Thread: Fan mail to the Eagles

Border Desperado SoaringRockyMountainWay's Avatar

Default Fan mail to the Eagles

I tried sending a letter to the Eagles when HOTE first came out but I still haven't gotten any response. When I went to their concert in Detroit, I gave another letter to a guy with a back stage pass and he said he would give it to them. I haven't gotten a response from that either. Maybe I shouldn't be expecting them to answer but has anyone else tried to send them fan mail?
    People talking about us they got nothing else to do. When it all comes down we will still come through in the long run.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Fan mail to the Eagles

Yeah - I'm afraid that you probably won't get a response to your fan mail, SRMW. Some band members will occasionally acknowledge appreciation to fans in a public forum, however, I don't recall ever hearing of anyone getting a personal reply to fan mail from a band member in recent years. However, when we saw Glenn at Pebble Beach, he did thank Soda, PLS, and me for the thank-you letters we sent him. So, that, at least, proves that he reads and appreciates them. Don has also declared his appreciation and said he is saving many of his fan letters for his kids to have when they get older.

So, bottom line, is that although you may not get a reply, I do think that the band members read and appreciate fans who take the time to write them.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I sent Glenn a card and a few live pics that I had taken of him in London for his 60th birthday. I didn't expect or get a reply. I'm sure these guys get tons of mail every year. It would be impossible for them to reply to them all so it's quite possible they have a policy of replying to none. If he actually got and read the card I'm happy.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Border Troubadour

I sent Don a letter but didn't get a reply. Would like to think that he read it though so the above reflection from IABAD makes me feel better~ maybe he'll keep it and show his kids (and tell them that a mad woman from Ireland loves him!!).

...Am trying to stay calm but ONE MORE NIGHT...
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    I sent Glenn a card and a few live pics that I had taken of him in London for his 60th birthday. I didn't expect or get a reply. I'm sure these guys get tons of mail every year. It would be impossible for them to reply to them all so it's quite possible they have a policy of replying to none. If he actually got and read the card I'm happy.
    I didn't send any photos but I sent a card & letter for his 60th & also did not expect or receive a reply.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

DD,

STAY CALM and think

EAGLES!!!!!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Border Desperado SoaringRockyMountainWay's Avatar

Thanks guys. It makes me feel better that they might have at least seen it.
    People talking about us they got nothing else to do. When it all comes down we will still come through in the long run.

I sent a card to Randy, didn't expect a reply, but hopeful he read it to know that there are millions who love and appreciate the great music he and the other guys made during the 70's. Keeps your heart warm to think they may have read it.

DD- Hang on now and remember don't passout, not yet!! And certainly not before you get awesome pictures to put on the board.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

What's a good address for Randy?

I'm assuming this address is only good for current Eagles:
    Eagles Touring Company (ETC)
    1100 Glendon Avenue, Suite 2000
    Los Angeles, CA 90024

Banned

I remember a guy on the other Eagles board getting a wonderful birthday surprise of a personal note from Joe, "How Ya Doin'", after his wife sent a stamped, self-addressed envelope, along with the birthday request, to Joe, care of one of the venues, the Eagles were scheduled to play.
    Last edited by Funk 50; 02-21-2015 at 07:12 AM.