Page 64 of 92 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874 ... LastLast

Thread: Don Felder in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Don Felder in the Press/Blogs/etc.

(Again I want to clarify that personally I'm not afraid to give my opinion when I reply to someone's post, but I have usually been the one who has started the negative discussions about Felder.)

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    I like how you left out the bulk of message where I have exact reasons (and valid ones at that) why I said something to you. It's because you were purposefully trying to mess with peoples emotions and stir them up. For as long as you've been on here, you stir things up all the time and it gets old. 'Nuff said.

Border Desperado

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Eagles7, while I empathize with what you and others are saying, this would create a very precarious situation. Perhaps without intending it, you are basically asking for a place where you can post your opinion but others can’t respond with theirs. As I said in another thread, if you want to post your opinion here, then you must be prepared for other members to disagree and challenge what you write. While we ask our members to be respectful when stating an opinion and avoid personal attacks, I really don’t think it’s fair to ask them not to respond to comments they want to discuss on a message board.
    Dreamer, I believe the other day that Soda had mentioned the possibility of starting a thread called something like, "Positive things about Don Felder", where those of us could post freely without having to deal with constant negative comments. It was posted a few days ago under the Former Eagles Will Not Be Honoured at the KCH thread. I don't know if that deal is still on the table or not.

Thx.

Out on the Border ambulance girl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VillageGirl View Post
    Dreamer, I believe the other day that Soda had mentioned the possibility of starting a thread called something like, "Positive things about Don Felder", where those of us could post freely without having to deal with constant negative comments. It was posted a few days ago under the Former Eagles Will Not Be Honoured at the KCH thread. I don't know if that deal is still on the table or not.

Thx.
    I would love that!!

Sorry guys, I have been sick AGAIN these past few days (not pneumonia again, but a side effect of the anti-biotics they believe - but I won't bore you with those details). As such, I have not started the thread yet, but I will. It's going to be positive all around. No negativity about anything or anyone.

I did like something chaim brought up, though, that I think a lot of people don't really take into consideration.... most of the threads in this forum are quite positive. The new EP discussion is the most recent example. It just seems that a lot of the Felder fans who post in this thread and other controversial threads don't post in positive threads like those for whatever reason.

We'll see how the 100% positivity thread goes. I've never done anything like this before and honestly I'm wondering if people will really be able to resist saying anything negative about anyone. This is the internet, after all. We'll consider it an experiment. I'm hoping for the best, though! I'll start it soon but I have to write up the ground rules.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Sorry guys, I have been sick AGAIN these past few days (not pneumonia again, but a side effect of the anti-biotics they believe - but I won't bore you with those details). As such, I have not started the thread yet, but I will. It's going to be positive all around. No negativity about anything or anyone.

I did like something chaim brought up, though, that I think a lot of people don't really take into consideration.... most of the threads in this forum are quite positive. The new EP discussion is the most recent example. It just seems that a lot of the Felder fans who post in this thread and other controversial threads don't post in positive threads like those for whatever reason.

We'll see how the 100% positivity thread goes. I've never done anything like this before and honestly I'm wondering if people will really be able to resist saying anything negative about anyone. This is the internet, after all. We'll consider it an experiment. I'm hoping for the best, though! I'll start it soon but I have to write up the ground rules.
    Get well soon!

Actually, something I thought of is that maybe this is an idea of something to do in each band member section of the positives for each member of the band. Of course it's just an idea but that might actually be an active thread, but IDK.

We could either make a list of things we like about said member, and then discuss them or just talk about them in a positive light, or both. Keep the things we don't like about them or more controversial things for other threads.

Again, like you said, it is the internet and will it work, who knows. Just a fleeting idea and something I thought about. We have some threads like that where there is a thread in each member section (like the rate 10 top tracks, etc). Might work.

Stuck on the Border

It's not a bad idea to have a "What I love/like" thread for each member and the band as a whole. It would be a place to share what you like and perhaps get those who are less keen to look at that band member in a fresh way. One rule should be to not say anything derogatory about other band members as that might prompt defence and arguments and derail the thread.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    VG-

I'd just like the board going forward to become a drama-free zone and that we respect all members and we refrain from nasty comments to one another OR that we attack members. Again folks, we all share at least one common interest. Let's stick to that. And I'm talking to everyone who bashes anyone here, including me.

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    I like how you left out the bulk of message where I have exact reasons (and valid ones at that) why I said something to you. It's because you were purposefully trying to mess with peoples emotions and stir them up. For as long as you've been on here, you stir things up all the time and it gets old. 'Nuff said.

Sorry to be off topic but i'm having to defend myself against speculative, scurrilous accusations.

I have a problem with Eagles fans praising Felder when, in my opinion, he's done a lot to damage the reputation of the band.

Well, there are a whole lot of Felder/Eagles fans who praise him so you may have a big problem. Yes, there are some detractors but the Eagles are still well-loved. Few successful bands endure over the years with their reputations unscathed. What I've noticed is that non-fans, especially younger folks (Millennials), have a problem with the brand, not so much the band. I don't think it's fair to blame that on Don.
    Last edited by Delilah; 10-25-2016 at 04:56 PM.

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Gnrguy View Post
    Care to explain how? It seems reading comprehension is extremely difficult for you, my apologies.

I didnt need to be so nasty, my apologies. I've just been a fan of gnr for a long time and was there for a lot of it. My opinions about axl are just that, as are yours

Cheers