Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Eagles Related Sights to See in Southern California

Default Re: Eagles Related Sights to See

After almost five years, I've decided to move this thread to the Eagles forum. It's never to late to reorganize.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border Thirsty&Hot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    We'd have to look for the rock walls as all the plants and cacti are long gone. of course, if there are a lot of rocks that look alike, that could be a problem. lol
    haha yes...there are LOTS of rocks in Joshua Tree NP that all look very similar. We would have to have some kind of hint from them to help locate the spot. I bet they don't even remember exactly where it was, unless it was a particular spot they had frequented.
    If I can't have it all, just a taste will do...

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Default Re: Eagles Related Sights to See in Southern California

I have been meaning to post this but kept forgetting. I don't know if someone else has posted this book or not but just in case. I purchased this book for Eagles and Fleetwood Mac sites but have ended up reading the whole book - so interesting and full of information - "650 great music locations". It is "Rock Atlas USA" by David Roberts. Tons of photos too!
    There is also a "Rock Atlas UK & Ireland" edition.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    The Lido Apartments (the lobby of which is where they shot the interior gatefold Hotel California photo and back). The address for this one is 6500 Yucca Street. It's got bars on the windows and across the door; you have to have a code to get in, but I was not deterred. I waited around a bit for someone else to enter, then I slid in behind them. Frankly, as you probably guessed from the security measures, it's not in the best neighborhood and is run down. While I was waiting, homeless men were trudging by. All my girls had gone back home by that point (it was Saturday night), but I had my cousin and her wife with me so I wasn't alone. Otherwise, I wouldn't have stood out there for more than a minute.

Still, I'm glad I did. It was cool to see the lobby. It's changed since 1976, unsurprisingly, but a few things are the same - like those small windows on the second floor balcony that peek down on the lobby. I stood in one, looked down, and imagined what it would be like to be at that photo shoot and be the girl so many people thought was Anton LeVay. The lobby had a portrait of the Hotel California album hanging on the wall and a small sign saying "Welcome to the Hotel California" - those seemed to be the only visible nods to its claim to fame.

I took a few photos: Lobby 1 | Lobby 2 | Looking down on lobby from second floor balcony | Hotel California portrait hanging in lobby
    Soda, congrats to you for braving the Lido! I was determined to see it on my recent visit to SoCal, but all I got was an exterior shot. Let's just say the clientele is extremely off-putting.

I did manage to hit Lucy's El Adobe, and enjoyed it. The quesadilla was fine, but the autograph wall is the real draw: it's like a who's who of 70s L.A. rock, including Linda, Jackson and JD.

The former site of Asylum records, 9120 Sunset Blvd.

Paramount Ranch, site of Desperado shoot-out. I haven't tried to match up the buildings with the old Eagles photos yet.

Troubadour

Dan Tana's

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

How cool, NMB! I will definitely visit these places someday!

That second photo from the top that says "all of us"........never seen it before! And Randy and Tim are both in it!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

I love how Joe seems to be wearing pajama bottoms! They all look happy and comfortable.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

That "all of us" is very cool. That's the only non RnRHoF photo with all 7 members that I've seen! Joe definitely looks like he's wearing pajamas for pants. (Typical for him). I almost didn't recognize Glenn, with that baseball hat on(at least I think he's wearing a hat).

California is on my list of places to visit, but it'll probably be several years before I'll get the chance to.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Thanks for sharing, NMB!! I have to get back out to California soon and visit these places, myself! Great pics!

oh wow..great pics...my dream to go see these places in person some day...and that pic with all of them...WOW...I wonder what the occasion was that got them all together??

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by zeldabjr View Post
    oh wow..great pics...my dream to go see these places in person some day...and that pic with all of them...WOW...I wonder what the occasion was that got them all together??
    It would have been the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. What else could it have been? I have to say I am very surprised that photo has never surfaced before.