Page 5 of 77 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: Press and Disussion about Don Henley's new album Cass County available Sept. 25, 2015

Default Re: Press and Discussion about Don's new album(s)

I think I saw from the tweets that Merle Haggard, Vince Gill(which I already heard he was going to be on that album. I can't wait to hear this song that Vince sings or plays on. My two favorite singers) and Dolly Parton will be guest stars on the album. This is going to be an interesting album.

I am a country fan, but I really don't like today's country. Give me some Clint Black, George Strait, Vince Gill, heck even Garth. LOL

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    Tweets about each song...

Train in the Distance - song Don Henley said was auto biographical. Song about longing for an experience bigger than hometown

That Old Flame - about longing for youth and looking back

Bramble Rose - made me weep. song about an invisible woman whose worth is missed by all

Take a Picture of This - similar to End of the Innocence. Broke my heart

Praying For Rain - lyrics so humble

Over all: Strap in my friend. These songs will astound.
    Wow, I have missed 5 pages here! Over night! I knew something awesome must have happened!!

These songs sound just awesome and I am so glad it is finally coming to fruition! Don! Can't wait!

And this going on during the CMA Fest! Nashville is hopping!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I like the setting where he had his preview party. It looks like an old church. I wonder where it was at.

Border Troubadour

Quote Originally Posted by Lacken101 View Post
    I'm only getting to read these now, was out for a BBQ at 6pm and only back now
    Cass County sounds like it's going to be a heartbreaker of an album and I can't want to hear it! !

One question though, is the Sept 18 release date worldwide or just in the US ?
    I don't know anything about Tue/Fri releases as its been so long since I've waited for an actual album release. ....
    That's what I was wondering, Lacken. Can you pre-order it from HMV or where?......so excited to hear Don and Vince Gill together...can't wait!
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Here's an article did with Rolling Stone.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...0150612?page=2

Default Re: Press and Disussion about Don Henley's new album Cass County due in Sept

Thanks for that!

From the article:
    "Henley previewed eight tracks from Cass County, and in that abbreviated list, the all-star guests included Merle Haggard, Mick Jagger, Alison Krauss, Miranda Lambert, Martina McBride, Ashley Monroe, Dolly Parton, Lucinda Williams and Trisha Yearwood."
    Awesome! The only one missing is Stevie Nicks. Well, it's also too bad Reba and Kenny Rogers aren't included. Then again, he's already sung duets with all three of those people, so he might have thought "Been there, done that" (not that such a mentality kept him from including Trisha Yearwood, so who knows).

A long while ago, we heard Lee Ann Womack and Ronnie Dunn would be on the album, but they're not mentioned here. I wonder if their songs didn't make the cut, or simply didn't make the article? After all, Vince didn't get mentioned either.

You know, the inclusion of Merle Haggard reminds me of the lyrics from "They're Not Here, They're Not Coming" where Don Sings "The radio won't play George and Merle." Let's hope that's not the case when he sings with Don Henley!

It looks like this has morphed from an album of largely covers to an album with a couple covers. YES. The more new original work, the better.

Finally, I'm a bit surprised that he shied away from calling it a country album. I thought that was the whole idea. Maybe he's worried that calling it country will limit radio play to country stations so he wants to be more inclusive. It would surprise me if he went terribly far outside of country-esque tunes due to the themes of the album - I don't expect a song like "Workin' It" - but we'll see. The definition of "country" nowadays is rather amorphous anyway.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Default Re: Press and Disussion about Don Henley's new album Cass County due in Sept

I was thinking about an article I read. Their was a country singer who said in an article that rock and pop stars(whichever) should not put a country album (or whatever he said. I can't remember). I wonder how he would feel about Don putting out this album. LOL

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Since the article says "abbreviated" list, I'm assuming that there's more artists than those listed.
    I think that it'd be cool to hear Don's songs on my local country stations (or rock ones for that matter).
    I'm glad that the album is going to mostly new material.

I hope that maybe soon, we'll get a track listing because I'm curious as to how many songs will be on the album besides the 8 previewed.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

AWESOME news!! Thanks for all the postings!
    I just went to Don's website to sign up for the mailings. Is that going to be the cover photo? I like it though it doesn't show his face.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

I think there are more tracks that weren't previewed, so it's still a mystery on others who might collaborate with him. As for the 'country' genre, maybe that's from the label? Album of the year is more likely if it crosses genres. Face it, a lot of Classic Rock, and especially the Eagles, are more country than most of today's country. So if he stays true to himself on this, it does cross genres.

He said he will tour. Now...where and when? I'm betting a stop in Nashville about a month after I move back East.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.