Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: How did you become a fan of the Eagles/a specific Eagle?

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

What a story PLS. I was so completely envious of you just as I got to the heart attack bit. Then I felt just a little ashamed I'm really glad Glenn helped you get through what must have been a terrible ordeal. You know, I think he's one of the greatest singer/songwriter/musician/entertainers of all times, right up there and in with the best. But because he is a genuine nice guy who doesn't live the superbrat celebrity lifestyle constantly seeking attention, he doesn't get the recognition he deserves.

I've enjoyed reading everyones stories on this thread. While obviously they all have a common theme, they are all so unique and everyone has their own special reason for favouring their own particular hero.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

I'm not sure if everyone has mentioned this with their stories or not. But was there a particular song that you had to hear first....that made you an immediate Eagles/solo member fan? Or at least made you research them more?

I'll add to my story that the first song that grabbed my attention was playing on F1 and it made me look up all the Eagles songs. Oddly enough, it wasn't even a real "Eagles song." At least not originally. It was "Dirty Laundry."

Quote Originally Posted by DonFan
    I agree, PLS--your story is definitely unique. I am so glad you are healthy enough now to truly enjoy Glenn.
    I bet the man has no idea what he really did to your heart!
    The funny thing is....in telling people about ILTWAWD I said, "that song just about did me in". Famous last words. LOL!

For me it was New Kid In Town - just the sudden realisation that there were different soloists for the Eagles, and that NKIT was sung by that guy in the middle of the poster...

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Stuck on the Border

You can read in my story about my New Kid In Town moment. I liked their songs prior to this but on that one night, I found myself listening so intently that I knew I had found my 'voice'. It was Heartache Tonight that pushed me over the edge before I saw the album cover.

As I was already a fan when the solo careers began I suppose my first favourite was The One You Love and with Don it was Dirty Laundry - but they both came out of prior knowledge.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I have done some research and found out when I became Glennstruck! It was when I saw this picture or one very similar:

And Freypower is to blame! I do believe I fainted or lost my breath or something like that! And I've never been the same since!

This one takes my breath away every time!

Edit to add it was in early 2005.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Brooke, I was just thinking about how much you liked that look when I did some more screenshots of that show. I may post some soon. He was at the side of the stage not even singing at the start of the show. He was obviously itching to get to centre stage where he belongs. Bless.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower
    He was obviously itching to get to centre stage where he belongs. Bless.
    Love it!!

And this is the picture that first got me interested - not his best look I admit, but intriguing nonetheless!

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

I do have to say.......the first time I noticed that Glenn was QUITE attractive.....was when I watched HFO Then I saw pics from TLR era! wowzers

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

As I said in my earlier post, I don't think I really paid attention to any of the guys looks until The Long Run. It's hard to recollect exactly though because I do remember 'talk on the street' about the band - how hot they were, and all about their 'sex-capades'. I think the truth is I knew they were hot, but really was more interested in my own 'sex-capades' at the time. Hey - what can I say, I was in my 20's and it was the '70's. As Brooke said earlier in this thread, I should have been a groupie. :P

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016