersary-2149319

For the uninitiated, the theme tune for The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy is Bernie's Journey Of The Sorcerer, initially the Eagles version (as you can hear in the episode 1 link), subsequently updated covers.

I'll be looking out for it in 2018.

I heard "Dirty Laundry" on some guy's work radio outside my apartment a couple or a few days ago. They're doing construction behind my complex. I wanted to sing it out my window, but I wasn't daring enough to do it.

I was watching the CMA awards last night and one of the commercials was for the Cars 3 dvd/Blue-ray—and the trailer they used was the one with Take It to the Limit.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    I was watching the CMA awards last night and one of the commercials was for the Cars 3 dvd/Blue-ray—and the trailer they used was the one with Take It to the Limit.
    I saw that too Delilah. I was going to post it here as well, you beat me to it. The hubs said "I guess we will have to see that movie now" I said no, it is not in the movie. (drats)

Not necessarily unexpectedly...but hearing Take It To The Limit on the radio and then switching to another classic rock station and hearing it again back to back!! Totally made my afternoon. You go Randy!

My favorite moment with hearing a Eagles song was when I usually plug my phone in and listen to my Eagles playlist but I couldn’t get it to work. I just turned on a classic rock station and immediately life in the fast lane started. That was such perfect timing I was stunned. I had a lot of fun listening to that song LOL

I was catching up on some shows I had recorded over the summer and was watching "Good Witch" (yes, I am a Hallmark junkie , much to the embarrassment of my family) anyway.. Sam gave his sister a very old book that she said was her favorite, it just happened to be Walden by Henry David Thoreau. I thought hmm, Don Henley would be pleased.

Then at the end of the episode Sam proposed to Cassie and I sat up a bit straighter when I heard the voice singing in the background it was Don Henley singing Taking You Home. I was like wow, how did they get permission for that.... Two references in one episode.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

My Dad's watching "Urban Cowboy" again on TV and just heard "Lyin' Eyes" in the background of a scene with Bud and Sissy at a diner. I've seen that movie countless times over the years and didn't remember hearing that before till now.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

I was in a patient's room yesterday and I heard The Heat Is On playing on the tv. I whipped my head around so fast lol. It was a commercial advertising Vh1 rewind of 80's movies. Hearing Glenn singing even if for a small period of time certainly cheered up my day!
    "You only live forever in the lights you make....you only hear the music when your heart begins to break."