Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Press and Discussion about Don's new album(s) in progress

Default Re: Don in the press

I'm with you. A release date would be great (and not too far in the future would be even better. )
    Melanie

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by Glennhoney View Post
    ..PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE...just don't "country up" Eagles songs....it's been done much too often already...even if they're done by Don...ugh!!
    Agreed. Really Don, can't you think of something else besides Eagles songs?

I hope someone reads this thread and tells Don.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

http://ashleymannonmusicrow.blogspot...-with-don.html

Don's recording with Dolly according to Ashley's site. Plus a bit more info on the album contents.

Ronnie Dunn told me that he recorded "Seven Bridges Road" with Don and Alison Krauss…LIVE and acapella. Ronnie also told me that Don has recorded some Country Covers, as well as some Eagles’ tunes…PLUS there will be some BRAND NEW songs on the album, too.
    Last edited by Annabel; 04-04-2011 at 10:09 AM.
    Melanie

Ronnie Dunn told me that he recorded "Seven Bridges Road" with Don and Alison Krauss…LIVE and acapella. Ronnie also told me that Don has recorded some Country Covers, as well as some Eagles’ tunes…PLUS there will be some BRAND NEW songs on the album, too.
    Well, I guess that settles it then. Unless, of course, Ronnie is confused (but why would he be?), or the final track listing hasn't been decided yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke
    I hope someone reads this thread and tells Don.
    Well, I think this is being done to attract people who might not otherwise buy the CD. Even if Don gets told that the hardcores are unhappy, the hardcores do not make up the vast majority of the buying public. Indeed, most hardcores will buy anything Don puts out anyway.

On the other hand, the inclusion of Eagles songs might attract the casual buyer. Look how well Common Thread sold (admittedly, that was almost 20 years ago). I think this is a business decision, plain and simple - especially since Ronnie Dunn was specifically told to mimic the Eagles arrangement exactly. That suggests to me that Don isn't re-recording these out of burning desire to give Eagles songs a new artistic reinterpretation. JMHO.

Look on the bright side. At least we're getting a few new songs. Some folks, like Rod Stewart and his five American Songbook compilations, don't even give their fans that.

Plus, it's cool to hear that icons like Dolly Stewart will be appearing. How about "Islands in the Stream"? Speaking of IITS, I imagine Kenny Rogers will be appearing as well, since he discovered Don. At least, I hope he will. I think he's great.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well - I'm not sure what to expect with this. My gut reaction was and still remains that I would be disappointed with an album that primarily consists of covers of country and Eagles songs. I'd just much rather have new material from a songwriter as incredible as Don. However, I guess at this point, all we can do is speculate until we get more info.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Plus, it's cool to hear that icons like Dolly Stewart will be appearing.
    Dolly Stewart?

Open up your eyes take the devil from your mind

I read that post without noticing the slip. Wonder if Dolly's related to Rod Parton.
    Melanie

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I'd bet they are!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I'll admit that I wasn't expecting Don to re-record Eagles songs for his country album, but I'm not disheartened - I'm just excited that we'll be getting some new solo stuff from the man! I'm more than prepared to enjoy the anticipation and hold my opinions until I hear the tracks. It sounds like an exciting project.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

When I first read the interview with Ronnie Dunn it was April 1st & I really thought that it was an April Fool's joke. I had to check on the date that it was posted (March 31) before I thought that there was any merit to it. I agree. I think Don could come up with songs other than Eagles' songs. It doesn't make any sense to me. I'm not looking forward to SBR bing redone, even though I like the artists that are singing it.