Page 282 of 302 FirstFirst ... 182232272278279280281282283284285286292 ... LastLast
Results 2,811 to 2,820 of 3014

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

Good luck, WS82, as you move forward with school. You'll get through this. Chin up.😊
    "You thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still."

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Best of luck with school, WS82.

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers everyone. My unspoken problem has been resolved, with the best outcome, so now I can focus my attention on what really matters now. (School, my health etc)

I did have to go to the doctor this morning because of a UTI, which has had me feeling really drained lately, so I've got some antibiotics for it.

ETA: About an hour ago, I found out that my grandfather had fell and hit his head. He has a nasty gash, but is conscious from what I understand. My grandmother called the sheriff, who called the EMTs. They are taking him to the hospital, 45 minutes away. My grandmother really didn't want him to go, but the EMTs and the sheriff overrode her. That's all I know at the moment.
    Last edited by AlreadyGone95; 04-28-2016 at 03:29 PM.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

I feel for you WS82, I have been in situations a bit like myself if not quite so strongly and it is always difficult when you have to say goodbye to someone you really like in that way. Hope it all works out well.

Just thought I'd post in here to warn you that you probably won't see too much of me in the next four weeks or so. I will be very busy with work over this time and really need to focus on that so will have to cut back on my posts on here for now. Hopefully I'll still be able to log on at least once a week if not more often, but I'm afraid I can't guarantee anything. May has always been like this for me over the last few years. Please don't worry about me, everything is otherwise absolutely fine - once I have got this busy period over with, I will be posting regularly again, when I will have a lot more time (in time for the OOTN and Eagles LP anniversaries!).

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Come Lately View Post
    I feel for you WS82, I have been in situations a bit like myself if not quite so strongly and it is always difficult when you have to say goodbye to someone you really like in that way. Hope it all works out well.

Just thought I'd post in here to warn you that you probably won't see too much of me in the next four weeks or so. I will be very busy with work over this time and really need to focus on that so will have to cut back on my posts on here for now. Hopefully I'll still be able to log on at least once a week if not more often, but I'm afraid I can't guarantee anything. May has always been like this for me over the last few years. Please don't worry about me, everything is otherwise absolutely fine - once I have got this busy period over with, I will be posting regularly again, when I will have a lot more time (in time for the OOTN and Eagles LP anniversaries!).
    Thanks for the "heads up," JCL, and good luck during this busy time!

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Thinking of you all WS82, JCL, and AG.

Today for me is somewhat sad as it's been a year since my Papa passed away. He had been sick for over 10 years and we all knew it was coming, but it was still hard at first to get used to especially for my Granny. She's loved him since she was 16 and they were married for over 55 years. My Papa was a little older than her so he was in his 80s when he passed. I remember he was always so joyful and loved talking to people, even if he didn't know them. He loved music and I remember being very little and him letting me listen to some of his favorite songs (Southern Gospel and traditional country) and having me focus on the story of the song and what the lyrics were meaning. It really helped me to start creating my own stories to songs and to start writing them. He also loved his Cincinnati Reds and it was weird him not being there for their opening day, but they ended up winning. I'll hopefully be going to a Reds game Wednesday, depending on the weather, and I'll be thinking of him while there. I also think it's so weird he passed on one of his favorite days, May Day. It's not really celebrated in the US like it used to be but he loved this day as it was a start to spring and how it fit with him being in the Navy. I miss him but I know he's back with God now and "home" like he said he would be.

I'm just so thankful I had all four of my grandparents for 28 years as so many I know didn't. We're getting together today to celebrate his life and be there for my Granny, my parents, and all my aunts, uncles, and cousins.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Best of luck with your busy time, JCL.

Buffy, I wish you the best today on the anniversary of your grandfather's passing.

Speaking of grandfathers, mine is back home with 7 staples in his head and bandaged left arm after the fall. He came home that same night around 9 o'clock. That fall was the 5th time he'd fallen that day. He's been in and out of it. My grandmother tried to get him up Saturday to eat at the table. She got him there, but when tried to get back up, he sank to the floor. She had to call the EMTs.
    I spent last evening with my uncle. At exactly midnight, he got a call from my grandmother asking for help in getting him straightened back up in the bed. He had got up and walked a few feet into the bathroom. I saw him for the first time since the fall. He looked so frail, small and helpless. A nursing home is the only option, unless a hospital bed with the rails will keep him from getting up without assistance. We'll know where our cards lay sometime this week.
    Last edited by AlreadyGone95; 05-01-2016 at 11:59 AM.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

I'm so sorry I've slipped behind in catching up so I'll just say that I'm sending my well wishes to everyone here.

---

I'm doing pretty well, getting ready to go to a new allergist/immunologist Tuesday to talk about my anaphylactic shock happening.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

On my leatherette looking through pictures...

Another episode of "Exposition Theater" from yours truly...

Finally got to fire that last of bullets in my life's gun today. After registering for my upcoming Semester in a Pest Management class(I'm a Horticulture student), I left my gift for the lady I liked on the teacher's desk with a letter specifying what and why it was for. I'm at fullest peace now, and am looking forward to whatever the future holds for me.

This will probably be my last Semester as a Horticulture student, as I am wanting to switch over to an actual college so I can study for a career in radio. When I was a teen up to just about a year ago, I dreamed of being a successful musician. Having stepped up to the mic at the local Open Mic Night a few times, I realized not only did I lack the talent for such performances, but I also lacked the drive to constantly assemble set-lists and stage-crafts every day, every week, etc. People eventually took a sturdy disliking to me and froze me out of the scene, which was just as well, as I knew I wasn't any sort of musician.

I do still have a dream of being a performer on some order--After all, I have a great time running my YouTube channel. I've always liked assembling musical tracks together to form a nice, cohesive album unit(about 80 minutes in length--about the musical allottage for a 2 hour slot with commercials) for listening in the car. Radio, when done right, can be performance art in a unique way. Performance for a shy, near-reclusive type like me who wants to say something in a wholly creative manner.

Have listened to radio all my life, and it really is the most powerful of earthly mediums(more than the trashy tube, which I will now have to shut off for a good long while). Reared myself musically on an Atlanta-area station called "94.9 Lite FM," which played select Eagles songs and, in every regard, foundationed my musical tastes and sensibilities. Earlier in the decade, the now-defunct "True Oldies Channel" format, with radio legend Scott Shannon DJing, used to play the songs I like and really communicated to me as a station.

Lite flipped to trashy, pull-my-finger Modern Country music a week before Christmas in 2006 and the TOC became News Radio in Summer 2012. There's really not much worth listening to on the radio dial these days. Real shame. I really feel there's a void that ought to be filled around here.

Of course, all this means that I have to figure out how to navigate acceptance letters, admissions, and advisory meetings. Worth it, but a little bit of a trying prospect sometimes.
    All carrot, no stick.

"He's just another power junkie, just another silk scarf monkey. You'd know it if you saw his stuff. The man just isn't big enough."--Glenn Frey/Don Henley

"You think you know me, but you haven't got a clue."--John Lennon/Paul McCartney

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

WS82, best of luck to you in your new venture!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Best of luck WS82!!! I always loved radio, especially my local independent stations since they can still play what they want.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."