• Governor Gary Johnson/ Governor William Weld

0 0%
  • Dr. Jill Stein/Unknown VP canidate

0 0%
Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: US Election 2016 Poll and Disscusion

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: US Election 2016 Poll and Disscusion

I don't think I've ever (knowingly) met a Republican, so I'm interested in the views of you "lifelong Republicans". What does is mean to be a Republican? What makes you different from a Democrat? I'm looking for some balance compared to the rabid comments I often see on the internet.

Border Rebel

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    I don't think I've ever (knowingly) met a Republican, so I'm interested in the views of you "lifelong Republicans". What does is mean to be a Republican? What makes you different from a Democrat? I'm looking for some balance compared to the rabid comments I often see on the internet.
    As a lifelong Republican, I believe in the following:
    1)Limited government. I don't want a nanny state.
    2)Strong military
    3)Lower taxes
    4)Secure borders
    5)Sanctity of life
    6)Second amendment rights (ability to carry firearms although I personally don't own a gun)

I'm sure there are others, but these are the main tenants of the Republican platform.

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

I read an article in The Washington Post this morning that discussed the 2016 candidates' Secret Service code names. The Clintons will retain their code names from their previous days in the White House which means Bill's is EAGLE. Should we take that as a sign?

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Remember the Clintons are Fleetwood Mac fans though!

Like most of us, they probably like both bands.

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Trump's comments today about Russia IMO just drives the point home that he is unfit to run our country and be commander in chief. To say he is a loose cannon is an understatement to say the least.
    Shakes head

You know Russia already hcked the DNC right?

As soon as he said that I knew exactly what he ment.

He said among the emails the ALREADY HAVE that the Russians got in the hack the 30,000 Hillary Emails will be AMONG WHAT THEY ALREADY HAVE.

Context Context Context

Richard Nixon deletes15 minutes of tape, looses his job. Hillary deletes 30,000 emails and gets nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennLover View Post
    Do you really think that Trump doesn't lie and hasn't broken any laws? Reports of some of his business deals say that they are shady at best and often harm others while filling his pockets. As a Canadian it even scares me that Trump might be elected.
    image.jpg

Pretty nice guy if you ask me

Quote Originally Posted by travlnman2 View Post
    Shakes head

You know Russia already hcked the DNC right?

As soon as he said that I knew exactly what he ment.

He said among the emails the ALREADY HAVE that the Russians got in the hack the 30,000 Hillary Emails will be AMONG WHAT THEY ALREADY HAVE.

Context Context Context

Richard Nixon deletes15 minutes of tape, looses his job. Hillary deletes 30,000 emails and gets nothing.
    Believe me when I say I despise Politics completely. But this is true, the Russians already did have all her Emails. I do not care who you are, if you are sent classified information, and do not secure it properly, you need to be in jail. If I did this sort of thing at my job, I would at the very least have been fired. My husband is ex military. He said anyone in the military would be court martialed . Enough said.

So Put Me On A Highway And Show Me A Sign
    And Take It To The Limit One More Time..............

Border Desperado SoaringRockyMountainWay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DivineDon View Post
    Do you really think Trump doesn't lie and can be trusted? This was shared by a reputable source on fb.

Save
    As far as I know, this quote is false. After doing research, I have found no such interview of Donald Trump with People Magazine where he said this.

Trump was actually being quite clever with what he sarcastically said about the Russians and the deleted emails. By saying this, he got the Clinton campaign to admit that there was classified information in the deleted emails. Originally, Hillary said that the emails contained her yoga schedule and wedding plans but in response to Trump's comment, she said that he was putting security at risk. By saying that, she is admitting that emails contained classified information because if they were hacked, American security would be at risk.
    People talking about us they got nothing else to do. When it all comes down we will still come through in the long run.

Stuck on the Border

So the choice is between someone who has been inept when using technology and someone offends large numbers of people every time he opens his mouth and who has maintained his personal wealth while taking his companies into bankruptcy on four occasions letting lenders, suppliers and employees take the hit?

One you can address by ensuring she has the support that will allow her to do her job without such errors in the future and with the other, the finances of the country are controlled by a different part of government but how do you gag a president?

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by travlnman2 View Post
    Fixed it for ya. @UndertheWire
    I find it offensive that you are putting your words as if they are written by me. Please remove.

You are free to disagree with me and place your own views but to represent them as coming from me is wrong.