Page 226 of 301 FirstFirst ... 126176216222223224225226227228229230236276 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,260 of 3010

Thread: Eagles Mentions in the Press (2006 - 2017)

Banned

Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers
    This person actually thinks the 'legends' of hip-hop should be able to sell out stadiums and big arenas like the Eagles, just because they've been around for a while. He doesn't get that the reason they play in small theaters is because their songs suck. He thinks it's an injustice that they've been dissed. Seriously. He seems to think fans owe them something.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...to-hustle.html
    The Arena tour circuit is a very recent phenomenon. A lot of the legends of the 50s and 60s spent decades touring small venues. Many still do.

Before the Woodstock era, most bands would play just a handful of songs on a multi-act bill. Sometimes on a variety bill.

I remember my jaw hitting the floor when I was watching a re-run of an early 70s, local tv, variety show, The Wheel Tappers And Shunter's Social Club. They had a magician, some acrobats and a comic etc, then Colin Crompton announced '60's American singing legend, Roy Orbison!

Oh Pretty Woman faded away as the credits came up.

The rock legends just got lucky. Right time, right place.

When I first saw the Eagles live, it was a bit odd watching a band performing without a visible lead singer.

Don's enforced solo career during the 80s and the development of the Jumbotron screens during the 90s were major factors in the continued live success of the Eagles and their singing drummer.

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    This person actually thinks the 'legends' of hip-hop should be able to sell out stadiums and big arenas like the Eagles, just because they've been around for a while. He doesn't get that the reason they play in small theaters is because their songs suck. He thinks it's an injustice that they've been dissed. Seriously. He seems to think fans owe them something.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...to-hustle.html
    Yes, and they called the Eagles a "forgettable" band. Really??? The rappers cannot even SING let alone play anything. They are "Legends in their own MIND"

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Wow, the ignorance of that writer is just breathtaking.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Lindsay Buckingham seems to think the Eagles always know what they want and wishes FM could be more like them.

http://somethingelsereviews.com/2015...ey-buckingham/
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Shoot - I keep getting a malware threat when I try to open the site, so I'm reluctant to bypass it until I see if anyone else is having any problems with it. I'd appreciate if others would let me know because I am really interested in reading what Lindsey has to say.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I have Malwarebytes Premium version and it didn't give me a warning when I opened the link.
    VK

I have Webroot software and here's the message I'm getting ...

We recommend that you don't continue to this website because it is reported to contain the following threats:

Suspicious threat:

This is a suspicious site. There is a higher than average probability that you will be exposed to malicious links or payloads.

I love Webroot but I find it does target some sites that other malware does not detect. Better safe than sorry I guess, but if others aren't having a problem, I'll probably trust that it's okay.

And now about the commentary on hip-hop music, the author writes:

These veteran rap icons don’t book huge venues because there just isn’t a large enough audience for their music. And for this, we have radio to thank.
    I have to respectfully disagree with the fine gentleman. There isn't a large enough audience for the music because it doesn't appeal to most people. Thus, it doesn't get radio play. Believe me, if enough people wanted to listen, they would be selling out arenas and be all over the radio - plain and simple.

Sorry, Dreamer, I thought you meant the link for the article on Lindsay Buckingham! Of course, I don't get a warning about the other one, either. Just when you go to ANY of these links, don't click on pictures to make them bigger and don't click on ads or other links. Malware is often embedded in all these things. They pull you in with something legitimate, then tempt you into clicking on something you shouldn't. The sites are usually legitimate but they sell ad space to those who are not.

As for the hip-hop article, as far as I can tell, a main problem is their target audience doesn't really exist. People who are into hip-hop are into the newest thing and not the old thing. People who were fans when they were popular are now at the age group where they have kids and responsibilities and money is tight. Tight enough that they don't want to pay a lot of money for something that no longer comes up to scratch.
    VK

Banned

Lindsay Buckingham seems to think the Eagles always know what they want and wishes FM could be more like them.

http://somethingelsereviews.com/2015...ey-buckingham/
    Lindsay's comments could be posted on the "Dumb things said about the Eagles" thread.

Fleetwood Mac are not one of my favourite bands but I'm pretty sure, despite their struggles, they've produced far more LPs than the Eagles. Even ignoring the pre-Stevie/Lindsay era.

It's probably an advantage to have a drummer who needs a band to drum for. Nowadays, Henley is more of a singer/songwriter than a drummer.

Sorry, Dreamer, I thought you meant the link for the article on Lindsay Buckingham! Of course, I don't get a warning about the other one, either. Just when you go to ANY of these links, don't click on pictures to make them bigger and don't click on ads or other links. Malware is often embedded in all these things. They pull you in with something legitimate, then tempt you into clicking on something you shouldn't. The sites are usually legitimate but they sell ad space to those who are not.

As for the hip-hop article, as far as I can tell, a main problem is their target audience doesn't really exist. People who are into hip-hop are into the newest thing and not the old thing. People who were fans when they were popular are now at the age group where they have kids and responsibilities and money is tight. Tight enough that they don't want to pay a lot of money for something that no longer comes up to scratch.
    Sorry VA - I guess I kinda switched gears on you in my last post. The link I'm getting the malware warning on is the Lindsey Buckingham article. I'm familiar with how malware gets embedded in links, but sometimes if my mouse hovers over a live link even briefly, it will open even if I don't click it, so I have to be really cautious.

And to switch gears again back to to hip-hop article, I agree with what you are saying. But, apparently unlike Eagles fans, for example, those former hip-hop fans who have grown up maybe aren't passing their fandom on to the next generation. I think the bottom line is that hip-hop music just doesn't enjoy the mass appeal that Eagles music does. BTW, I also think the author exaggerated quite a bit to make his point. He listed numerous rock and roll artists that are selling out arenas, when in fact, very few actually do. As we have mentioned in other threads, in order for most rock and rollers to sell out arenas these days, they have to partner with several other acts. I guess it's possible that even if hip-hop artists did the same thing, they still couldn't attract the same numbers as rock and roll acts. To paraphrase what some wise musicians once said 'It's all about song power'!