Page 105 of 145 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1443

Thread: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Amen Dawn. And yeah, we Eagles fans who "accept no substitutes" should have a hashtag of our own, shouldn't we, in the style of the angry Fleetwood Mac fans' #ISTANDWITHLINDSEY and #BOYCOTTFLEETWOODMAC? There's a lot of "N"s in the middle but it gets the point across! #NOGLENNNOEAGLES
    Absolutely.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

And in their latest show they apparently did Deep In The Heart Of Texas. That is not even a rock song (wouldn't La Grange or even China Grove be more appropriate for Texas - someone had suggested Talking To The Moon. What's that *Sarcasm alert)? Is this their new schtick, to do novelty songs vaguely associated with each city or state? They are getting more cartoonish by the day. Perhaps those of us who are against this should study their tour dates & try & guess which song they'll choose for each city. It might be a bit of fun in a strange, sad way.
    Last edited by Freypower; 06-24-2018 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    And in their latest show they apparently did Deep In The Heart Of Texas. That is not even a rock song (wouldn't La Grange or even China Grove be more appropriate for Texas - someone had suggested Talking To The Moon. What's that *Sarcasm alert)? Is this their new schtick, to do novelty songs vaguely associated with each city or state? They are getting more cartoonish by the day. Perhaps those of us who are against this should study their tour dates & try & guess which song they'll choose for each city. It might be a bit of fun in a strange, sad way.
    I think it's partly Vince. And yes, rock songs are more appropriate.

Regardless of their past, the Eagles are and have been a rock band. They've put their soft country days behind them other than playing those hits from that era. They moved forward with Walsh and Felder by getting rid of Leadon. Now it seems with Vince's influence, they want to play old timey country or otherwise non-rock songs. That makes me want to vomit. I hate that music. I want to hear rock and roll, and I'm willing to stomach hearing those early hits off of LP and Desperado to hear the stuff I like, if I have to like I did on the HOTE tour. The country music I like is the new stuff, more southern rock or RNB/EDM inspired.

I don't know who's idea it really was, but that is who I'm betting on.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

Perhaps playing those songs (and Vince's solo songs) helps keep the Eagles songs alive - which is the reason they're touring.
    Last edited by chaim; 06-25-2018 at 03:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    Perhaps playing those songs (and Vince's solo songs) helps keep the Eagles songs alive - which is the reason they're touring.

So true. Gotta keep those songs alive ya'll. Because after they quit in 1980 all the way until 1994, no one ever heard them again or thought of them. They ceased to exist until they decided to bring out the defibrillator and revive them.

Spare me.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

"Eleven songs into the Eagles concert at a full Smoothie King Center on Wednesday night, the late Glenn Frey materialized on the stage’s LED-screen backdrop. His 25-year-old son, Deacon, had just finished filling in his lead vocals on “Peaceful Easy Feeling.” In the photo, Glenn smiled warmly, as if signaling both approval and pride."

And there you have it.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Emotional manipulation 100% successful.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Emotional manipulation 100% successful.
    Fait Accompli

Stuck on the Border

IMO their intentions behind showing a picture of Glenn after Deacon has sung PEF can still be pure (as easily as they may not be), but it would be naive to think that Glenn would approve just because they show his smiling face.
    Last edited by chaim; 06-25-2018 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    IMO their intentions about showing a picture of Glenn after Deacon has sung PEF can still be pure (as easily as they may not be), but it would naive to think that Glenn would approve just because they show his smiling face.
    Sadly I can't think of a better way to capitalize on the moment.