Thread: RIP John Hurt

Default RIP John Hurt

John Hurt has passed away from cancer at the age of 77.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/27/entert...ohn-hurt-obit/

He was an absolutely incredible actor. He could play anything from the "War Doctor" in Doctor Who to King Lear's Fool. He will be missed.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Default Re: RIP John Hurt

RIP John Hurt. He really was an amazing actor and I've seen him in so many movies and UK shows. Remember him the most from the "Harry Potter" movies as the wand shop owner Ollivander.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

A great actor. You hate him in King Ralph as Lord Graves(the guy who wants to make sure John Goodman's character King Ralph mess up so he can be king) or an alien coming out of his chest in Alien and other role.

RIP John.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Brilliant, fearless actor. He was great in so many films. I first became aware of him as Caligula in "I, Claudius." Unforgettable in The Elephant Man, 10 Rillington Place and Scandal.

I saw him once in the lobby of the National Theatre when I was in London on a school trip. This was when you could still smoke in a lot of places. I was too chicken to approach him, but retrieved his empty packet of Camel Lights when he moved on. I still have that packet somewhere!

Stuck on the Border

One of those actors who turned up in lots of things and was always instantly recognisable - even if it was only his voice, as in the tv series Merlin. Which is why my most recent memory is of him as a dragon.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

How sad that we have lost another wonderful actor. My heart goes out to his family and loved ones.

R.I.P. John Hurt

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016