Page 95 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105 ... LastLast

Thread: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Wow.

So this tour is not only an insult to Glenn figuratively, it's led to literal insults of Glenn on a regular basis.

From the beginning, though, it's been necessary for them to diminish him in order to build themselves up; they do it implicitly while others do it explicitly.

And that is strange that not one snide comment has been made in any of these reviews about the Eagles or Don Henley. Usually, at least a few of the reviews have to get a dig in or two about the band being too corporate/greedy or have to inject that stupid Lebowski reference, regardless of how well the music is played.

Odd.
    Yep. Someone awhile back was upset that I or maybe someone else called these reviewers shameful. But that's exactly what they are and I call it like I see it.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Something interesting... over on the Fleetwood Mac boards, people are saying that the "Eagles" shows they've been to this year actually have been far from sold out. One person said "60% capacity." Another person said the box office saleslady told him they had "tons" of $250 seats left, although the cheap seats were sold out.

They're still making money hand over fist because of the prices they're charging... but apparently, when it comes to the number of tickets sold, it's not quite as successful as they would have us believe.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Had Glenn written a book telling his story of the Eagles I’m sure the bad reviews wouldn’t exist (or at least there wouldn’t be as many). Since Felder’s book is the only detailed personal story of the band, many people in the media base it off of that. In the book Felder does refer to Don and Glenn as bullies, but his book is more focused on Glenn that Don, so that’s probably why. It’s totally unfair for them to do that but I can see why they think that way.

I wonder if the press's negative treatment of Glenn goes back a long way - back to his statement against the New York Dolls on stage in NYC in 1973 and his dislike of Rolling Stone. Of course, that's assuming that today's reviewers even know about that.

Border Desperado

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Something interesting... over on the Fleetwood Mac boards, people are saying that the "Eagles" shows they've been to this year actually have been far from sold out. One person said "60% capacity." Another person said the box office saleslady told him they had "tons" of $250 seats left, although the cheap seats were sold out.

They're still making money hand over fist because of the prices they're charging... but apparently, when it comes to the number of tickets sold, it's not quite as successful as they would have us believe.
    I did notice that about a week before the Lexington show, there were probably a few hundred or more upper deck seats for 49.50 available.
    We toyed with the idea of going, but just didn't have the heart. If my wife had been on board, I may have gave it a go, but she was sort of like, "Glenn was my favorite, and he's not there, so I could care less"

Border Desperado

There are bunches of tickets left for tomorrow night's show in Raleigh
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by groupie2686 View Post
    I wonder if the press's negative treatment of Glenn goes back a long way - back to his statement against the New York Dolls on stage in NYC in 1973 and his dislike of Rolling Stone. Of course, that's assuming that today's reviewers even know about that.
    No credible, reputable music critic is going to take mean, nasty shots like the ones reportedly aimed at Glenn Frey. They may not like him and that's perfectly okay but he has nothing to do with the new lineup's show or performance. The attacks against Glenn personally are just that -- Personal -- and say MORE about the person making them (e.g. ignorant, petty, insecure) then they ever could about Glenn Frey. I mean seriously, talk about shameless.
    Last edited by Dawn; 04-17-2018 at 01:07 AM.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Thanks BB, appreciate the info!

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    No credible, reputable music critic is going to take mean, nasty shots like the ones reportedly aimed at Glenn Frey. They may not like him and that's perfectly okay but he has nothing to do with the new lineup's show or performance. The attacks against Glenn personally are just that .. Personal attacks ... and say MORE about the person making them then they do about Glenn Frey.

Adding to the suspicion that they are not genuine reviews, but have been deliberately written by somebody with an agenda.

As for all the old stuff about the New York Dolls, Rolling Stone & Felder's book there is enough similar ammunition which could be directed against Henley if 'reviewers' felt so inclined.

The point is if there a 'review' it is supposed to set out the good AND the bad, and not just follow some predetermined message. That's how it was in the past. The continuing lack of any negativiity in any of these reviews except for that which is increasingly being directed at Glenn is quite obvious.

Border Desperado

I very seldom read entertainment reviews of any kind. Personally, I don't care for them. Maybe someone who is more familiar can answer my question. Have there always been reviewers who will write nothing but positive reviews for music groups if the price is right or is this a new trend?