Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV - 10/11/2014

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV - 10/11/2014

Nice review, VA! Too cool that you got to move over towards the center! Sounds like another successful show!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Awesome reviews ladies. I had no doubt that you would get a great show and looks like you got a few extra perks too. I can just see HH working that security guard to get your seat upgrade, VA. And HB, that is too cool that you won Joe's guitar strings. I'm glad it was a full setlist, and would have loved to have seen Glenn giving those autographs.

And VA, I would agree that an occasional Vegas show is better than no show at all. However, I'm still crossing my fingers (and toes) that they will schedule a few more dates throughout the states next spring and/or summer once they return from Australia. They really should wrap up the History of the Eagles tour here in the ole USofA, methinks!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Awesome reviews ladies. I had no doubt that you would get a great show and looks like you got a few extra perks too. I can just see HH working that security guard to get your seat upgrade, VA. And HB, that is too cool that you won Joe's guitar strings. I'm glad it was a full setlist, and would have loved to have seen Glenn giving those autographs.

And VA, I would agree that an occasional Vegas show is better than no show at all. However, I'm still crossing my fingers (and toes) that they will schedule a few more dates throughout the states next spring and/or summer once they return from Australia. They really should wrap up the History of the Eagles tour here in the ole USofA, methinks!
    Yes...no offense to the people of San Antonio, but it's not a take-it-out-in-style kind of place.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Unhappy Re: MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV - 10/11/2014

I am with you Dreamer...their last big hurrah should be in the USA....I am wondering why there isn't a bigger deal being made about the San Antonio concert if it is truly to be their last USA concert....trying my best to find a way to get to San Antonio but looks like that isn't going to happen...my sister and I had a fabulous girls last minute get away to Anaheim and San Diego...with each concert the band seemed more happy and relaxed....I hope it is not because they are looking forward to the end of the tour!!

The "we don't know yet" sounds like the Eagles might be negotiating a sweeter contract. MGM hopefully recognizes what an asset they are and will pony up the cash. Certainly the Eagles are the only reason I have darkened their door.

Thanks for the reviews and extra info! So cool that they were in such great moods!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post

I think it would to awesome end this HOTE tour where it started - in Louisville!

For me Madison Square Garden is geographically desirable but the best place would probably be their favorite place...where ever that might be...California ? a small venue from their early days? Any thoughts ?

Maybe they could do what Billy Joel did in NY and schedule a concert once a month at their favorite venue for as long as there is interest (and that would be a very long time!!).They could perform new material and some of their individual work and include any friends like Jackson Brown, JDS, Richie Furay and so many more who happen to be available or stop by. They could use this platform to introduce audiences to the talents of any of their children who are in the business. The concerts or sessions could be recorded and sold. They would be enjoying their art and having fun while making money and keeping us fans happy.

I might have to change my name from Roey and share 'I have always been a dreamer".

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

I am home and exhausted but I am sure I will perk up once I get to Toyota Center tomorrow night. VA did an awesome job on the concert review, she nailed it. I am just going to add some random thoughts..........

For future EAGLES concert goers, these guys do start pretty much on time. They are out there by 5 or 10 after so don't be caught late. A lot of people are not in their seats at the beginning and they miss the special moment of the old vintage lights coming down from the top and Glenn and Don walking out from opposite sides of the stage. I couldn't see what Glenn was doing when he came out from behind the curtain but as Don came out, he looked over there at Glenn, hesitated & then burst out laughing. By the time they got to the fist bump, they were both laughing. Melted my heart seeing them have so much fun. As they say, they are truly brothers.

After "Saturday Night" when Don was talking about how they started, he said they asked Bernie to join the band and Bernie said..... and this is when Bernie sat down and interjected "What the hell" with both arms raised. It got a laugh from both Don and Glenn. I LOVE that Bernie is with them. One of the many many things that makes this tour so special.

I love how Timothy stands back and scans the audience when someone else is singing. And he always has the most sincere, sweetest smile. And MC I kept my eye on him and saw him place the coin or something larger on the cymbal. Scott caught it and Timothy laughed. Speaking of Scott, I had a great view of him most of the night. He was smiling & laughing all night. Will looked especially good with his beard and slightly longer hair. SO cute!

Don has his goatee & this time I liked it. Looked great on him.

And Joe gets better looking every time as does Glenn. During the second half, Glenn was wearing a light blue shirt with a dark stripe down the front. He said with a sly smile that he got the shirt from Elvis before he died.

I do remember Glenn making a remark with the plaintiff joke. I thought he said he was "dedicating the song to plaintiff which was appropriate being in Las Vegas". I remember thinking when he said that maybe the divorce went thru there. But I don't know.

I apologize for the length of this post but one more thing which VA already touched upon. I love it when Don talks about how at the end of the seventies they were supposed to be "out", disco "in" & punk rock starting. It makes me smile & holler when he says with his sly grin - "Look who's still here!" And then he adds "it's all thanks to you, our fans." And Glenn is in the background, nodding his head. How can anybody NOT love these guys? They really do appreciate their fans & put on an AWESOME show!

It was a nice flight home reliving the concert & music. The only thing that would make these concerts better would be knowing a DVD will be made. They just got to do this!!!

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Wow I knew you all would have a blast
    Thanks for the reviews

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

HB, thanks for your thoughts! I felt like I was there with you! Made me a little wistful, wishing it wasn't going to be 'it' for us in the states.

So glad you all enjoyed yourselves, but I knew you would!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten