Page 9 of 39 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: How did you become a fan of the Eagles/a specific Eagle?

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well, I have to admit there were a few times that I purposely looked into Glenn's eyes at Pebble Beach precisely for the reason that there has been so much discussion about his eye color. At one point, I was looking intensely at his eyes for a few moments and got a pretty good look. I was looking to see if I could tell if he was wearing contacts, but I couldn't tell. Like PLS, I didn't want him to catch me staring although I think he knew. As I said before, his eyes looked to be blueish gray - actually more medium gray than blue. They were definately not bright blue. I agree with Soda that they could possibly be hazel meaning they change colors. Also, it is not at all uncommon in the states for people to wear contacts that are different than their natural eye color. I also agree with Soda that in those pictures where his eyes are a vivid shade of blue, he must be wearing contacts. If not, then I guess the only other explanation is the lighting in the pictures. One other thing I noticed is that his eyes are very deepset - even more so than I thought.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

His eyes are beautiful.
    How can love survive in such a graceless age?

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

What a most beautiful topic of conversation! I've never been close enough to Glenn to see into his eyes directly (mores the pity), so I can only go on what you guys who have had that privelige can say.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer
    At one point, I was looking intensely at his eyes for a few moments and got a pretty good look.
    Just reading this made me sigh deeply!

Welcome to the board, Mrs Frey, from another hopeless addict!
    (PS I have your favourite picture on a pillowcase. )

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Quote Originally Posted by glenneaglesfan
    At one point, I was looking intensely at his eyes for a few moments and got a pretty good look.

Welcome to the board, Mrs Frey, from another hopeless addict!
    (PS I have your favourite picture on a pillowcase. )
    Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh.
    and welcome!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I think Glenn's eyes are a bluish hazel and that the lighting makes all the difference. My hubby has hazel eyes and some days they look bluish, but usually more gray.

Do we really even know that he ever wears contacts? I would imagine that because of his age he might need reading glasses, but it depends. I need them, but my husband has worn glasses since age 15 for distance, but now takes them off to read!

My sister has beautiful blue eyes. A few years ago, she got bright blue contacts that made her eyes look wierd, so she had to change them to a natural color, which has a tinge of blue to them. I have brown eyes and my contact has a bluish tinge. Helps to see it! (I only have one for my reading eye!) It doesn't change my eye color, but you can see the bluish tint on my eyeball if you look really close.

My 2 cents!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by glenneaglesfan
    Yeah, GEF - it was definately one of those deep sigh moments! It gave a new meaning to the words "You look in his eyes, the music begins to play!"

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay - I'm back now!

The only other thing I'll say about this is to clarify what I said about the contacts. I didn't mean to imply that I know Glenn wears contacts. As I said, I couldn't determine whether he was or was not wearing them. I just think that this could be one explanation for the vivid blue eye color that we occasionally see in pictures. JMHO.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Yeah, GEF - it was definately one of those deep sigh moments! It gave a new meaning to the words "You look in his eyes, the music begins to play!"

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay - I'm back now!
    Good one! Very true!

Default Beautiful Glenn

Wow, it looks like I started something here (or perhaps I just fanned the smouldering flame ). I love your amended lyric to NKIT, Dreamer (look, I'm getting with the abbreviations already ).

I reckon Glenn has blue eyes - it was the flash of blue when he opened his eyes for a moment (he does get so intense when he sings - oh!) while singing "The Girl from Yesterday" during HFO that melted my heart - and brought me to this website! Best move I ever made!

The man is incredible. I just can't get enough of him or this website. Thank you, Soda - we are all indebted to you! I would never have known anything about Glenn if it hadn't been for you.

And thank you to everyone who posted welcomes to me. You are all so kind!

Perhaps I should start something else : in which of Glenn's music videos do you find him the sexiest? I'm struggling to decide at the moment (and of course, I haven't seen them all), but "The Heat Is On" is a close contender, along with "I Found Somebody". That white suit - WOW - my heart can't take it. Only problem with that video is that I get extremely jealous when he kisses that girl...

One more thing: GEF, a pillowcase with that sexy "Allnighter" photo, indeed! What do you get up to at night, alone with such a sexy man Oh, I'm just jealous. Forgive me.[/i]

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Hmm, Mrs. F, I think this topic deserves its own thread!

Click here folks: Glenn's Sexiest Video thread

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten