Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Re: Entertainment Centre, Brisbane, AUS - 11 Mar. 2015

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: Entertainment Centre, Brisbane, AUS - 11 Mar. 2015

Thanks for the review, FP! I've heard that Glenn has a really good memory for faces, so I'm not surprised he recognized you, even with the hair color change. I'm glad you had a good time!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by flojo View Post
    Sorry for the delay in posting this, I was too excited after hearing about the new dates the day we left Australia

As most of you will know I was a bit disappointed in the atmosphere with people not standing up etc. I met FP at the show and she was telling me it's normal in Australia.
    The show was great, a lot of banter and laughter on the stage.
    Don Henley did say that this was their last time in Australia, so maybe that had something to do with it.

Once again FP's review pretty much sums up most of it, but I would have to say that I completely disagree about the camera thing.
    I'm glad not to have to watch a concert through some inconsiderate person in front of me's phone. It's all very well to say that you would only want a few pics but once you allow cameras at all it just reverts back to a sea of people living life through a lens. I've had that attitude for years and would rather have the memories.
    If that's a reason for the Australians not standing up at the show then it's pretty lame.
    We saw Santana in the house of blues a couple of years back and some woman was stood in the front with a full size ipad. About halfway through the show Santana took it off her and pointed it back at the crowd to show how annoying it was. Needless to say she put it away after that.

Anyway, rant over! A few moments I remember from the show that FP never mentioned; Near the beginning when Timothy's talking about everything falling apart some woman in the upper seating screamed and he said 'I hope she's alright' which got a few chuckles.
    Glenn introduced LWKUA as Love will keep us awake I think I read somewhere that he's done that previously and it didn't go down well.
    There was an elderly woman a couple of seats along from me who threw a rose up for Joe Walsh at the start of PMAIAR. A bit later Glenn picked it up and had it between his teeth, I think it was during LBG at the Glenn's great bit. Either that or the intros (I must have had too many bourbons).
    We were in front of Joe at this show, which is always good for entertainment value. There was no go pro or grunting for LBG, he had a masquerade mask on at one point, I can't remember which song that was during.

It was a really good show (despite not being able to stand up). I'm not much of a chair dancer as you can probably tell.
    Glenn spotted us as they were going off at the end, he pointed a finger at me and said 'there she is, the scottish one' and was laughing. That means my disguise didn't work! (I had hair like Joe Walsh up until going to Oz, now it's very dark and much longer.) It was funny that he recognised me, most people don't!
    The guy next to us shouted at Joe for some picks and Bernie threw a load out from his pocket.

I'm so glad the extra dates in the US were announced as it was pretty sad thinking that the last shows were with such unenthusiastic crowds.
    I've bought tickets for Hartford after trying for 4 hours to get Miami or Baltimore, so hopefully see some of you there I'll probably buy some resale tickets for some others once I'm sure we can make them.

FP it was lovely to meet you, sorry we didn't get that drink afterwards.
    Lyin' Eyes.

I don't remember Don saying it would be their last trip to Australia.

Thanks for adding the extra bits flojo. My reviews were inadequate, I'm well aware of that.

Out on the Border

I didn't say your reviews were inadequate, just that there were a few things I noticed during the show, I'm sure everyone takes different things from them.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by flojo View Post
    I didn't say your reviews were inadequate, just that there were a few things I noticed during the show, I'm sure everyone takes different things from them.
    I know you didn't. It was ME who thought they were inadequate.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Thanks for your review too Flojo. Looks like you had a good time despite the no stand up policy.

We were at the St Patricks Day parade in Dublin yesterday, and I must say it WAS annoying that a guy in front of me kept holding up an iPad to take pics and video it. I dont mind a camera but this was too much. Selfie sticks are becoming very popular too. Maybe our guys have the right idea after alol, just enjoy the show and don't stop others from doing so.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Thanks for the reviews, folks. I would have loved to visit you, but kept choking on the cost of air travel.

In regard to cameras and standing, it's a no win situation. Even though Eagles security staff have crawled over me, to get to others, enough to degrade my enjoyment, I don't think I would have enjoyed the History tour as much without the audience "control". Although I enjoyed a recent Bob Seger concert, it would have been much better if the person in front of me did not stand with a phone held over their head for the majority of the show.

Everything is a trade-off.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Fp and flojo, thanks for all of your comments about the show! Sounds wonderful! I think it's hard to remember everything all at once!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten