Page 44 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite TV Shows

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Re: Favorite TV Shows

Quote Originally Posted by DJ View Post
    Right now I'm fascinated with Lucifer. The guy who plays him Tom Ellis is gorgeous and is from Britain with a smooth voice.....Plus it's dark,mysterious, sexy and funny.
    You had me at "is gorgeous and from Britain" I've seen the show in the tv listings but now I want to check it out.

The only contemporary show I like is "Vikings." Otherwise, I just watch 70s tv shows. Tonight the Bionic Woman is on.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    You had me at "is gorgeous and from Britain" I've seen the show in the tv listings but now I want to check it out.

The only contemporary show I like is "Vikings." Otherwise, I just watch 70s tv shows. Tonight the Bionic Woman is on.
    What about Game Of Thrones? If you want to wach British acting at its finest, this is for you. I could write a great deal about it.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

]I have 2 new shows that I must watch every weekend, though they air at the same time, which means I have to choose between them.

The first is Svengoolie, which airs every Saturday night at 10 on METV. It's a 2 hour long show in which the host, Svengoolie (Rich Coz), shows a classic horror film. I've enjoyed most of the movies so far. Sven uses dry humor as a gag before commercial breaks, and he also discusses the movie and its cast.

The other show is a britcom called Vicious, which airs on PBS every Saturday night at 10:30. It stars Sirs Ian McKellen and Derek Jacobi as 2 old gay men who've been partners for nearly 50 years. It's about their life now and their inner circle of friends/neighbors. I've only seen 3 episodes so far, but I've cried during each episode because I was laughing so hard.

ETA: I forgot to mention the older TV shows I've gotten interested in, The Jeffersons, All in the Family, Green Acres, Hogan's Heroes, The Carol Burnett Show, and The Tonight show with Johnny Carson. All come on AntennaTV every weekday, except Hogan's Heroes and The Carol Burnett Show which are on METV.
    Last edited by AlreadyGone95; 04-25-2016 at 02:45 AM.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border

I didn't take to Vicious despite the wonderful cast. It's too much of the old-fashioned small set sit-com. A link between that and Game of Thrones - the nice young neighbour in Vicious plays one of the nastiest characters in Game of Thrones (the one who tortured Theon and married Sensa).

There's a new epsiode of GoT waiting for me. If only I could remember what happened last time!

I'm working through The X-Files. "Deep Throat" in season 1 turned out to be the same Washington aide that met with Harry's brother in Let's Get Harry.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    I didn't take to Vicious despite the wonderful cast. It's too much of the old-fashioned small set sit-com. A link between that and Game of Thrones - the nice young neighbour in Vicious plays one of the nastiest characters in Game of Thrones (the one who tortured Theon and married Sensa).

There's a new epsiode of GoT waiting for me. If only I could remember what happened last time!

I'm working through The X-Files. "Deep Throat" in season 1 turned out to be the same Washington aide that met with Harry's brother in Let's Get Harry.
    Iwan Rheon aka Ramsay Bolton.

On my leatherette looking through pictures...

Bill Maher's and John Oliver's comedio-political shows have long been favourites of mine. Also watching the newer shows "Better Call Saul" and "Vinyl," both of which I rate very highly.

Also giving a good re-watch to old "Frasier" Episodes
    All carrot, no stick.

"He's just another power junkie, just another silk scarf monkey. You'd know it if you saw his stuff. The man just isn't big enough."--Glenn Frey/Don Henley

"You think you know me, but you haven't got a clue."--John Lennon/Paul McCartney

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

I don't watch much TV anymore, but I do enjoy a few shows I DVR regularly. I love Better Call Saul, Brooklyn Nine-Nine ,and The Big Bang Theory. One show that really stood out for me was Horace And Pete, the show put out by Louis C.K. on his website. It starred Louis, Steve Buscemi, Edie Falco, Alan Alda, and Jessica Lange, as well as other big names. I bought the first episode for 5 bucks not really knowing what to expect, as the only promotion it received was an e-mail from Louis. I figured "Eh, if it sucks I've only wasted 5 bucks". I'll tell you what, it was so engrossing to me I found myself waiting every week for him to put out a new one. I encourage everyone to give it a shot. It was fantastic.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    What about Game Of Thrones? If you want to watch British acting at its finest, this is for you. I could write a great deal about it.
    I feel I should check it out, if only to know what so many people are talking about! I was avoiding it because it seemed like "The Tudors," where the women were doffing their tops every 5 minutes but the men stay fully clothed. Unfair!

Anyway, the lovely Jonathan Rhys Meyers will be joining the cast of "Vikings" next season, which will be sensational.
    Last edited by NightMistBlue; 04-26-2016 at 09:27 AM.

Border Desperado The Disco Strangler's Avatar

I am love love loving Grantchester. The Brits have the best TV shows. Now I'm waiting patiently for season 3.

I agree, DS. I do watch a couple commercially produced tv shows, but for quite some time, most of my regular viewing has been on PBS. I'm going to miss Mr. Selfridge and the Downton gang; but, like you, I have been loving Grantchester!

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you