Page 112 of 175 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1742

Thread: Eagles videos on YouTube or other sites

Border Troubadour

Default Re: Eagles videos on YouTube or other sites

An awful lot of retro footage from the very beginning of HOTE looks like it was taken that night - for example, Joe wears the same Illinois shirt throughout and their hair and general appearance of most of them is identical. There's a lot of behind the scenes stuff like the curtain being lifted and them messing about in a rehearsal, so I'm not sure why they would go to all that length to film throughout the day then only film half of the actual production. Seems like a half-baked job. From what I can tell BOML was the final song that night, not TIE [1], so the film has been manipulated to some degree.

[1] - They leave the stage far too rapidly for TIE to be the last song, plus there is footage (and a really famous photo too I believe) of them all standing together to take a bow, Henley wearing an acoustic guitar. I know of no other song that Henley played guitar on back in the HC-era, so can only assume it's for BOML.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thelastresort View Post
    An awful lot of retro footage from the very beginning of HOTE looks like it was taken that night - for example, Joe wears the same Illinois shirt throughout and their hair and general appearance of most of them is identical. There's a lot of behind the scenes stuff like the curtain being lifted and them messing about in a rehearsal, so I'm not sure why they would go to all that length to film throughout the day then only film half of the actual production. Seems like a half-baked job. From what I can tell BOML was the final song that night, not TIE [1], so the film has been manipulated to some degree.

[1] - They leave the stage far too rapidly for TIE to be the last song, plus there is footage (and a really famous photo too I believe) of them all standing together to take a bow, Henley wearing an acoustic guitar. I know of no other song that Henley played guitar on back in the HC-era, so can only assume it's for BOML.
    Like I said, they didn't film the entire concert.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Border Troubadour

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    Like I said, they didn't film the entire concert.
    I know, I was just stating how odd that is. From what I saw in HOTE they easily had enough non-concert footage to make it into some kind of ultimate guide to a 70s rock concert and how it all came together. To do all that and then only film about half (I'm guessing they would perform about 16 songs, roughly 90s mins as per the bootlegs from around then) of the actual show just seems a bit, well, bizarre.

Banned

My favourite group Genesis had a very visual stage show throughout their long career. They pioneered the vari-lights and jumbo-tron screens that have enabled the whole arena tour industry to thrive. Unlike the Eagles, they were always on TV, always on the radio, bootlegs galore etc

They first released a video of one of their shows in 1982 and have subsequently done the same with every tour since but that first video included long segments of boring back stage footage interspersed with the actual stage performance. It's pointless and it ruins the document.

They said, at the time, nobody believed that anyone would sit through a video of a whole show without any breaks.

I can see why they wouldn't contemplate filming a whole show but as the 8 Eagles tracks on the DVD are from the start, middle and end of an Eagles show, I find it hard to believe that the cameras weren't running for, if not the whole show then at least a lot more than the 8 tracks they've parted with.

Hell Freezes Over 2 will be when the Eagles realize that YouTube is their friend.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Am I misremembering or didn't Joe say in one of the recent Australian interviews that they discovered an entire concert that they had forgotten all about, which turned out to be the D.C. show? Of course, Joe could have been speaking figuratively, but I always assumed that there was some major editing down of the DVD with the different sequencing of songs being so different from their normal set lists at that time.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    My favourite group Genesis had a very visual stage show throughout their long career. They pioneered the vari-lights and jumbo-tron screens that have enabled the whole arena tour industry to thrive. Unlike the Eagles, they were always on TV, always on the radio, bootlegs galore etc

They first released a video of one of their shows in 1982 and have subsequently done the same with every tour since but that first video included long segments of boring back stage footage interspersed with the actual stage performance. It's pointless and it ruins the document.

They said, at the time, nobody believed that anyone would sit through a video of a whole show without any breaks.

I can see why they wouldn't contemplate filming a whole show but as the 8 Eagles tracks on the DVD are from the start, middle and end of an Eagles show, I find it hard to believe that the cameras weren't running for, if not the whole show then at least a lot more than the 8 tracks they've parted with.

Hell Freezes Over 2 will be when the Eagles realize that YouTube is their friend.
    I must not have been clear! It wasn't the start, middle, and end of the show. They did all 8 songs at once, then left the stage totally. At the concert my friend was at, it was a long time before they came back out, I guess the crowd worried they weren't coming back out. When they came back out, they did the rest of the show, sans cameras. He was there, perhaps he's not remembering it correctly, but he hadn't seen the DVD or movie on Showtime when I asked him about it. He told me all that and remembered 6 of the 8 songs. (He would not have told me if he'd been high as a kite, of course, and not able to remember...)

Dreamer, I would bet there may have been more that didn't meet the standards of the band even though they filmed over two nights.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Border Troubadour

I'm fairly certain when Joe says the firecracker line he is holding a Tele, Felder a Strat and Glenn is on his Old Black. None of the eight songs use that combination of guitars so that must have been filmed at some other point...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    I must not have been clear! It wasn't the start, middle, and end of the show. They did all 8 songs at once, then left the stage totally. At the concert my friend was at, it was a long time before they came back out, I guess the crowd worried they weren't coming back out. When they came back out, they did the rest of the show, sans cameras. He was there, perhaps he's not remembering it correctly, but he hadn't seen the DVD or movie on Showtime when I asked him about it. He told me all that and remembered 6 of the 8 songs. (He would not have told me if he'd been high as a kite, of course, and not able to remember...)

Dreamer, I would bet there may have been more that didn't meet the standards of the band even though they filmed over two nights.
    Sorry VAisForEagleLovers, I wasn't being clear. I'm doubting the accuracy of your friends memory. It'd be feasible for the band to film 8 tracks then come out and do a full show but not the (arguably) 8 best tracks followed by a second set of lesser tracks, plus the footage, as thelastresort cannily suggests, doesn't appear continuous.

Thank you very much for posting your friends comments VAisForEagleLovers but I think the Eagles could've released more live footage if they wanted to but for some reason chose not to.

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    Sorry VAisForEagleLovers, I wasn't being clear. I'm doubting the accuracy of your friends memory. It'd be feasible for the band to film 8 tracks then come out and do a full show but not the (arguably) 8 best tracks followed by a second set of lesser tracks, plus the footage, as thelastresort cannily suggests, doesn't appear continuous.

Thank you very much for posting your friends comments VAisForEagleLovers but I think the Eagles could've released more live footage if they wanted to but for some reason chose not to.
    I too doubt very much what VAisForEagleLovers' friend said. They would be virtually the ONLY rock band that I've ever heard of do that with a paying audience. I believe it was video tapped and not recorded to film. Meaning it wouldn't cost more to capture the whole thing. Also, Joe's guitar during the firecracker moment is a real clue. They are such perfectionists that I believe they pulled their favorite songs from a whole concert and don't want us to see anything that isn't absolutely perfect.

Wintertime is a razor blade that the devil made
    It's the price we pay for the summertime - J.W. '69

Border Troubadour

WatchMojo's Top 10 Eagles songs: note they base it on commercial success and fan's favourites so don't expect anything other than the singles and trite analysis...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujsVjufMLjM