Thread: Jimmie Van Zant

On my leatherette looking through pictures...

Default Jimmie Van Zant

Jimmie Van Zant, cousin of .38 Special leader Donnie Van Zant and Skynyrd front-men Johnny and the late Ronnie Van Zant, as well as a musician in his own right, has passed away at age 59. No cause of death has been released at this time.

http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/ar...nyrd-great-ron

Sad to see another member of the Skynyrd family pass at such a young age. RIP, and best wishes to his family and friends.
    All carrot, no stick.

"He's just another power junkie, just another silk scarf monkey. You'd know it if you saw his stuff. The man just isn't big enough."--Glenn Frey/Don Henley

"You think you know me, but you haven't got a clue."--John Lennon/Paul McCartney

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Default Re: Jimmie Van Zant

I saw the post on his Facebook page over the weekend stating that it would be just a matter of time before he passed. May he rest in peace.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Oh, dear, we just lost another one. This year has not been kind at all! May he RIP.
    "You thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still."

Border Desperado

The Grim Reaper just needs to stop it. Go on vacation, a cruise, take a sabbatical, take up a new hobby, start flipping houses, I don't really care what he chooses at this point. But he has taken far more than his quota in the music world for 2016 and it's only April. It's leaving us music fans with a huge void and very depressed. Something has got to give. May this latest musician RIP

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

One of my FB friends posted about this last night and had just saw him in concert last fall. I feel so bad for the Van Zant family.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

RIP Jimmie. I was listening to some Skynyrd yesterday, great band but sadly tragedy seems to stalk their band members and families more so than any other.

As a huge Skynyrd and 38 fan and a fan of the Van Zants, this is super sad for me. Jimmie used to play Skynyrd music in concerts and sang so good.

RIP...