Page 115 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1480

Thread: Fleetwood Mac

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Fleetwood Mac

Quote Originally Posted by longtimeeaglesfan View Post
    I agree. They are oversimplified/exaggerated to more clearly illustrate how I see the two situations differently. The realities are more complex and I can understand that others have a different perspective.

Money is no doubt a motivator although maybe to a lesser extent with some of the players than others in terms of them needing the cash. That doesn't by itself make what either of them are doing "wrong" or less honorable. I believe money was a motivating factor for Glenn and was also a large part of why they chose Walmart to distribute LROOE. "They gave us the best chance to sell the most records and they're also going to pay us more than anybody else would pay us."
    ltef - No one ever said that money wasn't a motivating factor for Glenn, but there is plenty of evidence that it was not the motivating factor for him. He walked away from millions of dollars on more than one occasion. In any event, I'm not sure what the purpose of re-debating whether the band did the right thing to continue the Eagles serves. So, in order to keep this thread on topic, I would suggest we agree to disagree. But, if you really feel a need to rehash it over again, then go to the Eagles 2018 Tour debate thread and post there. I will be happy to respond in more detail over there.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Border Desperado longtimeeaglesfan's Avatar

Back to the subject at hand, Billy Burnette, one of the guys who replaced LB back in 1987 and who leaked that LB was out back on April 4, said on his FB page that he has since apologized to Mick Fleetwood for what he said and that his apology was accepted and they are "all good."

I saw Billy at the Buckingham McVie concert in Nashville back in June last year. I look forward to LB solo tour when he decides to go out. I like his current rendition of "Never Going Back Again." which may take on new meaning now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    ltef - No one ever said that money wasn't a motivating factor for Glenn, but there is plenty of evidence that it was not the motivating factor for him. He walked away from millions of dollars on more than one occasion. In any event, I'm not sure what the purpose of re-debating whether the band did the right thing to continue the Eagles serves. So, in order to keep this thread on topic, I would suggest we agree to disagree. But, if you really feel a need to rehash it over again, then go to the Eagles 2018 Tour debate thread and post there. I will be happy to respond in more detail over there.
    Agreed wholeheartedly Dreamer.
    Last edited by WalshFan88; 04-12-2018 at 07:55 PM.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by longtimeeaglesfan View Post
    I disagree with you that the Eagles denied fans a chance to remember the Eagles as they were - they had the HOTE tour which allowed their fans to see them as they were plus the bonus addition of Bernie Leadon. In the case of FM, they had stated that they would be having this tour in 2018 which their fans totally expected to include Lindsey Buckingham.

I will preface this by saying in no uncertain terms that I believe the death of Glenn Frey is certainly more devastating than any firing.

The reason I think it is more acceptable to tour after a death is that they couldn't possibly tour with the deceased member and they are simply moving forward with the best alternative. In the case of a firing, they totally controlled the member's absence, and any replacement is less than what they could have had and what most fans would prefer.

I don't think I am assuming too much to think that FM fans would be less upset with this new lineup touring at some point if LB had died versus them touring after his firing. I'm pretty sure they would be more distraught over his death than his firing but there wouldn't be the animosity that there is now towards the remaining FM members. I'm sure there would be some fans that would say that they should not tour at all if LB had died, but I think they would be fewer in number than those upset with what is happening now..
    I agree with many of your points. There seems to be tremendous backlash against FM over willfully kicking Lindsey out of the band that is much greater than the reaction about the Eagles continuing on without Glenn, whose death was something beyond the band’s control.

Of course there is also a timing issue; FM announces that LB is leaving the band then immediately announces the new additions. The news about the Eagles going forward occurred more than a year after Glenn died.

Will it affect ticket sales for FM? Probably, to some extent. But there is enough curiosity about and affection for Mike Campbell and Neil Finn that it might work out.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

No matter what spin FM, their agent, promoters & others try to put on this foul deed it still stinks.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    No matter what spin FM, their agent, promoters & others try to put on this foul deed it still stinks.

What if Lindsey is the Villain and not Stevie?]

