Page 259 of 273 FirstFirst ... 159209249255256257258259260261262263269 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,590 of 2722

Thread: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Re: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

[please excuse me if this question has already been covered - I did search this thread but didn't find it]

In Part 1, what is the film footage being shown of the band playing when their debut album is being discussed? It's not the BBC performance, but it looks like the same time period - possibly a filmed rehearsal? The boys perform Silver Dagger [when talking about Glyn Johns deciding he wanted to work with them because of their remarkable harmonic vocal blend], PEF and Witchy Woman.

The other bit looks like a television show performance. The band is playing Tequila Sunrise; in the background are large wooden wheels.

Thank you!

Stuck on the Border

Silver Dagger is from the 1973 BBC In Concert. There are also some clips from a dutch tv show also recorded in 1973 (there's a kind of semi-circle of lights behind them. The version of "How Long" that Glenn's kids saw on youtube was also from this). I believe Tequila Sunrise is from an appearance on The Helen Reddy Show (I remember asking about that one).

Woah - they were on the Helen Reddy show?! Holy 70s flashback. I have to see that someday.

I have the BBC performance but I thought the footage in the doc looked different. I'll watch it again.

Thanks, UnderTheWire!

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Today (and tomorrow) is the anniversary of when they filmed the concert at the Capital Centre in DC, that came as part of the DVD set. I was going back through this thread to look for screen captures to post on Facebook and got lost in all the discussions! It took so much time that I thought it would be faster to find the non Blu-Ray version and put it in my computer and take my own screen captures. I'll add that Take It To The Limit sounds awesome even in fast-forward mode!

VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Border Desperado SilverAcidRayne's Avatar

are there any of these concerts on you tube? i'm in the mood to watch a couple

Border Troubadour

The Seattle bootleg from the OOTN tour is here: http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTUzNjE1MzQw.html

Quote Originally Posted by GlennLover View Post
    I seem to remember seeing them do Tequila Sunrise on that set, but I could be wrong. I'll have to look at some of the clips I've saved over the years to see if I can find it.
    They must have done two songs on the Helen Reddy Show because there are also photos of Glenn playing an electric guitar (in addition to the stills of him with the acoustic for TS).

Border Desperado SilverAcidRayne's Avatar

Default History of the Eagles

so i'm watching this for the 12th time. and it's more entertaining since i fell in love with the band and their music. VERY informative

Default Re: History of the Eagles

it is very entertaining and informative indeed, please join the conversation in the History of the Eagles -thread

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: History of the Eagles

Yep - I agree on both counts. Feel free to share your thoughts on the documentary, SAR. But, since we have a lengthy thread on it already, it will get confusing having another one - therefore, if you don't mind, I'll merge the two.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016