Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: How did you become a fan of the Eagles/a specific Eagle?

So many great and nice and sweet stories here, I read them all.

I was born in 1967, so I was much too young to start listening to the Eagles when 'it all started'. I have to admit they don’t seem to have been popular in Switzerland back in the day – very sad .

When I was a teenager I started to listen to rock music, and I liked the Eagles’ music very much. I bought their greatest hits album and also Hotel California, played them over and over again. I asked who had other Eagles albums, so I could record them on cassette tape, as a teenager I didn’t have enough money to buy them all myself.

However the Eagles had disbanded by the time I started to play their music, so I also turned to other music though I kept playing the Eagles albums.
    Then ‘The Heat Is On’ came out, I fell in love with that song right away, and I was so surprised to learn it was sung by an ex-Eagle. I had never bothered about their names, and only Don Henley was familiar to me.
    With ‘The Heat Is On’ I became interested in Glenn, and I tried to follow his career the best I could – not really easy with the only source for news being music magazines, some of them hard to get.

At least I could buy Glenn’s albums – along with Don Henley’s solo albums that I also like very much.
    Things improved a lot after my graduation when I went to the States. I had planned to stay for a limited time only but things didn’t go like I had planned. The downside was that I got married (the downside when I look at it now ), the upside was that I had much more access to music and could see a lot more great concerts than in Switzerland or any neighbor country .

However it turned out that I didn’t see Glenn first in the US but surprisingly in Germany at the ‘Rock am Ring’ Festival in June 1992. It’s a famous festival, mostly rock, and they always have prestigious names on their list. Oh my, I enjoyed it so much though that is rather a messy place to be, camping and rain included.

I have to make this short now. Only some things I want to add for now. Though my marriage went totally wrong I was fortunate enough with my job which enables me to catch a lot of concerts, the last one being in my former home town Zürich in 2006. Sadly I couldn’t see any of Glenn’s solo shows last year, the latest I went to was the ‘Stars On The Lake’ show in July 2005 in Vegas which blew me away. Wonder how I survived that one, temperatures were around 110, and to see him during soundcheck and the concert made it so much hotter .

Looks like this year I will suffer from serious withdrawal unless something unexpected happens. I’m so jealous when I read about all you guys who will see Glenn in August , but I wish you a lot of fun

Quote Originally Posted by Sexy Girl

I’m so jealous when I read about all you guys who will see Glenn in August , but I wish you a lot of fun
    You and me both, SG. And I've never seen Glenn or the Eagles live in concert! I live in hope that they will come to South Africa.

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

That's a great story, SG! Thanks for posting it. Seems like you may have been to more Eagles and Glenn concerts than many of us here. I hope you'll be able to tell us more when you have time.

I'm new to the concert scene. I started enjoying the Eagles mid 70s (being 10 years older than you), and continued to enjoy their music through the 80s and 90s, although their solo careers and subsequent reunion pretty much passed me by. It was only a couple of years ago I rediscovered them, and shortly afterwards realised that Glenn was the one. When I heard they were coming to Europe I persuaded hubby to get tickets for Dublin, then became so hooked I bought vastly inflated tickets on eBay for Wembley and Cardiff as well. The guys were all magnificent, but throughout all of these concerts I was completely mesmerised by Mr Frey, and ever since then I have been suffering from PGW.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Frey

I’m so jealous when I read about all you guys who will see Glenn in August , but I wish you a lot of fun
    You and me both, SG. And I've never seen Glenn or the Eagles live in concert! I live in hope that they will come to South Africa.
    Don't feel bad MF.........I haven't seen any of the Eagles either live either

Quote Originally Posted by glenneaglesfan
    That's a great story, SG! Thanks for posting it. Seems like you may have been to more Eagles and Glenn concerts than many of us here. I hope you'll be able to tell us more when you have time.
    I tried to see at least one concert a year since HFO and after the break till the millennium shows. OK, I admit, after meeting Glenn I became a bit more obsessed and tried to squeeze in more than one concert a year.

But I see I’m not alone here

Wonder how I can manage this year without ANYTHING That was not very nice of Glenn to announce his solo show dates long AFTER I had booked my vacation flights

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Wonder how I can manage this year without ANYTHING That was not very nice of Glenn to announce his solo show dates long AFTER I had booked my vacation flights
    Without anything? You won't go to any concert this year?
    Ok, this is off topic but ... have you ever thought about to go to Keith Urban? He's a worthy substitute.

LOL!!!!!! Nice smooth plug for Keith there EF

Quote Originally Posted by Maleah
    LOL!!!!!! Nice smooth plug for Keith there EF
    LOL!!!!
    How can love survive in such a graceless age?

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Sorry, couldn't resist.

of course not! I totally understand you know