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.73c637e5cafd[

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Will it affect ticket sales for FM? Probably, to some extent. But there is enough curiosity about and affection for Mike Campbell and Neil Finn that it might work out.
    I don't think it will be curiosity / affection re: Campbell and Finn so much as the strength of the Fleetwood Mac brand and the power of nostalgia. I think they'll still sell as long as they have Stevie. Will they sell as much as they would have otherwise? That's hard to say.... I don't think so, but then again, the "Eagles" did, so who knows. Regardless, I bet they will still sell well.

My own circle of friends with whom I travel to see FM shows are Stevie fans first and foremost, and they are all willing to go see the Mac without Lindsey, even though they are unhappy about his firing.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...410-story.html

More positive take on things for Buckingham
    -----------

@Trav, Christine is 74 years old and will turn 75 this year. As much as I love her songs, I don't know how long she can continue. She was weaker vocally than LB when I saw them for Buckingham McVie. John McVie had cancer a few years ago, so I don't know how long his health will hold up. He's fine for now, but these people don't have that much time left.

Also, do I think Lindsey is a saint? No, I don't, but I would think that he wholeheartedly regrets doing the things he did when he was in the band regarding abuse. He's a lot more mellow now. He also doesn't have that great of a solo career unfortunately, so Stevie essentially has her revenge on him. She's adored almost no matter what and she's the moneymaker. She won for all intents and purposes. Does it excuse his past actions? No, it doesn't but it balances it out a little that he did not have as successful of a solo career as her. It would be cruel, if he did and did those bad things that he did in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by RudieCantFail View Post
    http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...410-story.html

More positive take on things for Buckingham
    -----------

@Trav, Christine is 74 years old and will turn 75 this year. As much as I love her songs, I don't know how long she can continue. She was weaker vocally than LB when I saw them for Buckingham McVie. John McVie had cancer a few years ago, so I don't know how long his health will hold up. He's fine for now, but these people don't have that much time left.

Also, do I think Lindsey is a saint? No, I don't, but I would think that he wholeheartedly regrets doing the things he did when he was in the band regarding abuse. He's a lot more mellow now. He also doesn't have that great of a solo career unfortunately, so Stevie essentially has her revenge on him. She's adored almost no matter what and she's the moneymaker. She won for all intents and purposes. Does it excuse his past actions? No, it doesn't but it balances it out a little that he did not have as successful of a solo career as her. It would be cruel, if he did and did those bad things that he did in the past.
    What if he hadn't changed? I am just saying. I don't know FM that very well so I might not be the correct one to talk to. But something must have happened behind the scenes. We can only speculate but LB must have done something to REALLY p o Stevie

More details have come to light thanks to Rick Turner, the guitar maker who created Lindsey's signature electric guitar - he shared this on Facebook but gave permission for them to be reposted:

According to Rick Turner:
    "At one point, Lindsey had proposed that both FM and he with his band tour at the same time with the LB band filling in dates between the FM shows. The report was that Stevie wanted at least a day between gigs; Lindsey wanted to play as much as possible. That's what I heard from a most reliable source at the NAMM show in January.

[...]

I think it just points out one point of contention. Maybe it looked to some as though LB was going to do really well touring hard; perhaps not doubling his money on the tour, but certainly getting in nearly twice the audience face time. I did not hear whether Christine was going to possibly do the LB gigs as well as the FM gigs, but Bret [Tuggle, keyboardist] and Neil [Heywood, backing guitarist] would have, and that would have made nice...and deserved...paydays for them. Good guys, great musicians. I know Federico [Pol, Lindsey's bass player] was looking forward to it, too.

[...]

Lindsey would have gotten more press than Stevie if they'd done a double tour like that.

[...]

Well, it would just be two interlaced tours with some of the folks working practically every night [in different cities]. But that's what they do in musical theater...Broadway and off-Broadway actors do eight shows a week...six nights and two matinees. That's what professionals are capable of. At one point the Beach Boys were often enough doing two gigs on the same day, and on at least one day, they did three...in three different cities. Lot's of alimony to pay for those guys!

[...]

It would have been doable. It just needed everyone's buy-in."

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten