Page 120 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1480

Thread: Fleetwood Mac

Default Re: Fleetwood Mac

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    I personally am only interested in the Buckingham Nicks era material. More soft rock type stuff. So the fact they are playing the Peter Green-era material and other early stuff doesn't affect me at all. I'm sure Mike Campbell likes it though because that's up his alley. It will be curious to hear Mike playing Lindsey's licks. I want to see if he can do it and have it sound close. Lindsey has one of the most unique guitar styles in the history of rock, and Mike plays a flatpick and mostly blues rock type style. Lindsey seemed to have other influences. I love his style.
    I’m also interested to see how Lindsey’s parts sound with Mike Campbell. Lindsey is probably my favorite guitarist ever, I find his style so unique and interesting

Banned

Cool Re: Fleetwood Mac (Trivia Department)

Lindsey Buckingham almost never uses a pick - he finger-picks everything (including his nose, but that's a bit too personal).

So, before one show, back there in the 2000's, somebody suggested that he throw a few picks out to the audience, like a lot of guitarists do.

"Ummm, I don't have any," Buckingham said. "But maybe I can throw something else."

What he threw was pieces of red licorice. Kinda strange to see these red things flying through the air, people leaping up, trying to catch them. And then, as people were leaving, some of them were still clutching their airborne souvenir.

"You're not gonna eat that thing?"

"Hell no - I'm gonna keep it FOREVER!"

Just another night in the wonderful world of rocknroll...

Default Re: Fleetwood Mac (Trivia Department)

Quote Originally Posted by peneumbra View Post
    Lindsey Buckingham almost never uses a pick - he finger-picks everything (including his nose, but that's a bit too personal).

So, before one show, back there in the 2000's, somebody suggested that he throw a few picks out to the audience, like a lot of guitarists do.

"Ummm, I don't have any," Buckingham said. "But maybe I can throw something else."

What he threw was pieces of red licorice. Kinda strange to see these red things flying through the air, people leaping up, trying to catch them. And then, as people were leaving, some of them were still clutching their airborne souvenir.

"You're not gonna eat that thing?"

"Hell no - I'm gonna keep it FOREVER!"

Just another night in the wonderful world of rocknroll...
    LOL. As long as it didn't hit the floor I'd probably eat it. I'm a sucker for red licorice. Some people love chocolate. I love lollipops and red licorice and popsicles with cherry flavor. I like cherry flavor in sodas too.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Banned

Cool Re: Fleetwood Mac

I've been very depressed since they stopped make Red Ropes - the solid (not hollow) - red licorice. I just don't know what this world is coming to...

Quote Originally Posted by peneumbra View Post
    I've been very depressed since they stopped make Red Ropes - the solid (not hollow) - red licorice. I just don't know what this world is coming to...
    I remember eating one at a rodeo once. I loved it.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

I submitted a paper to a conference that takes place right after Fleetwood Mac's opening night, within driving distance. If the paper gets accepted, since I'll be up there anyway, I might go ahead and see them. I hate how they've treated Lindsey, and the show will not be anywhere near as good without him, but as long as Mick and John are there, it's still Fleetwood Mac. Not a Fleetwood Mac worth a VIP package, not a Fleetwood Mac worth a plane trip, not a Fleetwood Mac worth multiple shows, but Fleetwood Mac nonetheless. I guess I'll go to one show.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I submitted a paper to a conference that takes place right after Fleetwood Mac's opening night, within driving distance. If the paper gets accepted, since I'll be up there anyway, I might go ahead and see them. I hate how they've treated Lindsey, and the show will not be anywhere near as good without him, but as long as Mick and John are there, it's still Fleetwood Mac. Not a Fleetwood Mac worth a VIP package, not a Fleetwood Mac worth a plane trip, not a Fleetwood Mac worth multiple shows, but Fleetwood Mac nonetheless. I guess I'll go to one show.
    Don't know if this is accurate but I read on a FM discussion forum it's $600 for a meet and greet with Mick Fleetwood.

I don't know anyone who is interested in seeing the band with or without LB so it will be interesting to hear your first hand impressions, especially opening night.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Yeah, and the M&G doesn't even include a ticket. Good luck with that, Mick.

I think I'm going to get a cheap seat this time.

I hear they're going to do "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around" in honor of Tom Petty, with Mike Campbell. Only problem is that it's not a Mac song. It will probably be prefaced by a lengthy story where Stevie tells us all about how traumatized she was by Tom Petty's death. While I feel for her for the loss of her friend, she already has talked so much about how this has affected her, how upsetting it was, how it changed her perspective, etc., it's beginning to take on the unfortunate tone of "Let's make this about me."

They're also apparently going to do "Don't Dream It's Over." A few people joked if they added more Neil Whatshisname songs it might better named Mick's All-Starr Band.

I don't give a hoot about these guys covering ancient Mac songs. The best I can hope for in that regard is a good Christine track other than "Why" (I adore "Why", but it can't be done better than it was with Lindsey). She has some good older ones like "Believe Me" and "Did You Ever Love Me". They could do the better Welch songs like "Sentimental Lady" and "Lay It All Down" (again, "Hypnotized" was already done too well by Lindsey for them to successfully attempt it), but they've not indicated they'll do those, instead talking all about the older stuff.

Their English Blues period is just not my thing, with the obvious exception of "Oh Well". There's a few other good ones like "Stop Messin 'Round", "Black Magic Woman", and "Love That Burns" but most of them all sound the same and some are downright boring. "Albatross" is good but won't play well live. Still, the English Blues period is all they seem to care about... what I care least about.

If Stevie doesn't do a rarity of her own from the Mac catalog, something I haven't heard before, then I really will have thrown my money away.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

The curiosity factor alone makes it worthwhile, depending on the ticket prices. I just can't imagine how Neil Finn is going to fit into the ensemble. As talented as he is, he's neither a guitar virtuoso nor a bluesman. We shall see. They must have chosen him for his tenor voice, being approximately in Lindsey's range.

Stuck on the Border

FWM's concert is being heavily advertised here in the NY/NJ Metro area. I believe(but am not sure) they are playing at MSG & the Prudential Center. Curious as to how much the tickets will be since there is no Lindsey.

I would never pay $600 for a meet and greet with Mick. What a rip off !