Page 5 of 136 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Sporting Sensations

Our local football team, Plymouth Argyle, reached the quarter finals of the FA cup, but got knocked out 1-0 by Watford tonight.

On the plus side, England beat France in the Six Nations rugby, so with Ireland beating Scotland yesterday, the championship is still wide open. Poor old Wales though, losing on a misunderstanding by the referee...

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Ugh, it's terrible when that happens.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by glenneaglesfan
    Our local football team, Plymouth Argyle, reached the quarter finals of the FA cup, but got knocked out 1-0 by Watford tonight.

On the plus side, England beat France in the Six Nations rugby, so with Ireland beating Scotland yesterday, the championship is still wide open. Poor old Wales though, losing on a misunderstanding by the referee...
    I'm sorry for Plymouth but I'm happy for Watford, as an Elton John tragic. I was also not impressed that ManUre were given an extremely dubious penalty to force a replay with Middlesbrough.

Go Ireland in the Six Nations (especially in St Patricks week).

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

The Cheltenham horse racing festival starts today, always a big one with the Irish and English. Champion Hurdle 3:15pm. I'm going for a horse named DETROIT CITY (guess why?) Its not the favourite but does have a tenuous link to Glenn and thats enough for me
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Congratulations to Ireland for winning in Italy yesterday, and to their cricket team who have beaten Pakistan, against all odds!

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

On behalf of the nation and our fine teams I'll gladly accept your Congratulations GEF. While I think the Italy win was probably reasonably on the cards we were all amazed by the Pakistan win. Of course however our thoughts are also with the Pakistan team whose coach Bob Woolmer died last Sunday. It can't be easy for them, but I'm sure they'll give their all in their final match! Meanwhile Ireland are expected to meet England in the next stage.
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border

I know I shouldn't say this, but how I would love Ireland to meet Australia and beat some of the arrogance out of them.

Personally FP I'd say it'd be the other way round. Australia are big fish!!
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border

Of course there is no way Ireland could beat Australia but I hope someone does. They are too cocky. They have had it too good for too long. After all... it's only cricket.

It would be quite a coup if some team did knock Australia off their perch. I can't see England repeating their World one day series victory somehow, and after Flintoff's antics the other night...

Sadly, it seems that police are viewing Bob Woolmer's death as suspicious. That would just be too sad if he took his own life over, as you so rightly say FP, what is just a game after all.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...