Page 101 of 194 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1935

Thread: Dreaming of the Eagles

Default Re: Dreaming of the Eagles

It does sound dire.
    I'm sure that you'll see Glenn again; even if the Eagles played their final tour--they'd all (maybe) go onstage solo on occasion!

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts
    I hope he'll stay and watch TV with me, but I don't ask him to do so - I want to be as low-maintenance a guest as possible. I figure, if I'm not a bother, he might invite me back again sometime! Otherwise, I know I'll probably never see him again.
    A dream expert would be chomping at the bit to analyze this part!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I had one but I don't think most people will be impressed by it, although there were a couple of nice moments. It is not romantic - mine never are.

I was at Soda's university and Glenn was doing some workshops with students about music theory & media studies (obviously the NYU thing has been in my mind). He was asked to do role plays with some of the students and as usual turned on the charm. He was wearing a tie & a black & white striped sweater. He looked very nice. But Soda & I were just observers & didn't get to talk to him (I am sure if I hadn't been there Soda would have talked to him). Anyway it all ended up in confusion. We were in a gym so had to take our shoes off. I couldn't find mine; they were blue sandals. I searched through every blue shoe in the gym & never found a pair; anyway someone gave me shoes & I went to catch a plane.

I told you it wasn't very interesting.
    I'm sorry, FP, I found that very funny! The shoe and plane parts take the cake!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post

Here's a dream I had a little bit ago but didn't have a chance to post until now.

In the dream, I'm sitting at a picnic table with the Eagles, all looking as they did in Las Vegas, and Irving Azoff. Glenn is across from me and Don and Irving are on either side of me. Everyone seems tense and is eating in silence. I feel like I shouldn't be there.

Suddenly Glenn says to me, "You're upset." Everyone turns to look at me.

I say, "No! I'm not upset! I'm happy to be here!"

He replies, "OK, you're worried."

"Yes, I guess I'm kind of worried," I reply. I feel anxious, like I know something bad is about to happen - I just don't know what.

"You'll be upset when you hear what I have to say..." he begins, and suddenly I know that he's about to announce the end of the Eagles.

I don't want him to feel bad, so I quickly say before he can continue, "Don't worry, I won't be upset if I can't see you in concert. I can always call you if I want to say hi." In the dream, this seems perfectly reasonable!

"What are you talking about?" Don asks, looking from me to Glenn.

"The Eagles are over," Glenn says in a tight voice, then gets up abruptly and leaves.

"I knew it!" Don cries. "I knew he would do this!" He looks at me crossly. "The picnic is ruined!"

I look down the table at Joe and Tim. Tim looks depressed. Joe is frozen mid-bite, eating something that looks like chicken salad.

Oh my gosh, I'm so glad I went to see them in Las Vegas since it turns out that will be their last show ever! I think, but don't say anything. I mean, what can I say, really? They seem to have forgotten I'm there anyway. Irving is talking across me to Don.

"Don't worry, Don, everything will be OK," he says soothingly. "I'll talk to him."

"I knew he would do this," Don repeats, but he seems calmer.

Glenn is out of sight now. I wonder if he's gone home.

Suddenly, I'm in a big, old-fashioned, Victorian house - in my dream, it's Glenn's house. I'm at the top of a staircase on the second floor. I start walking down the staircase and I meet Glenn, who is on the way up. "Just make yourself at home," he tells me as he passes me on the stairs, barely giving me a second look.

Obviously, it's up to me to entertain myself, but I don't have a problem with that. I just feel lucky to be there! I go downstairs to the den and there is a big TV playing what appears to be an educational program. I sit down on the couch but I'm not really interested; I'm too busy thinking about the big announcement Glenn made.

I hear the TV ask, "What do we call a dinosaur who just eats plants?" I ignore it. The TV says, "If you're not going to answer the question, then I'll mute myself."

Amazed, I think, Wow, Glenn's TV is so high tech it can talk to you! I reply, "I'm sorry, it's not that your program isn't interesting, it's just that I was thinking of something else..."

The TV, displeased, turns itself off despite my attempt at an apology. Bored and thirsty, I get off the couch and go into the kitchen. No one is around, and Glenn did tell me to make myself at home after all, so I go to his refrigerator and pull out a Coke. I decide to go back upstairs and find my room. On the way up the stairs I meet Glenn again, who is now coming back down. This time he pauses. He sees me with the Coke. "I see you found the kitchen."

"Yes," I reply, a little sheepishly.

"Do you want to watch TV?" he asks.

"Well, I watched it for a while, but then when I didn't answer its questions, it turned itself off," I answer. "You see, it was showing this educational program..."

"Don't worry. I'll go turn it back on and you can watch whatever you want," Glenn says. He continues down the stairs and I turn around to follow him down. I hope he'll stay and watch TV with me, but I don't ask him to do so - I want to be as low-maintenance a guest as possible. I figure, if I'm not a bother, he might invite me back again sometime! Otherwise, I know I'll probably never see him again.

On that rather sobering note, I woke up!
    Don: "The picnic is ruined!"

Your dream made my day, Soda! In spite of Glenn's rather unfortunate announcement, it's still a scream! Glenn seems to have thrown a temper tantrum there!

I can't remember ever having posted in this thread before, because I hardly ever dream, but I actually dreamed of an Eagle over the weekend. And no, it wasn't Glenn .

Just to prepare you, the dream doesn't make much sense - frankly, it's weird, but here goes, anyway:

The details are vague, but I recall that I was sitting on a bus, and I spotted Don Henley on the bus with me. He wasn't sitting anywhere near me.

Suddenly, I was in a room - possibly a hotel room. Then I saw Don opening the door and entering my room. He was smiling and pleasant. He was carrying a book with him, which I realised later was some kind of note book. He sat at the edge of my bed with his back to me, looking at his notes in the book. I was feeling frisky (), so I crept up close to him from behind and put my arms around him. He looked over his shoulder, smiled only slightly and said coolly, "I'm reading".

Alrighty, then.

Then I was in a large room with lots of people - possibly a restaurant. I was sitting on my own, when suddenly Don walked past me. He acknowledged my presence by smiling and making a fist to knock my fist in a friendly gesture (in other words, a fist high-five - what does one call that?).

Then I woke up.

What does it all mean?

Don turned me down!

Your thoughts are welcome.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

- Must've been your name ... guess he figured he'd better not mess with Mrs. Frey!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Lol Dreamer!

Sorry Mrs. F, we can't tell you what they mean - we just enjoy reading them!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Dreamer! You are so funny!

PM, thank you! At least you got a laugh out of it!

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

I sleep only a couple hours at a time and very lightly. I get up with hubby at 4 am to see him off to work and then usually lay back down for about an hour and doze till my alarm goes off. This morning I fell into a very deep sleep probably only a few minutes before the alarm was to go off, and had a dream that was then interrupted by the alarm.

In the dream I was speaking to someone and told them I would call just to check to make sure it was set. I was then on the phone and told the person on the other end that I was trying to reach Tim Schmit (strange since I always call him Timothy, not Tim). I was told he wasn't available and that it was his assistant, Julie (what a sweetie!). So I identified myself and asked if I could leave a message for him to call me back about the charity event he was due to attend.

That's when the alarm went off. Not much there but it was very vivid.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Interesting dreams. As PM says, whether they're completely bizarre, a bit more realistic, or somewhere in between, we love reading them!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten