Page 127 of 136 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 1351

Thread: Sporting Sensations

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

Default Re: Sporting Sensations

I've seen some pretty remarkable football matches at Anfield before, but nothing quite like this one! WHAT A NIGHT!

LIVERPOOL 4
    BORUSSIA DORTMUND 3

After such a disappointing start. The fans at Anfield were exceptional, the rendition of You'll Never Walk Alone before the game. So proud of the team and manager, we've knocked out one of the best teams in Europe.

Just thinking back over this exceptional football match is exhausting, so I'll post a link to a match report:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36020910

GET IN THERE!

Stuck on the Border

Seriously... it was Istanbul all over again, although I couldn't watch this (the Europa League isn't shown on Australian TV)....

Just do it Liverpool & the Champions League beckons again (and let's HOPE you know who don't win the FA Cup)...

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Congrats to Liverpool.

The Atlanta Braves have gone 0-9 so far this season. I knew that this season was going to be a long and hard one, but I really didn't think that it would start out this bad. Both the pitching and hitting aren't even decent. In the rare occasions that they've had the lead, they can't hold on to it. Only 153 more games to go this year. I'm hoping that the Braves can keep the loses under 100, but I have my doubts. I'm a fan 'til the end; however, this is going to be a hard season as a Braves fan . Things have gone from good to OK to bad to horrible over the past 4 seasons. This is a "rebuilding" period for the team, so maybe in a few years, things will turn around.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

That was an amazing match. Congratulations Liverpool.

my Detroit Pistons are finally in the playoffs! Playing pretty good against the Cavs so far!

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I'm going tonight to see my Giants take on the Reds, which is always fun since I'm a fan of both. LOL It's also Bark at the Park night which means people can bring their dogs and I love seeing all the dogs there and the parade they do before the game.

Also I'm really happy how my brother's team the Cubs are doing. He's been a fan his whole life which we don't know how since we have no connection to Chicago. So we usually joke he's a reincarnated Cubs fan. LOL
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border

I'm a few days late but heartfelt congratulations to LEICESTER CITY FOOTBALL CLUB, champions of England. Can you believe that?

Also the Europa League semi final second leg... Liverpool 3 Villareal 0.

The mighty Reds will now play Sevilla in the final.

Saw some incredible video here in The States of this impressive victory!

Congrats!!

Also, congrats Liverpool!

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Border Desperado

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I'm a few days late but heartfelt congratulations to LEICESTER CITY FOOTBALL CLUB, champions of England. Can you believe that?
    Few could have predicted the results this season. What a truly amazing accomplishment. Leicester faced possible relegation during much of last season and started this season as a 5000-1 longshot to win the Premier League! Now the bookmakers are taking it in the shorts.

Border Desperado The Disco Strangler's Avatar

The European BMG PGA is happening at Wentworth. I watched Thursday's round. Now recording Friday's round. My fantasy picks are Martin Kaymer (Germany), Russell Knox (Scotland), Danny Willet (England), Jaco van Zyl (South Africa), Bradley Dredge (Wales), and Bernd Wiesberger (Austria).

Hopefully I do well in the fantasy pool.