Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: R.I.P Nancy (badkitty33) and her son Austin

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: R.I.P Nancy (badkitty33) and her son Austin

How sad. I vaguely remember her posting. My thoughts and prayers go out to her family.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

How tragic...my thoughts and prayers go out to her surviving sons. Although I don't recall sharing any posts with her (I think I came on board later), my heart breaks.
    You were just too busy being FABULOUS....

Victim of Love

This is heart breaking; even tho she had not posted in quite a few years she was still a member of our community.. and to have her and her son die in such a terrible fire... horrible. My thoughts and prayers certainly go out to all of Nancy and Austin's family and friends.

It's also somewhat of a bizarre feeling watching the news reports of this tragedy actually knowing the person ( even just through the net).. We see news reports of tragedies and crimes daily but because it is someone elses child, sister or mother it's unreal; this makes it real for sure!

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

OMG. I have been very upset all day on reading this. Nancy (affectionately known at the time when she posted here as 'the other Nancy') got in touch with me in about March 2007 in a pm about a song I had posted. We shared a few pms and shortly afterwards she launched her own board

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...read.php?t=401

A few of us joined to support her, and I remember posting occasionally. But Nancy and I got into the habit of chatting in the early afternoon in summer and fall of 2007 particularly. She had just done her school run and I would be gearing towards picking up my own children shortly. We would chat for about half an hour maybe 3 days a week. Just a few pointers to show the kind of person she was

She lived for her 3 children Hayley, Ian and Austin. She was always recounting their efforts and their exploits and was fiercely proud of all three. She never directly told me that Austin had Downs Syndrome but did indicate that he had special needs. But also indicated her love for him.

She loved music, particularly the Eagles, and made no secret of the fact that Randy was her favourite.

She always had a happy cheerful disposition with an energu and a zest for life. Nothing ever seemed to get her down.

After that summer we chatted but more sporadically, but I do remember catching up with her the following Christmas, and once again she was all about what the kids had wanted and how much they had enjoyed the season.

I found her in MySpace a little later and we popped into chat for a while. That was the last time we chatted. Only recently I was wondering how she and the family were.

I can only imagine the despair Ian, Hayley and her husband must be feeling right now. Words ate trite, but I hope Nancy and Austin are at peace together, and that somehow their family will find comfort in the tributes paid to them.

Nancy and Austin. RIP.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Wow - how incredibly sad this is. I remember Nancy as someone very light-hearted with a good sense of humor. My heart goes out to her family.

R.I.P. Nancy and Austin.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, GA; I had forgotten about the board! She was definitely a lover of music. I thought it was fitting that the fact that she was passionate about music was mentioned in the article about her death.

Life is so fleeting!

RIP Nancy and Austin.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

GA you made me tear up with your post, because that's how I remember Nancy too. I lost contact with her and it was easy to do so because life got so busy. But then something like this happens and it reminds me that no matter how busy life gets, it's important to MAKE time for people. Nancy did indeed adore Randy....sometimes making me blush with her adoration. lol! I LOVED her sense of humor and wittiness. It made me cry to go to the link you posted, to see her AV and her post.....it seems so hard to believe that a member of our family is gone. Life's sure hard sometimes.

Border Desperado

I just saw this and you know, may we be digital friends but real love is out there...

Dear Lord...
    Rest in peace our dear badkitty33 and boy.
    Be part of something good,
    Leave something good behind.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Today marks the fifth anniversary if the passing of BK and her son. I revived the thread in case anyone would like to remember them in prayers
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

This is so sad, and I didn't even know her; apparently she was a big Randy fan. That was a nice write up about her, Glennallnighter.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...