Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Soda - thank you

Out on the Border

Default Re: Soda - thank you

I want to thank you as well. Even though I've never posted before, I've visited this site many times & enjoyed the posts, pictures & thoughts. Glenn was my favorite Eagle & this was the place to go these past weeks. I'm sure there are many others like me that haven't participated before so I just wanted you to know we are out there.

I'm a little late in saying this, but Soda - You rock!

Thanks for giving us fans a place to come the last few weeks. As soon as I heard about Glenn, I headed straight over here. I couldn't even get the site to load for almost two days. That speaks volumes to what you have created here and shared with all of us. Thanks for giving us a place to gather (virtually), and share our thought and feelings with others who understand.

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

Thank you Soda - you and Dreamer have done a great job in the last few weeks keeping this place running smoothly in what has been a very difficult time for us Eagles fans. It's little things like seeing the Rolling Stones on the newspaper cover and knowing that where Mick and Keith can still stand together, Glenn and Don cannot. You have helped us immensely even as you have had to deal with this terrible shock yourselves.

When I heard the tragic news on the morning of 19 January (I went to bed before it came through) I immediately thought of everyone on The Border but had to keep it at the back of my mind until later that day as I had to take an exam paper. As soon as I was finished I went straight onto this forum and read all the comments in the memorial thread before gathering my thoughts together and posting on here, before spending most of the evening reading other tributes to him.

Thanks guys. This place has helped me as much as it's helped my users. Creating these sites and The Border was one of the best things I've ever done. It was all for Glenn. He brought us all together.

Glenn - thank you.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

you so rock!!!

I would never had had an outlet for my grief. My husband kept saying "its just a band" or "people die"

he just didn't understand.

You all did

Border Desperado

I apologize for my tardiness in posting something in this thread. Thank you so much for doing what you do. The Border is a wonderful, supportive environment for hard core (and even the not so hard core) Eagles fans. I also love the huge amount of history you have gathered. Whenever I have a chance, I enjoy finding gems in the old threads.

Out on the Border TequilaSunrise82's Avatar

I agree with all of the above sentiments. This site has become my little sanctuary and I don't know what I'd do without it. Not to mention all the things I've learned about the Eagles and Glenn since discovering it. It is truly a gem.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I totally agree with everyone too. Thanks Soda for this and I love being able to talk to other fans and learn more things about them.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Yes, thank you for a great place to talk, reminisce and love the Eagles and all their talents.

So Put Me On A Highway And Show Me A Sign
    And Take It To The Limit One More Time..............

As a newbie who was deeply shocked and saddened by the news of Glenn's passing I can't thank Soda enough for all she does (and team of awesome moderators) to keep this wonderful place up and running. We know Glenn fought a brave battle to stay alive and it breaks my heart the doctors ran out of options. When his fans say they'll never forget him they aren't exaggerating - it's a solemn promise.

With sincere appreciation,

Dawn