Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Eagles and Band Leadership

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Eagles and Band Leadership

UTW - I think back in 1975 this might have been in the period when Glenn and Don were trying to make it seem like everyone had a say and there was no leader. I am going to use the quote you used by Glenn:
    To quote Glenn directly:Quote: The band was like a fake democracy. Henley and I were making the decisions while at the same time trying to pacify, include, and cajole the others.
    I have a feeling this is how it really was. At that point in 1975, they were still trying to keep Bernie happy to keep him from leaving. Although from what I have read, Bernie had pretty much decided to leave well before Dec.'75 when he quit.

Dawn - I agree with that quote. I was just looking through the book "The Eagles-Flying High". Of course I can't find the quote right now(which is in the book), but Glenn also stated they had lived such a sheltered life(So to speak) because they were constantly on the road surrendered by roadies, assistants and "yes people" who catered to their every whim. They did not have to do anything for themselves. Their life revolved around hotels, planes, and concert gigs. Because of this, they never got to "grow" like most people in their 20's. I think this was probably especially true for Glenn and Don, who seemed to have more "help"/hanger-ons than the others.
    Last edited by New Kid In Town; 04-30-2017 at 05:46 PM.