Page 49 of 105 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999 ... LastLast

Thread: Timothy in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Default Re: Timothy in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Knowing nothing about Jean except for what Timothy said about her at his solo show while introducing Ella Jean, I get the impression that Jean is very much her own woman with her own career as an artist. I don't know if that was always the case, but for some reason I always get the feeling that Timothy...how should I put this...Timothy 'needs' Jean more than Jean needs Timothy. Does anybody else get that impression? I'm not trying to imply that they are not happy or not in love, but that she is a strong woman who does not necessarily rely on him for everything.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Definitely agree agree with everything you said PM. I get the same sense.

Border Desperado

I've always had that impression too. Just from little things and bits I've heard him mention over the years. It seems like in a marriage there is always one that loves more....not that that is a bad thing, it's just how it is...at least in my opinion. But they've been married a long time, I'm sure they both bring something to the marriage that the other appreciates/needs. I'm just glad that she seems to make him so happy.

I have to say I've never had that feeling about them at all...

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    Knowing nothing about Jean except for what Timothy said about her at his solo show while introducing Ella Jean, I get the impression that Jean is very much her own woman with her own career as an artist. I don't know if that was always the case, but for some reason I always get the feeling that Timothy...how should I put this...Timothy 'needs' Jean more than Jean needs Timothy. Does anybody else get that impression? I'm not trying to imply that they are not happy or not in love, but that she is a strong woman who does not necessarily rely on him for everything.
    I know where you're coming from. Songs like Ella Jean show how he feels about her but we don't have her side of the story. Maybe he’s more emotional than her. She seems like an independent character.

SS
    xx
    http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/2013...ing-there.html

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    I never got that impression. Timothy and Jean seem like a tight-knit couple. I’ve read comments from people who know or have known them and they all say that Timothy and Jean are both very sweet and nice people.

Here’s a red carpet interview with Timothy from the 2009 Grammy Awards. Jean is with Timothy during the interview. She looks like she really adores him.

http://www.billboard.com/video/timot...-carpet-470989

thanks SM for posting that interview...he's so darn cute!!!...I could listen to him talk all day...

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Oh I don't think PM was in any way trying to say they aren't a tight knit couple. As stated above, I do understand her perception, and I think it evolves from the fact that we only hear Timothy speak of Jean, we never hear her speak of him. When he has spoken of her, he tends to frame the relationship as one where he is trying to impress her, or he misses her so much. She goes off to Hawaii on her own for weeks at a time, and is supposed to come back, and doesn't return as scheduled because she's working. He is forthcoming about his dependence on her and his love for her, and we just don't get the same inputs from her (obviously, as nobody is interviewing her.) He is open about his vulnerabilities. When you take the bits and pieces of multiple interviews when he speaks of her, and compile them, you are left with the impression of "He needs her! He's smitten!," which is sweet, because he's the rock star who is always on the road. And there are other little, subconscious things, like in HFO, he is nervous and she is hugging him right before the show - he's the one who has his wife with him. Who knows, maybe all the wives were there, hugging their husbands, but she's the only one shown, and it all sort of adds up as a reflection of their relationship. It's refreshing to hear "the famous one" in a couple describe the relationship the way he does. Regardless, they have figured out how to sustain a marriage when he is frequently on the road. I have no doubt that the admiration, love and dependence is mutual, but we aren't fortunate enough to ever hear her side of it.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I agree, MC. They appear to be a very devoted couple, and it's not at all unusual if one is more dependent than the other. But, it's fun to speculate even though none of us, obviously, know the true dynamics of their relationship.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Well said, MC.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten