Page 178 of 213 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178179180181182188 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,780 of 2130

Thread: Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly!

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Default Re: Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly!

I ate supper at a local grill/bar last night. My mom and I sat in the bar area, and there was big birthday party that started after we arrived. One of them selected some songs from the jukebox. The fouth song that played was Hotel California.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Border Troubadour

I have a habit of using the jukebox in my local pub to play Eagles songs

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

Quote Originally Posted by thelastresort View Post
    I have a habit of using the jukebox in my local pub to play Eagles songs
    Excellent idea! Unfortunately I can't remember seeing any jukeboxes in the pubs I've been to, and if they do have music I think it tends to be 'piped-in' playlists. If you don't mind me asking, do they usually have a list of songs to choose from by a given artist, or can you play pretty much anything? Picking out more obscure songs has a certain appeal to me!

Border Troubadour

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Come Lately View Post
    Excellent idea! Unfortunately I can't remember seeing any jukeboxes in the pubs I've been to, and if they do have music I think it tends to be 'piped-in' playlists. If you don't mind me asking, do they usually have a list of songs to choose from by a given artist, or can you play pretty much anything? Picking out more obscure songs has a certain appeal to me!
    For older artists it's reasonably limited but not exceptionally so, the Eagles gets down to about Best of My Love level, but certainly nothing that wasn't a single. Joe I recall has the single cuts of about five songs and that's it, I'd presume Don H. and Glenn similar. I tend to mix up my selections a bit so my friends don't disown me, but at least one of my trio is always an Eagles song, it just depends what the reason for drinking is as to what I pick!

I heard the acoustic version of Hotel California on Sunday. That's the first time in a year since I heard it on the radio. I remembered when that song first came out and the radio stations played the heck out of it.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

While out Christmas shopping the store we were at Meijer was still playing regular songs mixed with Christmas songs and ended up hearing "How Long". I've heard Eagles songs in stores before but I think that was my first time hearing that one while shopping.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

As I walked into Wendy's this past Sunday, they were playing The Heart of The Matter. At first I was like is that Don? LOL Of course I started singing it under my breathe.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

As I was driving to church today, one of my local radio station played Last Worthless Evening. That's the first time I've ever heard that song on the radio.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

So my school plays music during the passing periods, and I have long awaited the day they play an Eagles song. It has been 7 months and I am glad to announce the day has finally come, this morning we got Take It Easy! They cut it off early even though the song is about 3.5 minutes long and our passing periods our 5... but I'll take it!

Banned

Just heard Business As Usual on UK Daytime TV stalwart Homes Under The Hammer. It sounded great!

I believe it takes about 10 years to truly evaluate new releases. Business As Usual is a top Eagles track in my estimation.