Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Greensboro Coliseum, Greensboro, NC - Nov 16, 2013

Out on the Border

Default Greensboro Coliseum, Greensboro, NC - Nov 16, 2013

First time on the forum.

Since there wasn't a Greensboro review, I decided to write one. We had seen the band the previous night at Charlotte. The show in Charlotte was mainly to listen as we were in the nose bleed seats there. My wife and I first saw the Eagles in Nashville Tn back in 1972. Since then we saw them during their 1994 tour (twice). As best we can remember this latest show is probably the 7th or 8th time we've seen the band over the years. The wife had a great time and had a great view of the stage. Several times during the show she was the first to stand up and applaud in our section. Said that Glenn Frey winked at her ?

We had very good seats, center section 5th row from stage. All the band members seemed to enjoy themselves. Even Don Henley smiled. Joe Walsh had a good time and got the crowd involved. Don't remember the last time I've heard the audience sing along as loudly as this show. Hotel California had everyone on their feet and singing along. Really surprised at how fast the time went after the intermission.

Was very glad to get to see Bernie and hear music from Desperado. About the only song I would have liked to hear was "Outlaw Man". One highlight was the dueling guitars between Joe and Glenn. Certainly "Life's been Good" was a highlight and another great sing along.

All the songs were excellent, but would have to single out "Heartache Tonight" and Glenn on "Take it to the Limit" as high points.

The floor staff let us know still photos were OK, no video. I probably got 25 to 30 decent pictures. I was too busy listening to really work on photos. Not too many people around us were videoing, I did see a few staff telling attendees to stop recording.

Before and after all the merchandise stands were packed. Decided we had enough T-shirts and a Eagles coffee mug was better expense for older fans.

We took our son and his wife, good to share the experience with them. Both said the show was great.

Everyone around us was very friendly and we all exchanged Eagles stories.

First $11 Diet coke I've ever drank. Even beats the street cafe prices in Paris France. Can't image how much money changed hands at all the vendors at the arena.

Anyway I wanted to make sure the Greensboro show got an entry on the board. Even with $10 parking the show was one to remember as the band was in top form.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Greensboro Coliseum Nov 16, 2013

Welcome to The Border and thank you so much for posting your review. What great seats, and how wonderful of you to take your son and his wife. I get so excited when I hear people talk about how much they loved the show. Hope your son and D-I-L paid for their own cokes.

Hope you stick around and enjoy the discussion!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Thanks, Mac! In my opinion, all the shows need entries! Love that Glenn winked at your wife! I hope you stick around, and welcome!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Hi Mac and thanks so much for your review! Your post reminded me of my Hubby and I - although they weren't nosebleed seats, our tier 1 side seats at Louisville left something to be desired. Three months later in Indy we were 5th row center from the stage, just like you guys! Tell your wife though that I'm - I didn't get a wink from Glenn! Lol!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Hey Mac, thanks for posting the review. Wow! You got to see the Eagles in '72!! It must have been such a different experience!

Out on the Border

My wife kept all our concert ticket stubs. That show in 1972 cost a fortune, all of $6.00 per seat. This was back in the days of Festival seating. When concert goers died at a Who show in Ohio that tragedy put an end to festival seating.

Best I can remember the 1972 show also featured the Charlie Daniels band. It wasn't uncommon back then for a show to have two or three bands performing.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Welcome Mac! And thanks so much for your review! You had wonderful seats and too cool that Glenn winked at your wife! I'm sure she was thrilled!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Thanks Mac and welcome to the board. Delighted you had such a good time, and wonderful for your wife too!

We'll be paying €10 in Dublin next June to park the car. That's about $13. They sell the parking tickets on ticketmaster!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Out on the Border

Interesting about the parking tickets on TM. The economy gets a boost anywhere the Eagles are playing.

On the Ticketmaster thing, It was so hot in the Charlotte arena I thought I had missed a option when buying our tickets to add on air conditioning. They seem to have a fee for most everything.
    Last edited by MacRL; 11-22-2013 at 04:24 PM. Reason: Misspelling

Quote Originally Posted by MacRL View Post
    Interesting about the parking tickets on TM. The economy gets a boost anywhere the Eagles are playing.

On the Ticketmaster thing, It was so hot in the Charlotte arena I thought I had missed a option when buying our tickets to add on air conditioning. They seem to have a fee for most everything.
    Lol! I wouldn't put it past them!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.